5,597,501 Members 31,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] mfastboot for Linux ?

Tip us?
 
FlySick47
Old
#1  
FlySick47's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 17
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Krefeld
Default [Q] mfastboot for Linux ?

Hi there,

Is there mfastboot for linux (openSuse 13.1) ? If not, is it possible to port it ? Or can i just use the normal fastboot ?
 
ferossan
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySick47 View Post
Hi there,

Is there mfastboot for linux (openSuse 13.1) ? If not, is it possible to port it ? Or can i just use the normal fastboot ?
Please read and research a bit before ask.
Just download your (or any other) firmware. Firmware archives are now in .tar.gz archives which include Motorola fastboot and flashing scripts for OSX, Linux and Windows.
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferossan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
unrafa
Old
#3  
unrafa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 244
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Galicia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySick47 View Post
Hi there,

Is there mfastboot for linux (openSuse 13.1) ? If not, is it possible to port it ? Or can i just use the normal fastboot ?
im using ubuntu linux, if i want fastboot i just have to type on console "sudo apt -get install fastboot" hope it helps
The Following User Says Thank You to unrafa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ferossan
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrafa View Post
im using ubuntu linux, if i want fastboot i just have to type on console "sudo apt -get install fastboot" hope it helps
Yes, this will work mostly, but not always on Moto G. That is why there is a dedicated mfastboot (motorola fastboot).
The Following User Says Thank You to ferossan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FlySick47
Old
#5  
FlySick47's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 17
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Krefeld
Ok, thanks guys.
Now I got another question, how can i find fastboot drivers for Moto G ? I REALLY don't find any drivers for linux, are no drivers needed or are they just not available ?

Greez
 
matyhew
Old
#6  
matyhew's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 196
Posts: 256
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySick47 View Post
Ok, thanks guys.
Now I got another question, how can i find fastboot drivers for Moto G ? I REALLY don't find any drivers for linux, are no drivers needed or are they just not available ?

Greez
The drivers are built in for fastboot and ADB on Linux.

Matyhew
The Following User Says Thank You to matyhew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes