[REF] Gear manager downloads, current version: 1.7.031004 | 2014-03-16
Please read first:
I have moved on to the HTC One M8, I don't own a galaxy phone anymore, and have sold my gear. I won't be keeping this thread updated anymore, but please refer to Brendo's thread (link below) which he appears to be maintaining. Cheers. ps, i really miss the gear, but am just sick of samsung phones for the moment. can't wait for the moto 360!
Brendo's gear manager thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2573200
Here's some versions of the Gear manager APK I have managed to collect. Hopefully the historical versions might be useful to some, and the current version useful to people wanting to run Gear manager on a non Samsung/Touchwiz phone/ROM.
Latest version, 16th March 2014
- poor watch battery life? I would stick with 1.6.132701 right now.
- this version was a bit buggy
If you have other versions feel free to send me a link and I'll host.
For those running non-TouchWiz phones, you might be able to get the Samsung Apps app working by having a look HERE
As usual with Samsung, we don't often get real changelogs, but occasionally people work it out or Samsung's PR team let it slip.
- Watch manager that comes with the Galaxy S5
?? initially I thought this would be for 1.6.111801, but I installed it and it doesn't feature these updates. So possibly this is a future changelog of an unreleased version
- Unsure, but I have gotten pretty bad watch battery life with this version. I went back to 1.6.132702 and battery mostly went back to normal.
- Improved pedometer accuracy
- Add setting menu “Motions”
- Change motion menu for wake up gesture
- When connecting to device again (example: after powering on), send notification of all unread messages
- Changed to send notification only for new message
- Fix to add popup message for BT connection without GM in setup wizard
- Implemented standalone alarm
- Add additional PIN lock
- Changed and improved notifications menu
- Implemented more notifications
- Gear shows the messages of the notification of quick panel displayed on the phone
- First official 1.6.x release.
- Optimised for KitKat phone ROMs
- Fixed GMail notification repeats
- Applies new functionality when used with ML1 firmware (eg native alarm)
XDA II > i-mate PDA2 > HTC Touch > HTC Diamond > HTC Desire > SGS2 > SGS3 > SGS3 LTE > SGN2 LTE > SGS4 LTE > HTC One M8
Running InsertCoin ROM
Are you a ROM chef? Want to make sure your APKs have the correct compression settings, the internal PNGs are optimised, and the APKs are zip aligned? Check out my script:
[SCRIPT] Repack multiple APKs with proper compression settings