5,595,268 Members 46,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is Anyone working on Root for new Stock Rom With Knox???

Tip us?

sholsten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default [Q] Is Anyone working on Root for new Stock Rom With Knox???

I wish to God I had not took that update.
Save gas, drive a Diesel

AT&T SM-G900A Black S5 - Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 - Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 On the shelf.

megalomanic14
Old
Thanks Meter 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholsten View Post
I wish to God I had not took that update.

I have it rooted, no problem... but it breaks wifi... and I cannot get around that no matter what I've done

Mega

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalomanic14 View Post
I have it rooted, no problem... but it breaks wifi... and I cannot get around that no matter what I've done

Mega
You should flash back or restore mj2...they are nearly identical in speed and every other featured identical...All it did was knox and e fuse....Both of which suck and you Def don't want. Hope you have a backup you can restore. If not I can send you a stock rooted backup you can restore. I9205 only

Mega
The Following User Says Thank You to megalomanic14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shazzl
Old
(Last edited by shazzl; 27th December 2013 at 01:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 82
U should try
1. Install recovery via Odin
2. Install supersu via cwm. Make sure you copy supersu at your sdcard download this http://download.chainfire.eu/372/Sup...erSU-v1.86.zip
3. Install supersu sdcard

Knox are try to block all non official system app.
The for you if you install others kernel you make sure to install the original kernel

megalomanic14
Old
Thanks Meter 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzl View Post
U should try
1. Install recovery via Odin
2. Install supersu via cwm. Make sure you copy supersu at your sdcard download this http://download.chainfire.eu/372/Sup...erSU-v1.86.zip
3. Install supersu sdcard

Knox are try to block all non official system app.
The for you if you install others kernel you make sure to install the original kernel
This is the first method I tried...then I tried compiling my own auto root...and lastly I decompiled the entire rom and picked thru it piece by piece. If you read thru the posts about the new firmware you'll see the explanation of the work I'm doing and what I've found about Knox...I've even managed to reset the Knox warranty counter back to 00, but can't get it to stock up on reboots. I appreciate the the lookout, but between the 2 firmwares bmj2 and the newest one is Knox and efuse. That's literally all, so I don't really recommend the update until we can figure out more thorough ways around these.

shazzl
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I on BMJ2 so far I have the issue is about the internal stroge.... WiFi is OK..
If you have update to the latest version after rooting flash the original recovery to get working wifi...
I read from some other thread....
From note 2 they have the wifi fix...

ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 27th December 2013 at 04:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 788
How I Root this Rom whit Knox bootloader and appl:

(Warning:
We must take care.
If we flash something like recovery, root... the Knox Warranty Void turn to 0x1. This flag at 0x1 is not reversible.)

1- First of all I have a appl superuser.apk (SuperSU v1.80) on extSdCard. For now I prefer this version.
2- Flash by Odin the i9205-cwm-recovery.tar.md5. Reboot.
3- Power off. On recovery by Power + Vol-up I flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip from Chainfire. Thanks @Chainfire . Root but not Busybox.
4- After reboot the SuperSU stop sometimes, it is installed on system/app and Knox not permit all access at system.
5- Then, whit Explorer from Rom I go at extSdCard and touch on superuser.apk and install it. This way the apk is installed on data/app. Root solved.
6- Now we can touch on icon SuperSU, this start and ask us to invalidate Knox. We must say Yes.
7- Installed Busybox 1.21.1 of Stericson from Play Store (touch on icon to instal it). Verified whit "Root Verifier". It's all, we have all root now.

For me on some Rom's on + 3 Knox devices, no problem. Wifi Work well.

See THIS and THIS.
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente
The Following User Says Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shazzl
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I have read it and my question is how can I upgrade CML1 without flashing the new bootloder, and modem and have all worked...

ValenteL
Old
Thanks Meter 788
Quote:
I have read it and my question is how can I upgrade CML1 without flashing the new bootloder, and modem and have all worked...
Wow, this must be difficult. Is Dev's work and I'm not Dev. Sorry.
Valente

shazzl
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Try read this I think it posibele
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2500823

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app

ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 27th December 2013 at 07:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 788
Quote:
That was on first leaked Rom MJ5 to N7100, not official that had 4 files. In this case if we not include BL on Odin the bootloader is not flashed. I Tried this on one N7100 and this Flash deleted all my internal Sd Card. For me No more leaked Rom's. Are whit many bugs.

But the normal Roms have only one file whit 10 to 14 modules all included and we must see what are the bootloader. Must be from 3 to 6 files. I don't know witch are. You can't use this example not usual.
Valente