[Q] XPERIA ZL blank screen with constant white LED blinking

Tip us?

jamesalfred
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Unhappy [Q] XPERIA ZL blank screen with constant white LED blinking

Hello everyone,

This is my friend's ZL. He just came to me for help. His phone suddenly went blank, and the notification LED keeps on blinking at an interval of ~7-8 sec. The phone is EXTREMELY hot now. I tried pressing the power button to no avail. Pressing power + volume up also reveals nothing. I tried to charge it for around 30 minutes, but still nothing. If else, it gets hotter....

Now my guess is that this phone is currently stuck inside the android OS itself, with the white LED blinking from his previous notifications. It just stops, froze, and I must wait until this phone ran out of battery and I'll try to charge it to see if it will revive. My other guess is it's stuck somewhere while starting up and those white LED blinking means something..... Until then, anyone else have the same problem?

Btw, this phone is pure stock. No modification done, not even root. ROM updated to the last version as of today (July 18, 2013).
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesalfred For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stinky73
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesalfred View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my friend's ZL. He just came to me for help. His phone suddenly went blank, and the notification LED keeps on blinking at an interval of ~7-8 sec. The phone is EXTREMELY hot now. I tried pressing the power button to no avail. Pressing power + volume up also reveals nothing. I tried to charge it for around 30 minutes, but still nothing. If else, it gets hotter....

Now my guess is that this phone is currently stuck inside the android OS itself, with the white LED blinking from his previous notifications. It just stops, froze, and I must wait until this phone ran out of battery and I'll try to charge it to see if it will revive. My other guess is it's stuck somewhere while starting up and those white LED blinking means something..... Until then, anyone else have the same problem?

Btw, this phone is pure stock. No modification done, not even root. ROM updated to the last version as of today (July 18, 2013).
Maybe try the reset button under the sim cover at bottom of phone..... did it go funny immediately after the update? If so, then the update must have failed...
And the brave General cried...."Follow me men....I'll be right behind you!!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stinky73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamesalfred
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky73 View Post
Maybe try the reset button under the sim cover at bottom of phone..... did it go funny immediately after the update? If so, then the update must have failed...
I.....did not even know it exists Well, the battery just drained now. I'm still recharging it. If it ever happens again (hopefully not) I'll try to press the button.... Thanks anyway.

XperiaZLuser
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default The reset button fixed it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky73 View Post
Thank you for this solution, I was having the same issue, I caled the company's call center they said it was a factory issue, that I needed to take it to the workshop. I was sad for being without my expensive new phone during the year end. But this button fixed it inmediately.

I was uploading a picture to share and it got stock, it's a pictured I downloaded where I was tagged on facebook. After resetting the phone, I tried to share the same picture and it went black again. Definetily there's something wrong with the app I'm using to share or the file. Maybe that's something I'll look for the solution in another thread. Thank you!!!:g ood::laug h:

hanh767
Old
(Last edited by hanh767; 2nd January 2014 at 04:56 AM.) Reason: I had to make a point..
Thanks Meter 1
Default HELP.. ZL Wont turn on!

Hey guys,

I am facing exactly the same problem on my xperia zl.. (Updated to 4.3 yesterday no problem whatsoever during and after update (Official release)
Since today morning the display is black no activity by pressing power button Batter was fully charged to 100%.. (No Battery Issues)
Only the white light is blinking wont turn on I tried everything.. (Volume up+power button, Pc companion, SUS is not detecting)
No vibration no sign of display coming to life only white light blinking at an interval of about 6 seconds..

Reset button on the back is also not working..
What will be the cause?

(Btw Phone is stock no rooting modding etc..)