[ROM][4.3][Dec-2013] AT&T I317-UCUBMK6/MJ4 *Stock* Rooted Odex/De-Odex/Odin

Search This thread
** Newer 4.4.2 version (UCUCNJ1) available HERE **

Here are a set of stock rooted Android 4.3 packages for the AT&T i317 Note 2 (firmware version UCUBMK6).

There are options flashable from custom recovery (CWM, TWRP) or, if you'd rather, via Odin. They are built from the 12/17/2013 stock OTA for the AT&T I317 in all their bloated glory.

**They do not include the MK6 bootloader or tz files **

** IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON THE MK6 BOOTLOADER (OR ABOVE) FLASHING ANY OF THESE PACKAGES WILL TRIP THE KNOX COUNTER **

These packages are intended only for the AT&T version of the Note 2 and include the modem and kernel for this phone. Flashing on any other North American Note 2 will result in a soft brick and require a re-flash of the modem/kernel specific to your phone. Flashing on any other phone will likely require a complete reflash of your phone's stock firmware to recover - do not attempt. The other standard disclaimers apply - while these packages have been tested and work on the AT&T i317, you assume all risk in flashing.

First a word on the MK6 bootloader - it has been reported that it is "locked". This is only partially true. If it were completely locked, we would be unable to flash custom recovery or kernel files from download mode - as is the case with the AT&T Note 3. What the MK6 bootloader prevents is downgrading the bootloader to any prior version. So, if we're going to call it locked, it's a "bootloader revert lock" but not a "firmware flash lock". A pain in the a$$, particularly if you want to revert your phone to 4.1.2 stock, clear the download counter with triangle away, unroot, and have your phone looking the same as it did on day one.

The main issue with the MK6 bootloader - If your phone is still covered by warranty: The MK6 bootloader implements one of the Samsung KNOX Secure Boot components: an "e-fuse" that gets set to "1" as soon as you flash something custom on your phone. Once set (so far anyway) this cannot be reset to "0". If this flag is tripped, a service center may use this to deny warranty repair coverage.

Given this, taking the OTA is not recommended for anyone thinking of flashing custom firmware at any time in the future. With that in mind, there is no MK6 bootloader or tz file in these packages. However, a 4.3 bootloader is needed in order for wifi to function. Fortunately we have a 4.3 bootloader available that permits revert to lower versions courtesy of the leaked MJ4 firmware provided by designgears. It is provided here to complete the install.

Here is what you have available:

All firmware packages include the system firmware, kernel, and modem from UCUBMK6. They are rooted with the as of Dec '13 current version of Chainfire's SuperSU. They include Linus Yang's build of busybox. They do not include recovery, bootloader or tz (you install the last two separately via Odin if needed)

All packages completely replace the contents of the system partition. If you are coming from another stock-based i317 firmware wipes should not be necessary.

**NOTE** Odin ZIP packages should be unzipped ONCE. The extracted MD5 file should be placed in the PDA slot in the Odin app. Do not change any other options. If the phone shows up on top as COMn and the MD5 checks out OK in the status window, you are good to click Start. **

AT&T UCUBMK6 i317 *Odexed* Stock CWM Note 2

AT&T UCUBMK6 i317 *Deodexed* Stock CWM Note 2

AT&T UCUBMK6 i317 *Odexed* Stock ODIN Note 2

If you *are not* running Official 4.3 (MK6) or newer bootloader:
After flashing one of the firmware packages above flash the bootloader package below in Odin to get wifi working (sorry, no option available for CWM/TWRP). I've included the Odin executable just after if needed.
Bootloader needs to be flashed only once. See post #2 for information on how to check what version of bootloader you have installed.

** Warning - do not attempt to flash MJ4 bootloaders if you already have the MK6 bootloaders - this will soft brick your phone - see post #2 for more **

AT&T i317 ODIN 4.3 UCUBMJ4 (Leak) Bootloader & TZ (AT&T Note 2 ONLY)

If you *are* running the Official 4.3 (MK6) bootloader:
After flashing one of the stock packages, you may need to flash the MK6 tz.img and optionally the param.bin from the MJ4 leak. This is likely to be so if you are on the MK6 bootloader and have previously reverted to 4.1 firmware. The zip below contains two Odin packages. If after flashing the stock package and you are on the MK6 bootloader, try flashing the tz only package first (in Odin), then the tz+param package to see if this gets your phone to boot. You may also need to boot recovery and do a factory reset.

