5,599,135 Members 34,306 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dear Note 3 owners, what do you think of the battery life?

Tip us?

Rallerbabz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Dear Note 3 owners, what do you think of the battery life?

Hi guys.

I've had the Note 3 for some days now and I gotta admit, I'm having a hard time getting thru one day with heavy usage. I went from my Galaxy S II which held an entire day with moderate usage(with custom kernel+rom tho) expecting to never, ever worry about battery life no matter what but the truth is, that it is much harder to get thru a day now. I dont know if it's my phone or just a general 'issue' but I expected it to last much longer than it does.

**I've done a few test as you can see here**

---

Reinstalled, no wifi, no gps, no bluetooth, automatic brightness and went to bed(it was at 98%):

http://puu.sh/53k2n.png

---

Woke up, used it for radio(downloaded TuneIn for radio) + news(aka Reddit News) while eating, for one hour. Still no wifi, gps, bluetooth and automatic brightness on

http://puu.sh/53k1C.png

So it ate 20% battery on 1 hour with radio + Reddit News. Used the phone the whole time, screentime was 47m out of the 1 hour.

---

I just reinstalled everything, again, and did another test. Havent touched any app at all but YouTube. Wifi and GPS were on as default and didnt touch that. I opened YouTube and played a 2 hour movie with auto brightness and 50% media volume. This was the outcome

http://puu.sh/53jUQ.png

The red line shows when the video stopped. So it drained 20% battery on 2 hours.

---

What do you think of this, how is your battery life and are you satisfied with it?

I'm wondering if I should send mine in for repair, but I dont know if its my device or just pretty normal of a Note 3...

mnlmnv
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I have bad battery on mine too

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 [T-mobile]
ROM: S3Rx T-Mobile by enewman17; many thanks
MOD: Xperia Z WALKMAN/ClearAudio+/Movies/Album & BE 2 by Rizal Lovins

jm10
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Iam ecstatic about my battery life but Iam also coming off of a gnex.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jm10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danjng
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm10 View Post
Iam ecstatic about my battery life but Iam also coming off of a gnex.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
I am in the same boat. Came from a GNex and absolutely love my battery life! Whereas I'd have been dead by 8pm, I'm now only at 67%. Amazing what a 3200mah battery can do!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

windowskilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My battery lasts all day. Never a problem.

hon84
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallerbabz View Post
Hi guys.

I've had the Note 3 for some days now and I gotta admit, I'm having a hard time getting thru one day with heavy usage. I went from my Galaxy S II which held an entire day with moderate usage(with custom kernel+rom tho) expecting to never, ever worry about battery life no matter what but the truth is, that it is much harder to get thru a day now. I dont know if it's my phone or just a general 'issue' but I expected it to last much longer than it does.

**I've done a few test as you can see here**

---

Reinstalled, no wifi, no gps, no bluetooth, automatic brightness and went to bed(it was at 98%):

http://puu.sh/53k2n.png

---

Woke up, used it for radio(downloaded TuneIn for radio) + news(aka Reddit News) while eating, for one hour. Still no wifi, gps, bluetooth and automatic brightness on

http://puu.sh/53k1C.png

So it ate 20% battery on 1 hour with radio + Reddit News. Used the phone the whole time, screentime was 47m out of the 1 hour.

---

I just reinstalled everything, again, and did another test. Havent touched any app at all but YouTube. Wifi and GPS were on as default and didnt touch that. I opened YouTube and played a 2 hour movie with auto brightness and 50% media volume. This was the outcome

http://puu.sh/53jUQ.png

The red line shows when the video stopped. So it drained 20% battery on 2 hours.

---

What do you think of this, how is your battery life and are you satisfied with it?

I'm wondering if I should send mine in for repair, but I dont know if its my device or just pretty normal of a Note 3...
Hmmm your mobile signal looks bad, maybe that could be why your battery isnt lasting long.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

CorruptedSanity
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Phenomenal battery life.

My S4 would be dead in 8 hours whereas N3 has a good 40% remaining.
I'm not rooted.

I'm on 4G & have medium to heavy usage.
Samsung Note 3 LTE

Daster_x
Old
Thanks Meter 351
I have very good battery life (with auto sync, data & wifi always on, etc...).

But I did some actions: root -> Greenify all apps which do not need really background interaction.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 [SM-N900]: Dr. Ketan K5.

Samsung Galaxy S3 [GT-I9300]: Omega ROM v56,

Launcher - SF Launcher (BEST!). rarely using: Nova/Next Launcher / Aviate (beta)

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 622
Turn down the screen brightness.

If I watch a video for 3.5 hours on full brightness it eats 45%. Same parameters but with brightness at 30%, it uses only 19%.

Also, get rid of Touchwiz.

I'm quite pleased with the battery life. I unplig at 100% at 2200, get up at 0440 (ah the joys of Public transport...) and when I get home at 2015, it'll be around 40%. I religiously check the railway planner every 15 minutes, email every 30min, take notes and watch films.

That said I did buy a 15600mah powerpack. Public transport is not know for its reliability here, so I need a backup plan. Particularly with the oncoming annual apocalypse dubbed 'snow'.

Send From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Using Tapatalk
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock Unrooted.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kiahnlliya
Old
Thanks Meter 174
It's not bad so far. Though I haven't been keeping any real track of usage and battery stats so far. I'm only on my second charge, and I've been tweaking the phone to my liking and installing the X-NOTE ROM. After this initial tweaking and fiddling period I'll get a better idea about the battery life in day to day usage.

I come from a Note 2 and so far I'd say it's about the same.

I read a post by X-NOTE developer soloilmeglio where he said that the stock kernel for new firmware version MJ6 seems much more tweaked for battery life, so that sounds great. I'm on MJ3 now, waiting for his MJ6 build.

Samsung Galaxy Note III N9005
≡ ROM: X-NOTE by soloilmeglio ≡
64GB SDXC
No case. No screen protector. Danger is my middle name.