Anker® 25W 5-Port USB Family-Sized Desktop Charger

Search This thread

krash183

Sep 4, 2008

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Sized-...8&qid=1388432370&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+5+port

attachment.php

I’m guessing if you’re reading this you’re like me and have a couple dozen or so gadgets from smartphones to tablet. Running a powerstrip that has 5-6 different chargers for each device is annoying and takes too much room. So finding the Anker 5 port charger was exactly what I was looking for.

SPECS

iPad 2.1 Amps - This is the highest output.
Samsung Tab 1.3 Amps - This is the second highest output.
iPad 2.1 Amps - Again the highest output.
iPhone 1 Amp - Lowest but common for most phones.
Android 1 AMP - Same as iPhone port

3.6 x 2.6 x 1.0 inch dimensions

attachment.php

It has a 5 foot power cord that plugs into the main unit. So it’s meant to be set on a desk or table for easy access to the usb ports. As you can see from the pictures its quite small and compact. The footprint is smaller than most phones so it takes little space in the work area.

attachment.php

Packaging

It’s simple and minimal which is a good thing. My unit had a fun little surprise when opened up for the holidays. Nice touch I would have to say for holidays. Also, the Packaging is recyclable for you ECO friendly people out there.

attachment.php

Build Quality

As it can clearly be seen, the unit has taken cues from Apple with its minimalistic white design. It pretty much looks like an idevice charger on steroids. It has the Anker logo on one side and the serial number on the other and that’s it. No leds or lights which is a nice thing as sometimes devices have really annoying bright LEDS. It comes in glossy white finish and is made of a durable plastic.
Feeling it in hand; it has a good solid feel to it. Nothing is flimsy or loose upon examination while having pretty decent weight to it giving it a nice touch.

attachment.php

attachment.php

One thing I would like to point out is that it slides around quite easily. There isn’t any rubber feet for anti-slipping. It’s a simple fix though as adhesive rubber feet can be had on amazon or ebay for a few bucks.

Also, it is mean to be set down horizontally. It would have been nice to be able to set it vertically like so.

****picture*****

But it’s just not stable enough to be so.

Testing/Performance

Using the following devices:
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 2013
S3
Ipad 4
Ipad 2
Sansa Clip Zip Mp3 player

Many different combinations were used of the devices above and it was able to charge them with no problems or hiccups. The charger only gets warm but never overly hot.

Conclusion

For 20 bucks this is a no brainer. Great performance to value ratio.; Especially if you have dozens of gadgets.

Note- I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest

Last edited by a moderator:

Comatose

Jan 26, 2006
Funny I was just looking at this online myself...

I was under the impression the apple ports cant charge Samsung, and vice versa due to the datalines needing grounding? Are you able to confirm?

Otherwise it would be a shame since the oem charger does 2.0A... in which case the 4 port version might be more suitable to those who have more android devices/tablets.

I have a power strip my bed to keep my phones and tablets charged. It would be nice to go to a more simplified solution like this Anker, but having the Apple specific ports is a turn-off to me. I've bought Anker batteries for a few different phones in the past, and I've always been very pleased with the products Anker sells. Guess I need to check out their 4-port charger that a member previously mentioned, and also look at the other chargers they offer

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium

krash183

Sep 4, 2008
wish they would make a quality unit that can do all 5 at 2.1

I hate having to "pick" the right outlet :)

Well first, if you have a smartphone or iphone that has their oem charger at 1 amp. you can use any port. at smart phones will only draw the max SAFE power.

Funny I was just looking at this online myself...

I was under the impression the apple ports cant charge Samsung, and vice versa due to the datalines needing grounding? Are you able to confirm?

Otherwise it would be a shame since the oem charger does 2.0A... in which case the 4 port version might be more suitable to those who have more android devices/tablets.

I can't be sure about the grounding. But i was under the impression it was due to the amp ratings. I don't know about the oem chargers though

Does it charge a almost dead battery as fast as the original charger?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

It'll charge it as fast or faster depending on what port you use

I have a power strip my bed to keep my phones and tablets charged. It would be nice to go to a more simplified solution like this Anker, but having the Apple specific ports is a turn-off to me. I've bought Anker batteries for a few different phones in the past, and I've always been very pleased with the products Anker sells. Guess I need to check out their 4-port charger that a member previously mentioned, and also look at the other chargers they offer

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium

the apple specific ports aren't really specific ports. the IPAD ports are 2.1 amps. The iphone is 1 amp. You can charge youre android device on any of those 3. Normally smartphones have a 1 amp charger but they can max out at say like 1.4 amps. So you can plug it in at a 2.1 amp port but will only draw 1.4 amps. Phones have a built in safe guard so it wonts draw too much.

nerys71

May 13, 2008
My phones all have 2amp chargers (Notes) the S3 also fully takes advantage of the 2amp charge rate of my Note Chargers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Sized-...8&qid=1388432370&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+5+port

attachment.php

I’m guessing if you’re reading this you’re like me and have a couple dozen or so gadgets from smartphones to tablet. Running a powerstrip that has 5-6 different chargers for each device is annoying and takes too much room. So finding the Anker 5 port charger was exactly what I was looking for.

SPECS

iPad 2.1 Amps - This is the highest output.
    Samsung Tab 1.3 Amps - This is the second highest output.
    iPad 2.1 Amps - Again the highest output.
    iPhone 1 Amp - Lowest but common for most phones.
    Android 1 AMP - Same as iPhone port

3.6 x 2.6 x 1.0 inch dimensions

attachment.php

It has a 5 foot power cord that plugs into the main unit. So it’s meant to be set on a desk or table for easy access to the usb ports. As you can see from the pictures its quite small and compact. The footprint is smaller than most phones so it takes little space in the work area.

attachment.php

Packaging

It’s simple and minimal which is a good thing. My unit had a fun little surprise when opened up for the holidays. Nice touch I would have to say for holidays. Also, the Packaging is recyclable for you ECO friendly people out there.

attachment.php

Build Quality

As it can clearly be seen, the unit has taken cues from Apple with its minimalistic white design. It pretty much looks like an idevice charger on steroids. It has the Anker logo on one side and the serial number on the other and that’s it. No leds or lights which is a nice thing as sometimes devices have really annoying bright LEDS. It comes in glossy white finish and is made of a durable plastic.
    Feeling it in hand; it has a good solid feel to it. Nothing is flimsy or loose upon examination while having pretty decent weight to it giving it a nice touch.

attachment.php

attachment.php

One thing I would like to point out is that it slides around quite easily. There isn’t any rubber feet for anti-slipping. It’s a simple fix though as adhesive rubber feet can be had on amazon or ebay for a few bucks.

Also, it is mean to be set down horizontally. It would have been nice to be able to set it vertically like so.

****picture*****

But it’s just not stable enough to be so.

Testing/Performance

Using the following devices:
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 2013
    S3
    Ipad 4
    Ipad 2
    Sansa Clip Zip Mp3 player

Many different combinations were used of the devices above and it was able to charge them with no problems or hiccups. The charger only gets warm but never overly hot.

Conclusion

For 20 bucks this is a no brainer. Great performance to value ratio.; Especially if you have dozens of gadgets.

Note- I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest
    wish they would make a quality unit that can do all 5 at 2.1

I hate having to "pick" the right outlet :)