AT&T i317 ODIN 4.3 UCUBMK6 TZ.IMG & UCUBMJ4 (Leak) PARAM.BIN (AT&T Note 2 ONLY)

Need Odin ? --> Odin 3.07

For completeness's sake I've included separate packages for the ucubmk6 modem and stock kernel & recovery.

CWM AT&T i317 UCUBMK6 Stock *Modem* Note 2
CWM AT&T i317 UCUBMK6 Stock *Kernel* Note 2
CWM AT&T i317 UCUBMK6 Stock *Recovery* Note 2

Here are links to custom recoveries specific to the I317 (AT&T Note 2):

PhilZ Advanced CWM Edition
TWRP Recovery

*** After you boot the phone, run the SuperSU app. You will be asked if you want to disable Knox. Your best course of action here is to answer yes.

• Thanks to Chainfire for SuperSu - we wouldn't have root access on 4.3 without his work (we should all be donating to him or buying his pro version)
• Thanks to designgears for the initial 4.3 leak, which gave us the 4.3 bootloader/tz allowing revert to earlier bootloaders
• Thanks to Linus Yang for the busybox build

• Thanks to dicksteele for helping test odex & odin packages

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
FAQ - Issues related to 4.1 to 4.3 upgrade/downgrade, etc

My files on my SD Card disappeared! or I'm out of space, but why?!?
When moving to 4.3 from 4.1 Android remaps the SD Card from /data/media to /data/media/0. All your files are still there, just inaccessible from your PC via USB connection, or from standard file managers. Root-capable file managers/explorers can still see the files and can provide a fix. See this thread for a permanent solution (assuming you are done with 4.1.x):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274218

(Note that if you revert to a 4.1.x rom you will need to reverse this process).

I can't restore CWM/TWRP backups made in 4.1.2 now that I'm on 4.3 (or visa versa)
I believe this may be a variation on the above issue. try moving (not copying - as you may run out of space) your cwm or twrp backup folder from it's relative location in media to media/0 or the reverse and try your restore again.

** last note on this issue - philz recovery has an option to toggle sdcard location to media/0 which can help with seeing backups, etc - not sure about twrp

When I revert from 4.3 to 4.1 Gmail won't send messages
Go into Settings/Apps and clear data and cache for Gmail

I tried to flash the MJ4 bootloaders on top of the MK6 bootloaders already on my phone and now I get a message about kies and my phone won't boot
This is how the MK6 bootloader demonstrates its hostility toward downgrade attempts... While you may be stuck in download mode, you do not need to reflash an entire firmware package to escape. The easiest way out is to succesfully flash a custom recovery Odin package. This will clear the error condition in download mode and your phone once again boot correctly. See the recovery links in the OP to find an Odin package for your preferred custom recovery.

I'm not sure what version of bootloader I am running - how do I check?
There's a simple app called "Device Info" available on the Play Store (it's the one published by JPHILLI85) which will display your bootloader version. The only permission it requests is phone status/id. Or you can open up terminal emulator and type "getprop ro.bootloader" if you don't want to install an app (assuming you have already installed Terminal Emulator).

I would like to get back to a pure stock unrooted configuration - how do I do this?
First, if you have the MK6 bootloader this is currently not possible - at least as far as what will be displayed in download mode. If you are on MJ4 or below, the simplest way to do this is to flash back to 4.1.2 using the stock UCAMA4 Odin package, cf-auto-root, run triangle away, run SuperSU to completely remove root, boot recovery and do a factory reset. After this you have the option to take the OTA and update to UCUBMK6 if desired with stock everything - but it will be a one way trip with the previously discussed "revert locked" bootloader. This is the short version, there are guides available in the general section, which offer variations on this with different files. Note that the UCALJ2 ODIN package offers an option for those with the MK6 bootloader as it does not include the bootloader or tz files (thus is does not soft brick the phone as described above). In that scenario you stay on the MK6 bootloader so you don't get a complete revert (no ability to run triangle away, but you can get back to 4.1.2 and factory reset).

Here are links to the Odin stock packages for reverting and the relevant threads:

UCUBMK6 Downgrade to UCALJ2 (general guide - Thanks @perez6991 !)
How to OTA to 4.3 MK6 from LJ2 4.1.1 (with MK6 bootloader!) - Thanks @dicksteele !
Stock UCALJ2 ODIN package for those with MK6 bootloaders
TZ and (Optional) PARAM for those with MK6 bootloader

Stock UCAMA4 ODIN package for those with MJ4 bootloaders
General instructions for those with MJ4 bootloaders (use instructions but not files) **

** A note on this last link for those with MJ4 bootloaders - the instructions are sound, but the files provided include the LJ2 package and older versions of cf-auto-root and triangle away. Use MA4 instead and locate the current versions of the other two Chainfire apps (I've provided links in the previous sentence - for cf-auto-root make sure you grab the "SAMSUNG-SGH-I317" file) **

----------------------------

How to get Screen Sharing (AllShareCast) working - http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2542509 (thanks to @joshuaburnsjr for tracking this down)

Last edited:

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
I've been trying everything on this base and it is perfect. If something does not work for you, you did something wrong. Not trying to be an ass, but I've been running it for three days now and it's solid. I have over 150 apps. (edited from 200 since I cleaned a lot of crap out I never used)

Backups of apps are great, but if you want a true cherry ROM, install your apps from scratch. I did.

Yeah, it's a pita, but it's a good time to decide what you really need. And it's done right. You don't have to wonder if your backup program hosed it up, is it a ROM issue, whatever.

Google Play keeps a good history of what you have installed so it's not that hard to find old or new apps you have loaded.

Enjoy. It was an pleasure and honor to assist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

esprit1st

May 23, 2011
Portland, OR
Just wanted to say: you saved my day! So glad I don't have to curl up in the corner of my bedroom crying because I bricked my phone ... :D
I just flashed everything and it worked just like you said!
No problems at all. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks so much for your hard work, so we can enjoy 4.3 on our devices! :good:

Just for informational purposes, my phone came from: 4.1.2 Stock TWRP (2.6.3.0) rooted

Last edited:

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
Just wanted to say: you saved my day! So glad I don't have to curl up in the corner of my bedroom crying because I bricked my phone ... :D
I just flashed everything and it worked just like you said!
No problems at all. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks so much for your hard work, so we can enjoy 4.3 on our devices! :good:

Just for informational purposes, my phone came from: 4.1.2 Stock TWRP rooted

:D Good news.

Thanks for the info about where you flashed from. What TWRP version was it?

funtimez

Nov 6, 2012
I flashed the deodexed file in twrp and rom loaded fine. Then I flashed the bootloader in odin-I made sure it was the pda slot and hit start. Rebooted phone and was stuck at first screen saying galaxy note 2. So I flased the deodexed rom again in twrp anf everything loaded fine and wifi worked but when I went to reboot it gets stuck at the first screen again. Tried flashing again but didnt work. Then I tried fix permission and it worked, bit when I went to reboot it would get stuck again. After trying a bunch or other stuff like wiping and fixing permission I was able to go back to 4.1.2 jedi that I had a backup of. All seems fine fo4 now but would still like to be on 4.3

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
Thanks not only for the ROM zen, but also thanks for clearing up the bootloader nonsense as well.

This is the first place I've seen it clearly stated for users. I've tried explaining in the past, but is been misinterpreted due to the way I've phrased things. In the future I'll just link this thread to explain.

--》Sent from my mind to your screen

Reactions: Zen Arcade
I flashed the deodexed file in twrp and rom loaded fine. Then I flashed the bootloader in odin-I made sure it was the pda slot and hit start. Rebooted phone and was stuck at first screen saying galaxy note 2. So I flased the deodexed rom again in twrp anf everything loaded fine and wifi worked but when I went to reboot it gets stuck at the first screen again. Tried flashing again but didnt work. Then I tried fix permission and it worked, bit when I went to reboot it would get stuck again. After trying a bunch or other stuff like wiping and fixing permission I was able to go back to 4.1.2 jedi that I had a backup of. All seems fine fo4 now but would still like to be on 4.3

It sounds like something is hanging around from your previous rom. Since you have a backup I'd recommend the following (note that this will wipe your phone and require a TiBu restore or Play Store app reload):

1 - Take a full backup using Titanium Backup
2 - Copy everything from your SD cards to your PC
3 - Flash the 4.3 package
4 - (You can skip the bootloader since you already flashed it, unless your twrp backup restores an older bootloader)
5 - While in recovery, do a factory reset (this will wipe everything)
6 - Boot phone, check that wifi works, and other standard functions are ok
7 - Restart phone, and confirm that the problem you saw before is gone
8 - If the problem is gone (i.e. the phone reboots successfully multiple times with no lockups), continue on...
9 - Copy the contents of your SD cards back to your phone - check to make sure everything is copied - the USB driver for the Note 2 can be a bit selective at times (also refer the the FAQ in Post #2 - confirm that sdcard information has been removed from /data/media and is in /data/media/0)
10 - In TiBu, restore ONLY user apps (you can restore app+data, but in some rare cases you might need to clear data) - do not restore any system apps. (Alternative - you can restore apps directly from the Play Store as dicksteele noted in a previous post - this may be cleaner, but you will lose any data associated with the apps - your call and ymmv).
11 - Reboot phone, and confirm everything is OK.

Hopefully this clears the issue for you. If it does not, you may need to do a full wipe between steps 2 and 3 above, clearing /data and your internal sdcard before starting the install. If so, make sure you have access to stock odin packages to reload your phone OS just in case. There are threads on this in the General section, but I'll post links to the files in post #2 as well.

Last edited:

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California

Piggybacking on Zen's reply, which TWRP are you using?

I've been using 2.6.3.0 and 2.6.3.1 and I've had issues with restores. You may want to try PhilZ Advanced CWM Edition. Zen has a link in Post #1.

I'm using the latest version 6.00.8 and it's been restoring great. You can flash it from TWRP and reboot to recovery from TWRP and Philz with come up.

EDIT: If you're going to use Philz recovery for Wipe Data/Factory Reset, choose Clean to Install a New ROM.

Last edited:

funtimez

Nov 6, 2012
Thanks for replying I figured it out by the time u guys replied. I updated to the latest version of twrp,I was on a old 1. Then I factory reset and wipe delvic and what not then did a full wipe. I then installed 4.3 Ron and didn't wipe cache and delvic but got stuck in bootloop. So I wiped again and flashed again and this time I wiped cache and delvic and everything it working just fine now including reboots. Thanks for this awesome update and the help from u guys

Waynehead69

Aug 24, 2008
Independence, MO
AT&T Galaxy Note II Android Development > [ROM][4.3][Dec-2013] AT&T I317-UCUBMK6/MJ4

Thanks for this Zen. I've been patiently waiting for someone to do this. You are the man!

PhonePhan

Feb 24, 2013
Northern USA somewhere
Thanks!

Running 4.4 to test it out, but I'm keeping this as my fail safe.
Went exploring other ROMs due to deodex 4.3 not being out at the time, but I'm glad you put in work to organize it
and offer 3 different versions of it. Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** Newer 4.4.2 version (UCUCNJ1) available HERE **

Here are a set of stock rooted Android 4.3 packages for the AT&T i317 Note 2 (firmware version UCUBMK6).

There are options flashable from custom recovery (CWM, TWRP) or, if you'd rather, via Odin. They are built from the 12/17/2013 stock OTA for the AT&T I317 in all their bloated glory.

**They do not include the MK6 bootloader or tz files **

** IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON THE MK6 BOOTLOADER (OR ABOVE) FLASHING ANY OF THESE PACKAGES WILL TRIP THE KNOX COUNTER **

These packages are intended only for the AT&T version of the Note 2 and include the modem and kernel for this phone. Flashing on any other North American Note 2 will result in a soft brick and require a re-flash of the modem/kernel specific to your phone. Flashing on any other phone will likely require a complete reflash of your phone's stock firmware to recover - do not attempt. The other standard disclaimers apply - while these packages have been tested and work on the AT&T i317, you assume all risk in flashing.

First a word on the MK6 bootloader - it has been reported that it is "locked". This is only partially true. If it were completely locked, we would be unable to flash custom recovery or kernel files from download mode - as is the case with the AT&T Note 3. What the MK6 bootloader prevents is downgrading the bootloader to any prior version. So, if we're going to call it locked, it's a "bootloader revert lock" but not a "firmware flash lock". A pain in the a$$, particularly if you want to revert your phone to 4.1.2 stock, clear the download counter with triangle away, unroot, and have your phone looking the same as it did on day one.

The main issue with the MK6 bootloader - If your phone is still covered by warranty: The MK6 bootloader implements one of the Samsung KNOX Secure Boot components: an "e-fuse" that gets set to "1" as soon as you flash something custom on your phone. Once set (so far anyway) this cannot be reset to "0". If this flag is tripped, a service center may use this to deny warranty repair coverage.

Given this, taking the OTA is not recommended for anyone thinking of flashing custom firmware at any time in the future. With that in mind, there is no MK6 bootloader or tz file in these packages. However, a 4.3 bootloader is needed in order for wifi to function. Fortunately we have a 4.3 bootloader available that permits revert to lower versions courtesy of the leaked MJ4 firmware provided by designgears. It is provided here to complete the install.

Here is what you have available:

All firmware packages include the system firmware, kernel, and modem from UCUBMK6. They are rooted with the as of Dec '13 current version of Chainfire's SuperSU. They include Linus Yang's build of busybox. They do not include recovery, bootloader or tz (you install the last two separately via Odin if needed)

All packages completely replace the contents of the system partition. If you are coming from another stock-based i317 firmware wipes should not be necessary.

**NOTE** Odin ZIP packages should be unzipped ONCE. The extracted MD5 file should be placed in the PDA slot in the Odin app. Do not change any other options. If the phone shows up on top as COMn and the MD5 checks out OK in the status window, you are good to click Start. **

AT&T UCUBMK6 i317 *Odexed* Stock CWM Note 2

AT&T UCUBMK6 i317 *Deodexed* Stock CWM Note 2

AT&T UCUBMK6 i317 *Odexed* Stock ODIN Note 2

If you *are not* running Official 4.3 (MK6) or newer bootloader:
    After flashing one of the firmware packages above flash the bootloader package below in Odin to get wifi working (sorry, no option available for CWM/TWRP). I've included the Odin executable just after if needed.
    Bootloader needs to be flashed only once. See post #2 for information on how to check what version of bootloader you have installed.

** Warning - do not attempt to flash MJ4 bootloaders if you already have the MK6 bootloaders - this will soft brick your phone - see post #2 for more **

AT&T i317 ODIN 4.3 UCUBMJ4 (Leak) Bootloader & TZ (AT&T Note 2 ONLY)

If you *are* running the Official 4.3 (MK6) bootloader:
    After flashing one of the stock packages, you may need to flash the MK6 tz.img and optionally the param.bin from the MJ4 leak. This is likely to be so if you are on the MK6 bootloader and have previously reverted to 4.1 firmware. The zip below contains two Odin packages. If after flashing the stock package and you are on the MK6 bootloader, try flashing the tz only package first (in Odin), then the tz+param package to see if this gets your phone to boot. You may also need to boot recovery and do a factory reset.

AT&T i317 ODIN 4.3 UCUBMK6 TZ.IMG & UCUBMJ4 (Leak) PARAM.BIN (AT&T Note 2 ONLY)

Need Odin ? --> Odin 3.07

For completeness's sake I've included separate packages for the ucubmk6 modem and stock kernel & recovery.

CWM AT&T i317 UCUBMK6 Stock *Modem* Note 2
    CWM AT&T i317 UCUBMK6 Stock *Kernel* Note 2
    CWM AT&T i317 UCUBMK6 Stock *Recovery* Note 2

Here are links to custom recoveries specific to the I317 (AT&T Note 2):

PhilZ Advanced CWM Edition
    TWRP Recovery

*** After you boot the phone, run the SuperSU app. You will be asked if you want to disable Knox. Your best course of action here is to answer yes.

• Thanks to Chainfire for SuperSu - we wouldn't have root access on 4.3 without his work (we should all be donating to him or buying his pro version)
    • Thanks to designgears for the initial 4.3 leak, which gave us the 4.3 bootloader/tz allowing revert to earlier bootloaders
    • Thanks to Linus Yang for the busybox build

• Thanks to dicksteele for helping test odex & odin packages

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    FAQ - Issues related to 4.1 to 4.3 upgrade/downgrade, etc

My files on my SD Card disappeared! or I'm out of space, but why?!?
    When moving to 4.3 from 4.1 Android remaps the SD Card from /data/media to /data/media/0. All your files are still there, just inaccessible from your PC via USB connection, or from standard file managers. Root-capable file managers/explorers can still see the files and can provide a fix. See this thread for a permanent solution (assuming you are done with 4.1.x):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274218

(Note that if you revert to a 4.1.x rom you will need to reverse this process).

