[Q] Verizon SM-N900V - Root De La Vega Failed - What did I do wrong?
So I tried to root my Verizon SM-900V using Root De La Vega, but Odin gave me a failed message and my phone was uhh.. soft bricked? I ultimately did the whole PIT thing with Odin and have got it back working, but I'd still like to get root. I was wondering where I went wrong/what I can do to try and get root? Here is a quick overview of what I did
- AP/CSC - The *#1234* dialer didn't work for me. So ultimately tried Kies, which just showed me MJE.
- ROM - Only found one ROM on SamMobile for the MJE, which was: N900VVRUBMJE_N900VVZWMJE_VZW
- URDLV.sh - Processed this file with Universal Root De La Vega 0.5.
- Odin - Ran the URDLV output through the AP input on Odin 3.09, which processed this just fine
- Flashed ROM - Used Odin to flash, and got a 'Failed' at the end of the flash! (and a non working phone
I then ran the PIT function of Odin on a new file: ALL_N900VVRUBMJE_N900VVZWMJE_2106277_REV03_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT
which got my phone back to a working state.
What did I do wrong? I'm wondering why I PIT'd with a different file than I used initially. Can I use the PIT file for a 2nd attempt at De La Vega/Odin? Was the initial failure just random and should I try with the original file again? Or can I not root my phone with this method, and should just wait?
Thanks for your time and insights!
P.S. I'm trying to stay away from Kingo for the reasons it is banned here.