XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question regarding Xperia PLay Flex Cable

Tip us?

paulrivera03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Question regarding Xperia PLay Flex Cable

My Flex Cable just broke again and I'm planning to order the parts from China. It's only around $3 there for the OEM. However most of the descriptions say that it's a flex cable for the 4G R800i, R800x Z1i.

I was wondering if the flex cables for the non 4G and the 4G variants were just the same? Also are the suppliers from Alibaba reliable?

Thanks in advance guys! Happy New Year!

CZroe
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrivera03 View Post
My Flex Cable just broke again and I'm planning to order the parts from China. It's only around $3 there for the OEM. However most of the descriptions say that it's a flex cable for the 4G R800i, R800x Z1i.

I was wondering if the flex cables for the non 4G and the 4G variants were just the same? Also are the suppliers from Alibaba reliable?

Thanks in advance guys! Happy New Year!
Yes, they are the same. I've transferred them from an R800x to an R800at as well as ordered three replica replacements online. One replacement didn't work at all and the third I will be installing shortly. They don't seem to last long even when I barely use the gamepad!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G (R800at) Xperia PLAY (R800x) with Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth wristwatch, Parrot SK4000 motorcycle helmet Bluetooth kit, and Looxcie 2 LX2 wearable Bluetooth camera/headset.

HP TouchPad 32GB running Cyanogen Mod 9.

ĦOM3GA!
Old
Thanks Meter 2
where did you get them for $3?

CZroe
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ĦOM3GA! View Post
where did you get them for $3?
I forgot that was why I responded.

I was supposed to ask the same thing!

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G (R800at) Xperia PLAY (R800x) with Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth wristwatch, Parrot SK4000 motorcycle helmet Bluetooth kit, and Looxcie 2 LX2 wearable Bluetooth camera/headset.

paulrivera03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I see. Where did you get yours?

I'm planning to get the flex from a Chinese distributor from Alibaba.com Seems a bit shady for the price. But if it lasts at least 6mos-1yr then it's good enough since I might get at least 5.

Ended up getting a Lumia 520 as a replacement phone until I get my Xplay repaired.

CZroe
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Well, they're about $9 shipped on eBay so don't go too wild.