I can't restore CWM/TWRP backups made in 4.1.2 now that I'm on 4.3 (or visa versa)
    I believe this may be a variation on the above issue. try moving (not copying - as you may run out of space) your cwm or twrp backup folder from it's relative location in media to media/0 or the reverse and try your restore again.

** last note on this issue - philz recovery has an option to toggle sdcard location to media/0 which can help with seeing backups, etc - not sure about twrp

When I revert from 4.3 to 4.1 Gmail won't send messages
    Go into Settings/Apps and clear data and cache for Gmail

I tried to flash the MJ4 bootloaders on top of the MK6 bootloaders already on my phone and now I get a message about kies and my phone won't boot
    This is how the MK6 bootloader demonstrates its hostility toward downgrade attempts... While you may be stuck in download mode, you do not need to reflash an entire firmware package to escape. The easiest way out is to succesfully flash a custom recovery Odin package. This will clear the error condition in download mode and your phone once again boot correctly. See the recovery links in the OP to find an Odin package for your preferred custom recovery.

I'm not sure what version of bootloader I am running - how do I check?
    There's a simple app called "Device Info" available on the Play Store (it's the one published by JPHILLI85) which will display your bootloader version. The only permission it requests is phone status/id. Or you can open up terminal emulator and type "getprop ro.bootloader" if you don't want to install an app (assuming you have already installed Terminal Emulator).

I would like to get back to a pure stock unrooted configuration - how do I do this?
    First, if you have the MK6 bootloader this is currently not possible - at least as far as what will be displayed in download mode. If you are on MJ4 or below, the simplest way to do this is to flash back to 4.1.2 using the stock UCAMA4 Odin package, cf-auto-root, run triangle away, run SuperSU to completely remove root, boot recovery and do a factory reset. After this you have the option to take the OTA and update to UCUBMK6 if desired with stock everything - but it will be a one way trip with the previously discussed "revert locked" bootloader. This is the short version, there are guides available in the general section, which offer variations on this with different files. Note that the UCALJ2 ODIN package offers an option for those with the MK6 bootloader as it does not include the bootloader or tz files (thus is does not soft brick the phone as described above). In that scenario you stay on the MK6 bootloader so you don't get a complete revert (no ability to run triangle away, but you can get back to 4.1.2 and factory reset).

Here are links to the Odin stock packages for reverting and the relevant threads:

UCUBMK6 Downgrade to UCALJ2 (general guide - Thanks @perez6991 !)
    How to OTA to 4.3 MK6 from LJ2 4.1.1 (with MK6 bootloader!) - Thanks @dicksteele !
    Stock UCALJ2 ODIN package for those with MK6 bootloaders
    TZ and (Optional) PARAM for those with MK6 bootloader

Stock UCAMA4 ODIN package for those with MJ4 bootloaders
    General instructions for those with MJ4 bootloaders (use instructions but not files) **

** A note on this last link for those with MJ4 bootloaders - the instructions are sound, but the files provided include the LJ2 package and older versions of cf-auto-root and triangle away. Use MA4 instead and locate the current versions of the other two Chainfire apps (I've provided links in the previous sentence - for cf-auto-root make sure you grab the "SAMSUNG-SGH-I317" file) **

----------------------------

How to get Screen Sharing (AllShareCast) working - http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2542509 (thanks to @joshuaburnsjr for tracking this down)
    Time for some Kit Kat!!! Did you get it yet @Zen Arcade ????How is it coming?

Short version: "along" ;)

Longer version: Working on Odin packages now - a pure back to stock option and a rooted/busybox option. Next will be the recovery zip packages and separate kernel/modem/recovery flashables.

Good news is that the MJ4 bootloader and tz still work with NE5 firmware and modem so there's still a revert option to clear out DL mode if anyone still wants that option.
    In other news .... :)

Technology is magic - you shouldn't let poets lie to you >>>> * <<<<

--------

:good::laugh::good: Big thanks to those who have contributed to my Android mischief fund :good::laugh::good:
    Yeah, 4.4.2 was just released for the i747 (att sgs3). It usually takes a couple weeks more for the i317 - for all the s-pen specific features and apps to be tested. Might be quicker this time around since kk is not that big of a change.

I'll be working on something similar to this one here for 4.4 once it shows up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app