XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Mega I527m or m819n for T-mobile LTE

Tip us?

richardpnl3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink [Q] Samsung Galaxy Mega I527m or m819n for T-mobile LTE

I am currently wondering which phone works best for T-mobile's LTE. The Rogers version of the mega has the 1700/2100 band in some websites specs but some say only 1900 so im not sure if that will get tmobile's hspa+ or lte. On the other hand the metropcs version i believe uses the same bands as tmobile now so idk. Which one will work best with t-mobile or are they both equally the same and will both work on tmobile's lte?

curgervending
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I own the MetroPCS galaxy mega. I'm a MetroPCS subscriber. T-Mobile bought MetroPCS and MetroPCS is using T-Mobile's 4G network. So, technically, I'm using a MetroPCS mega on T-Mobile.

That said, I live in NYC and I normally get between 25 and 30mbps download and around 15mbps upload. I've gotten as high 42mbps down and over 20mbps up.

I haven't experienced any dropped calls and I've only experience occasional drops from LTE to HSPA+ (and when on HSPA+ my data speeds are around 15mbps down and 2mbps up). I've never dropped below HSPA+ in NYC.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using xda app-developers app

bnb25
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by curgervending View Post
I own the MetroPCS galaxy mega. I'm a MetroPCS subscriber. T-Mobile bought MetroPCS and MetroPCS is using T-Mobile's 4G network. So, technically, I'm using a MetroPCS mega on T-Mobile.

That said, I live in NYC and I normally get between 25 and 30mbps download and around 15mbps upload. I've gotten as high 42mbps down and over 20mbps up.

I haven't experienced any dropped calls and I've only experience occasional drops from LTE to HSPA+ (and when on HSPA+ my data speeds are around 15mbps down and 2mbps up). I've never dropped below HSPA+ in NYC.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using xda app-developers app
What he said.

if you are looking to root and us custom roms. remember Metro's Mega doesn't have the firmware out yet.

richardpnl3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
How about the At&t version? Will that connect with LTE with T-Mobile?

Christogq
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpnl3 View Post
How about the At&t version? Will that connect with LTE with T-Mobile?
It will. That's the one I'm using. I can't fully explain it because I don't feel like it, but go with the Metro PCS one. It will be better on T-Mobile's network because Metro PCS uses T-Mobile's towers. There's a thread on here that explains it better. The AT&T on isn't bad, but the Metro one works better.
Samsung Galaxy Mega. "Good lord it's huge!" That's literally what she said.