Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Dual Sim Thread - Note 3 n9002

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, since the old thread was plagued with paid roms, and it got archived unfortunately, I'm creating a new thread. Let's keep this healthy and clean so the information we post here wont get removed and will help more people in the long run shall we? :)

Update: May 3, 2014 - Added fix for Caller ID issue!

Update: May 1, 2014 - Added instructions to turn off Google Account Manager after setting up a Google Account

Update: April 9, 2014 - Added instructions to install super su after flashing new firmware and rooting.

Update: Feb 17, 2014 - Added instructions to turn off Google Bookmarks Sync after setting up a Google Account

Useful links:

How to Install/Flash Google Apps on Galaxy Note 3 N9002:
    http://marrkdaviid.com/2013/10/install-google-play-on-the-samsung-galaxy-note-3-n9002/#.UsRALJYYYuo

** Please note that if you are using windows 7 to root the device using cf autoroot as instructed in the link above, you will encounter an error halfway thru the flashing process. You need to run odin 1.85 as windows xp to remedy this.

** Please note that after rooting and flashing google apps thru cwm, you will still have root access but the super su app may get lost. If that happens, please install super su from the google play store and everything will be back to normal. - thanks bigstuart for pointing that out :)

To fix the gapps error we see everytime we turn on the sync shortcut from the pulldown notification bar:

After setting up your google account, go to the settings menu and turn off the google bookmarks sync app. This will fix the google services has stopped error message.

To fix the google account dropping out (having to set up your google account again) turn off the google account manager app from the settings menu. Three users have confirmed this has fixed the issue.

BigStuart was able to finally find a way to fix our caller ID issue. Here's how to get it done:

Edit /system/csc/others.xml

change
    Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>11</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>

to
    Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>-1</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>

and add the following line:

Code:
    <CscFeature_Contact_EnableDynCallerIdMatchingDigitWithAutoSim>TRUE</CscFeature_Contact_EnableDynCallerIdMatchingDigitWithAutoSim>

I added that line at the end of the file, before the closing </SamsungMobileFeature> tag.

Then reboot the phone and test caller ID

Lastly, enjoy your dual sim flagship device :)
    Rooting 4.4.2 device

Ok, i finally managed to root my n9002 device by searching Chinese forums. Please find below my step by step guide on rooting.

NB: At the moment the only CWM recovery available for n9002 kitkat is in Chinese. If you are not afraid of that, go on with my tutorial.

Download following software:
    1. Latest firmware from SAMMOBILE
    2. Odin3.09
    3. CWM 6.0.5.0 - this one is in Chinese, but most of the things are self explanatory.
    4. SuperSU 2.01 - tested with this version even though 2.02 is already available - put it on SD card of your phone
    5. GApps for KitKat - put it on SD card of your phone

Steps for getting ROOT access:
    1. Unzip zipped files, so you have either MD5 or tar files that can be consumed by Odin
    2. Run Odin 3.09 as system administrator
    3. Boot your n9002 in firmware update mode, press Down - Home - Power keys simultanously and after that press Up button to confirm booting in Download mode
    4. Add firmware file to Odin 3.09, make sure to TURN OFF Auto Reboot checkbox - if you reboot your device after this step, you will have to reupload firmware again. Trick is in uploading CWM straight after firmware update
    5. Apply CWM via Odin 3.09. For me after firmware update phone stopped responding to Odin, I had to unplug it and plug in again without rebooting it.
    6. Now reboot into Recovery Mode - by pressing Up - Home - Power buttons simultanously.
    7. You will see dialog in Chinese, prompting you if you want to root your phone. Choose second answer (longer one) with Vol Down button and press Home button to proceed
    8. Phone reboots, its rooted, you can install SuperSU from SD card (I donwloaded it directly on the phone as APK from some website)
    9. Reboot into Recovery and apply GApps update from SD card

Viola, you are ready to go.

So far KitKat proves to be pretty stable. I had no issues with Google Account drop and other issues which bothered us inn 4.3 versions. Runs pretty smoothly.
    I'll try that later when I go home. :)

edit: I just tried, still not fixed... :(

I think we have a fix for caller ID... Can someone else double check?

Edit /system/csc/others.xml

change
    Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>11</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>

to
    Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>-1</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>

and add the following line:

Code:
    <CscFeature_Contact_EnableDynCallerIdMatchingDigitWithAutoSim>TRUE</CscFeature_Contact_EnableDynCallerIdMatchingDigitWithAutoSim>

I added that line at the end of the file, before the closing </SamsungMobileFeature> tag.

Then reboot the phone and test caller ID... It's working for me.
    After checking the keypad screen, it still has the discrete button for sims 1 and 2. So the 3rd screen you posted remains the same. It's just to pop-up screen on your 2nd picture which is lost. I hope they release a fix soon.
    Wile wait for te fix... Just instal dual sim selector...
    Ok, i finally managed to root my n9002 device by searching Chinese forums. Please find below my step by step guide on rooting.

NB: At the moment the only CWM recovery available for n9002 kitkat is in Chinese. If you are not afraid of that, go on with my tutorial.

Download following software:
    1. Latest firmware from SAMMOBILE
    2. Odin3.09
    3. CWM 6.0.5.0 - this one is in Chinese, but most of the things are self explanatory.
    4. SuperSU 2.01 - tested with this version even though 2.02 is already available - put it on SD card of your phone
    5. GApps for KitKat - put it on SD card of your phone

Steps for getting ROOT access:
    1. Unzip zipped files, so you have either MD5 or tar files that can be consumed by Odin
    2. Run Odin 3.09 as system administrator
    3. Boot your n9002 in firmware update mode, press Down - Home - Power keys simultanously and after that press Up button to confirm booting in Download mode
    4. Add firmware file to Odin 3.09, make sure to TURN OFF Auto Reboot checkbox - if you reboot your device after this step, you will have to reupload firmware again. Trick is in uploading CWM straight after firmware update
    5. Apply CWM via Odin 3.09. For me after firmware update phone stopped responding to Odin, I had to unplug it and plug in again without rebooting it.
    6. Now reboot into Recovery Mode - by pressing Up - Home - Power buttons simultanously.
    7. You will see dialog in Chinese, prompting you if you want to root your phone. Choose second answer (longer one) with Vol Down button and press Home button to proceed
    8. Phone reboots, its rooted, you can install SuperSU from SD card (I donwloaded it directly on the phone as APK from some website)
    9. Reboot into Recovery and apply GApps update from SD card

Viola, you are ready to go.

So far KitKat proves to be pretty stable. I had no issues with Google Account drop and other issues which bothered us inn 4.3 versions. Runs pretty smoothly.

Hi have used this guide and all works good.
    About cwm i have used this version https://www.sendspace.com/file/tov9ka is in english:good: