AOSP Keyboard with 5 Rows (Number Row on top)

Search This thread

BlueJack22

Jun 16, 2012
As a lot of people were asking and because it was what I missed in Cyanogenmod here it finally is:

AOSP Keyboard taken from Kitkat 4.4.2 with a Number Row on top! It took me some hours to get all working. Insted of the the old number row there are new symbols, more are coming.

The keyboard works on Android 4.3 and 4.4 (both tested) and on all ROMs (AOSP, AOPK, CM, TW...)

Install instructions:
1. copy it to /system/app/ (or just tap on it and install it and go to 3.)
2. tap on it and install it or just reboot
3. go to settings and activate it
4. when using the keyboard the next time pull down the notification drawer and change the keyboard
5. Hit "thank you" button if I works and I helped!

Now v1.1:
I resized it completly. So now it's like it always had a number row :p
Download: http://d-h.st/pR7

Old:
v1.0:
Huge keyboard, needed resizing
Download: http://d-h.st/9R5

Credit: @cforlife for some ideas to do it, taken from his old mod

Do you like my work? Why not buying me a beer :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-30-13-26-38.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-30-13-26-38.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 13,296
  • Screenshot_2013-12-30-13-26-46.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-30-13-26-46.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 12,133
Last edited:

FuTChY

Jun 11, 2012
Egypt - Cairo
Not working here :confused:
--------------------------------------
Edit : working but the characters are too big, and Arabic language doesn't have the number key, also the arabic characters are bigger than the button itself ...

Last edited:

jam90

May 18, 2013
Napoli
Not working here :confused:
--------------------------------------
Edit : working but the characters are too big, and Arabic language doesn't have the number key, also the arabic characters are bigger than the button itself ...

yeah, it takes half of the screen! it's what i was looking for since months, but could you resize it? thank you anyway, and happy new year to all!

BlueJack22

Jun 16, 2012
Yes I'm going to resize it. Has anyone an idea which xml file contains the sizes? So I don't have to search long :D

sadeshmagic

Apr 3, 2012
Ragama
The font is slightly bigger than usual...but I can live with that I did try to edit the DPI using the xposed app settings..but no luck there..anyway.....great app ...thumbs up :)

benlee337

Jul 7, 2009
For some reason gesture typing just makes the keyboard disappear

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

nemolivier

Jul 11, 2010
Paris
Don't work here. I'm on slimkat 4.4.2
I tried in both AZERTY (I'm French) and QWERTY.
I've install it by flashing the apk. Activated it (deactivate, reactivate in fact), reboot, but still nothing.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

herobrine_second

Nov 17, 2012
Singapore
Before I install this thing (and maybe screw my keyboard up in the process), does auto correct work on this keyboard? It seems that the number row takes up the space for the auto correct word suggestions.

BlueJack22

Jun 16, 2012
Before I install this thing (and maybe screw my keyboard up in the process), does auto correct work on this keyboard? It seems that the number row takes up the space for the auto correct word suggestions.

Auto correction and word suggestions are both working. Nothing got replaced. You might need to activate them (as I always need to disable them, because it can't handle dialect)

Reactions: herobrine_second

herobrine_second

Nov 17, 2012
Singapore
I don't know why it doesn't work for me, copied to /system/app, rebooted, switched to it then nothing. I tried going into its settings and I crashed. Gonna try one more time.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

nemolivier

Jul 11, 2010
Paris
Same here but I one be able to see it with symbols keyboard, the number row disappeared when I switched back to letters.
se7umede.jpg

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

iStatiK

Aug 13, 2010
Shelbytown
On initial activation it worked but once I used it it made the phone really slow and then started crashing. AT&T Note 2 running SKY NOTE AIR--- Vanilla Edition F1. Once I switched to another keyboard the phone ran as normal.

Dzakus

Apr 4, 2011
Have you thought about the module to Xposed? This would allow to run mod also on google keyboard

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Jwezesa

Feb 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Works fine for me but the gesture typing only shows the trail it doesn't actually choose any words or show suggestions. Only individual key typing works fully which is a bumber

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app

BlueJack22

Jun 16, 2012
The keyboard works fine when using a qwerty or qwertz layout. The number row hasn't been integrated to the other layouts. I might add it to the french keyboard and other layouts most of you will use

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As a lot of people were asking and because it was what I missed in Cyanogenmod here it finally is:

AOSP Keyboard taken from Kitkat 4.4.2 with a Number Row on top! It took me some hours to get all working. Insted of the the old number row there are new symbols, more are coming.

The keyboard works on Android 4.3 and 4.4 (both tested) and on all ROMs (AOSP, AOPK, CM, TW...)

Install instructions:
    1. copy it to /system/app/ (or just tap on it and install it and go to 3.)
    2. tap on it and install it or just reboot
    3. go to settings and activate it
    4. when using the keyboard the next time pull down the notification drawer and change the keyboard
    5. Hit "thank you" button if I works and I helped!

Now v1.1:
    I resized it completly. So now it's like it always had a number row :p
    Download: http://d-h.st/pR7

Old:
    v1.0:
    Huge keyboard, needed resizing
    Download: http://d-h.st/9R5

Credit: @cforlife for some ideas to do it, taken from his old mod

Do you like my work? Why not buying me a beer :p

could you please update the 5 row keyboard to newest AOSP Keyboard with blue theme like in version 2.0.19133.927933a ?
    if you need the version its here...would be nice if you could make this version with 5 rows:
    http://d-h.st/ZVn

1.jpg
    Hi, Thanks for the great work.
    may i know why is the font is too big?
    can we make it smaller?:confused:

Yes we can! :D

Well I actually compiled it for Kitkat. There the font is smaller. I just had a look and saw that there were some changes. I'll give it a try later

Auto correction and word suggestions are both working. Nothing got replaced. You might need to activate them (as I always need to disable them, because it can't handle dialect)
    Swype Doesn't work for me !!