XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knox Free Rom list?

Tip us?

funkl3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Knox Free Rom list?

Is there any kind of ongoing list that is being kept for knox free roms? The last thing I want to do is break my knox counter, and I'm looking for a new rom, but some of them aren't that straightforward, so I'm not sure if I can use them. If there is, can someone please point me in that direction? If not maybe it would be worth starting one here.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Flashing a ROM is not going to break your Knox counter, the only way to break your Knox counter is to update your bootloader to a Knox one (4.3+) and flash a recovery, as long as you don't do that you can flash anything, and all ROMs are Knox free, firmware will contain the Knox bootloader so that's what you need to stay away from, updating from Odin, kies, and obviously otas.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tsumi
Old
Thanks Meter 14
If you already have Knox on your phone, pretty much any ROM besides the official ROM will trip the Knox counter. Even flashing the official ROM via Odin can trip the counter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsumi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

js417
Old
Thanks Meter 98
You can also use the triangle app from chainfire to reset the counter

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13091
And, reading and use of search also helps!
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe