4.3 Update soft bricked my phone

Search This thread

yzbrad99

Dec 10, 2010
Completely stock, not rooted, locked bootloader running 4.1 and went for the 4.3 upgrade OTA and it downloaded the update completely fine and went through the update. But on the first initial reboot i got stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 screen when the phone first turns on. This is as far as it will go. I AM able to get into download mode by pressing home+power+ vol down. i AM NOT able to get it into recovery at any way possible. Found the stock 4.3 software and flashed it VIA odin and everything looks good. It has the downloading bar loading and it says PASSED with the green light. But still never boots past the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 logo at the beginning. Tried using the PIT file i found to repartition and still says passed with the same outcome.

It almost seems like to me that it deleted the ROM and has nothing to boot up. I've been scratching my head for 2 weeks. Any help would be much appreciated.

MunkinDrunky

Feb 25, 2012
Completely stock, not rooted, locked bootloader running 4.1 and went for the 4.3 upgrade OTA and it downloaded the update completely fine and went through the update. But on the first initial reboot i got stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 screen when the phone first turns on. This is as far as it will go. I AM able to get into download mode by pressing home+power+ vol down. i AM NOT able to get it into recovery at any way possible. Found the stock 4.3 software and flashed it VIA odin and everything looks good. It has the downloading bar loading and it says PASSED with the green light. But still never boots past the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 logo at the beginning. Tried using the PIT file i found to repartition and still says passed with the same outcome.

It almost seems like to me that it deleted the ROM and has nothing to boot up. I've been scratching my head for 2 weeks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Just to get the fact you got the stock file here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040264 and probably used this pit file from this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024207?

You used the oem usb cable that came with the phone? I mean it sounds like it worked.

yzbrad99

Dec 10, 2010
I did use that pit file but i used the stock file from a different source. Will try this new file in this new link. OEM cable and tried 2 other cables. Will report back...

yzbrad99

Dec 10, 2010
Just to get the fact you got the stock file here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2040264 and probably used this pit file from this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024207?
You used the oem usb cable that came with the phone? I mean it sounds like it worked.

Ok so after messing with this for a while with different cords and different computers I think this thing is just hard bricked. I feel like I've tried everything. I just flashed back to stock on my Note 3 on the same computer with the same cord and it worked fine. But when I try with this Note 2 i'm having no luck.

I even tried deleting all drivers and reinstalling them. I'm using ODIN 3.09 and putting the TAR file in the AP slot and the pit file in the pit spot. Even tried not using the pit file. Still same result. It recognizes the Note 2 in the ODIN screen and accepts the TAR file and loads like normal, says PASSED in green but then on reboot it sticks at the Samsung Galaxy Note II logo. It never even wants to boot the ROM. I've been messing with tons of phones since my first Android and never been so stumped! About to send this to Samsung thinking it's a hardware issue.

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
I don't know how many Odin versions there are but I've only ever used 3.07 on the note 2. Would be worth a try.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

elykatupac

Apr 11, 2009
Ok so after messing with this for a while with different cords and different computers I think this thing is just hard bricked. I feel like I've tried everything. I just flashed back to stock on my Note 3 on the same computer with the same cord and it worked fine. But when I try with this Note 2 i'm having no luck.

I even tried deleting all drivers and reinstalling them. I'm using ODIN 3.09 and putting the TAR file in the AP slot and the pit file in the pit spot. Even tried not using the pit file. Still same result. It recognizes the Note 2 in the ODIN screen and accepts the TAR file and loads like normal, says PASSED in green but then on reboot it sticks at the Samsung Galaxy Note II logo. It never even wants to boot the ROM. I've been messing with tons of phones since my first Android and never been so stumped! About to send this to Samsung thinking it's a hardware issue.

no luck with this? im currently dealing with the same issue

Goody68

Oct 28, 2013
Portland , OR
Make sure after you odin with stock and pit file you go to the stock recovery(volume up, home and power) and do a factory reset and wipe cache! I had the same thing happin and got stuck at Verizon boot and the above worked for me and i have read in other posts that is what others suggest too!
Hope this help:thumbup::eek:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

yzbrad99

Dec 10, 2010
any update on this, i have one doing the same thing

Make sure after you odin with stock and pit file you go to the stock recovery(volume up, home and power) and do a factory reset and wipe cache! I had the same thing happin and got stuck at Verizon boot and the above worked for me and i have read in other posts that is what others suggest too!
Hope this help:thumbup::eek:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

no luck with this? im currently dealing with the same issue

I don't know how many Odin versions there are but I've only ever used 3.07 on the note 2. Would be worth a try.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No luck whatsoever. Ended up trying different Versions of ODIN, different computers, all different types of drivers, USB cables, OEM cables. NOTHING.

Called Samsung repair facility in Texas and the told me it was still under warranty. Lucked out! They repaired it for free. I honestly think the Verizon 4.3 OTA messed up something on the hardware, but don't really understand how.