My Custom Mod Misadventure

Tip us?

WilMcC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My Custom Mod Misadventure

Okay, I gave this a shot.

I used the Nexus Root Toolkit and rooting the thing went pretty well. I downloaded a Cyanogenmod rom, actually 2, and that was the start of my issues I think. I accidentally loaded the nightly instead of the stable.

I also didn't realize that adb would not boot anymore with 4.2.2 so I was stuck. I checked in the settings of the Nexus and it loaded up various roms you could use. I would select them and it would start to load, but then show the error message with the little android on his back.

I followed the tutorial "Root and Install CWM On Nexus 7 Running JB 4.2.2" in an attempt to get some control back and it went well until I was supposed to find the zip on the device. I had copied it over, separate from any folder, but I could not find it while in bootloader.

I ended up manually putting it in bootloader and using the Nexus Root Toolkit to restore the stock rom.

I liked certain things about the custom rom, but it was a pain not having the Google Apps, and I could not get the Gapps to install either.

Obviously I knew just enough to get halfway there. I am not sure when I will try this again, although I would like to learn more. I guess I better read some more tutorials on here.

edlee
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Why didn't you just flash gapps in recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
SlimKat on Jfltespr

Bogdacutu
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Well first off there isn't Android 4.2.2 for the new Nexus 7, you must have followed a tutorial for the old one.

albundy2010
Old
Thanks Meter 1848
I used the nexus 7 toolkit.... There lies your problem

You used a toolkit not knowing what you're actually doing. Or what any of the terms mean / how and what they're used for etc.

Adb doesn't boot... Um what. Fastboot couldn't flash cm11...um what 4.2.2 um what