Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,308 Members 49,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][3.4 Kernel] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies

Tip us?

invisiblek
Old
(Last edited by invisiblek; 10th August 2014 at 11:27 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3351

DONATE TO ME
Tablet [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][3.4 Kernel] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies

It's been requested that I create a new thread for this so as not to clog up @milaq's thread.

As some of you may have seen in flintman's Evervolv and milaq's CM threads, there has been a lot of work on the 3.4 kernel for tenderloin. Its a pretty awesome feat to have this running on our good ol tenderloin. =)

The gratitude for this kernel and build needs to be given to almost anyone but me. (Flemmard, flintman, jcsullins, Dorregaray and everyone that came before me on this device (dalingrin, green, and other's I'm sure that I'm missing)). I've had my tenderloin for quite awhile but never really done much with it until recently.

Anyway, without further ado, I present to you nightlies of CM-11.0 for tenderloin with a 3.4 kernel and -caf based HALs. Basically what this means is we'll be running the latest code from codeaurora on our msm8660 tenderloin.

THERE WILL BE BUGS! This thing is not perfect. It is still in active development.

CURRENT BUGZ (in no particular order):
- Bluetooth steals battery, but DOES work (jcsullins) - also sixaxis app doesn't work =(
- Camera is a bit derpy still, major wip, it takes pictures though (Dorregaray)
- Other stuff? Probably, yea

Destructions: PLEASE READ
1. This is a /data/media rom (relevant). What that means is you should be partitioned with a very small 'media' partition and a very large 'data' partition. The benefit of this is that your /sdcard and /data partitions share the big chunk of your usable space, just like any newer phone does these days. Use TPToolbox to achieve the new partition scheme: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2756314
2. You'll need a recovery that has both /data/media support and selinux support. Any of the following will work. Flashable via recovery.
-PhilZ Clockworkmod 6.0.4.7 (non-touch)(will backup and restore in both cwm and twrp format)
-Milaq's ClockworkMod 6.0.5.4
-Flintman's TWRP
3. Now you're ready to flash the rom. Downloads here: http://www.invisiblek.org/roms/cm-11.0/tenderloin/
4. Gapps here: http://d-h.st/users/invisiblek/?fld_id=35600#files (go ahead and use the latest kk ones)

I'd recommend wiping data when coming to this rom or going to a different one (going between milaq's and this should be fine).
These are automatically built on my personal server at home and then uploaded. There may or may not be issues during the build times so don't always expect a fresh build every day. You can follow the automated twitter account here which will spit out a tweet once the build is finished uploading.

Sources:
-Kernel
-Device Tree
-CM Sources (the rest of what's needed)

There are a couple more changes and a couple other repos that are required to build this. Add this stuff to your .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml in order to build this yourself (after syncing the cm source of course)
http://pastebin.com/jKAMWM8T
You'll also need to cherry pick this commit from jcsullins: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/54380
Feel free to fork and fix!

Again -
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to making this rom.
Flemmard, flintman, jcsullins, dalingrin, green, milaq, the entire CM team and I'm sure many others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-17-17-51.png
Views:	5675
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	2486478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-17-20-20.png
Views:	7408
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	2486479  
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to invisiblek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

googlephone
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Good new year present.

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Looking forward to when Bluetooth is working. That and the black boxes were the only thing keeping me off KitKat.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

k4ever
Old
Thanks Meter 11
invisiblek, I used your 20131226 ROM. It kept crashing and rebooting every time I played a video. Netflix would crash immediately on loading and reboot the tablet. Has this been fixed with your 20131231 build?

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I almost forgotů I also had major issues with apps not installing or disappearing after a reboot.

vinukondamahesh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i am trying to move uImage.ClockworkMod after rename the file its asking file already exit ,should we need to replace ?
i tried to keep both but it never successful...
is there any way to intall from zip file like upgrading recovery

allstar319
Old
(Last edited by allstar319; 1st January 2014 at 07:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
invisiblek, I used your 20131226 ROM. It kept crashing and rebooting every time I played a video. Netflix would crash immediately on loading and reboot the tablet. Has this been fixed with your 20131231 build?

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I almost forgot… I also had major issues with apps not installing or disappearing after a reboot.

I believe Flint said video playback was still a bit broke around that date. I remember loading that build and Diceplayer would crash upon playing a video, but it would only crash back to the home screen (not entirely crash and reboot). I think Flint said he fixed it earlier, so try 20140101 when it comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukondamahesh View Post
i am trying to move uImage.ClockworkMod after rename the file its asking file already exit ,should we need to replace ?
i tried to keep both but it never successful...
is there any way to intall from zip file like upgrading recovery
Replace it so you can use the new CWM to flash this build. I believe /boot is limited to 30mb so trying to keep both may not work.

k4ever
Old
Thanks Meter 11
allstar319, what about the disappearing apps? Has that been fixed?

allstar319
Old
(Last edited by allstar319; 1st January 2014 at 08:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
allstar319, what about the disappearing apps? Has that been fixed?

No clue. I heard of apps disappearing from the Google Home Launcher, but not getting completely removed or preventing apps from being installed. Is that the launcher you're using? Only remedy I heard from that (Milaq's CM11 thread, somewhere around page 40) was to just readd them from the app drawer.

Best advice is to wait for todays build to get uploaded and see what happens.

jerryatherton
Old
Thanks Meter 195
2. You'll need a recovery that has both /data/media support and selinux support. This clockworkmod will do the trick: http://invisiblek.org/tenderloin/ope...in-selinux.img (thanks @milaq)
Push it to /boot/uImage.ClockworkMod

Great ROM far, I loaded the recovery but i named it TWRP instead because it says TWRP in the file name. It ran as TWRP . Is the above just a typo or can I call it either one?

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Premium HD
JERRYA
Tablet: LENOVA K1 CM10.1 by KASCHEMME.
HP TOUCHPAD KK 4.4 AOSP ,EVERVOLV by FLINTMAN
HP TOUCHPAD CM 11 KK 4.4 by MILAQ or INVISIBLEK
Phone: HTC DNA MOONSHINED
HTC, M8VZW

vinukondamahesh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar319 View Post
I believe Flint said video playback was still a bit broke around that date. I remember loading that build and Diceplayer would crash upon playing a video, but it would only crash back to the home screen (not entirely crash and reboot). I think Flint said he fixed it earlier, so try 20140101 when it comes out.

Replace it so you can use the new CWM to flash this build. I believe /boot is limited to 30mb so trying to keep both may not work.

thank you its working nw