XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[important] compulsory to read for those who fota update to 4.3

Tip us?

YeoZy96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Exclamation [important] compulsory to read for those who fota update to 4.3

For those who update to android 4.3 via Firmware-Over The Air (FOTA) and having sharp eyes may notice some bugs due to the leftovers of /data of android 4.2.

Here is a list of bugs I found :
- Sony Select takes forever to load
- Xperia with Facebook takes forever to sign in and load
- Ui layout issue when uninstalling app

The first two issue is rather easy to fix.

AFTER FOTA A IMMEDIATE FACTORY RESET IS COMPULSORY (internal storage need not wipe)

Press thanks if I helped you
Ray - S Build 587 Ultimat3
245 MHz - 1401 Mhz
Governed by Virtuous, Scheduled by SI/O

Me no Trust other ROMs, self build ROMs are more reliable

nalab1
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Also Sony have completely knackered the Bluetooth stack... When I first got my z1 it was on 4.2 and would connect to my car audio system (navi 800 in a 2011 Vauxhall insignia) with no problem, allowing me to make and receive calls using the voice control on hands free.. After the update to 4.3, it connects but will not make or receive calls.. I contacted Sony who more or less said it was the audio systems fault! They obviously have done zero regression testing at all! I have tried the audio with a s3 which was running 4.3 upgrade with no problems.. If Samsung can make it work why can't Sony!

If anyone knows of a fix for this I will be extremely grateful!

Regards,

Alan

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Also Sony have completely knackered the Bluetooth stack... When I first got my z1 it was on 4.2 and would connect to my car audio system (navi 800 in a 2011 Vauxhall insignia) with no problem, allowing me to make and receive calls using the voice control on hands free.. After the update to 4.3, it connects but will not make or receive calls.. I contacted Sony who more or less said it was the audio systems fault! They obviously have done zero regression testing at all! I have tried the audio with a s3 which was running 4.3 upgrade with no problems.. If Samsung can make it work why can't Sony!

Regards,

Alan
Sony Xperia Z1 on Vodafone - on @NUT rooted .757
Nexus 7 - Stock, not rooted!

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalab1 View Post

Regards,

Alan
Did you try the factory reset? Before that, I would delete the from phone from the car and the car from the phone, then re-pair. If that doesn't work, factory reset. If that doesn't work, reflash the 290 FTF.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasbo View Post
Did you try the factory reset? Before that, I would delete the from phone from the car and the car from the phone, then re-pair. If that doesn't work, factory reset. If that doesn't work, reflash the 290 FTF.
+1

nalab1
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.. I will try that today... What is the best way to reflash the ROM? Using the Sony companion or the flashtool thingy? Also, what ftf file do I need?

I also remember that there is a red button by the sim card slot to reset the phone? Or do I use the options in setting?

Sorry for all of the questions!

Regards,

Alan

nalab1
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Have tried the delete fone from car etc and repaired the devices and factory reset/ and also reflashed using the Sony companion but still does not work! The devices pair but I still cannot use the hands-free facility. WELL DONE SONY... NOT!!!!

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Thanks for the replies.. I will try that today... What is the best way to reflash the ROM? Using the Sony companion or the flashtool thingy? Also, what ftf file do I need?

I also remember that there is a red button by the sim card slot to reset the phone? Or do I use the options in setting?
This button is only to force the phone to turn completely off. It does not reset anything. Make sure that's what you tried for the reset.

Quote:
Have tried the delete fone from car etc and repaired the devices and factory reset/ and also reflashed using the Sony companion but still does not work! The devices pair but I still cannot use the hands-free facility. WELL DONE SONY... NOT!!!!
The only proof is really to flash back to 4.2.2 and prove that's what did it. Sorry, there's not much else I can recommend here.

slimldj
Old
Thanks Meter 375
I installed a fresh with flashtool, wiped all data and still have that 3rd one with the UI layout when installing and uninstalling apps.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Sony Xperia Z1 Honami
ROM: iHackers
KERNEL: Stock

bristarman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use a bluetooth mouse with my Z1 and it's no longer functioning properly with the update. it stutters across the screen and is useless for anything really. Also movies seem to stop and restart or close. I've done a factory reset and it's still the same. I haven't tried my bluetooth keyboard yet. I use the mouse daily and hook up via hdmi so this is a major inconvenience. Anyone got a fix for this please?

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bristarman View Post
I use a bluetooth mouse with my Z1 and it's no longer functioning properly with the update. it stutters across the screen and is useless for anything really. Also movies seem to stop and restart or close. I've done a factory reset and it's still the same. I haven't tried my bluetooth keyboard yet. I use the mouse daily and hook up via hdmi so this is a major inconvenience. Anyone got a fix for this please?
Did you try the steps I recommended above for another Bluetooth-related problem?