[Root Tool] Cydia Impactor! UPDATE 02/01/14

1st January 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 828

872 posts
More
Cydia Impactor

How it works?

It used the Master key exploit to drop SuperSU binary, if the master key exploit does not work it will attempt to use another Signature Bug found in Android.

What is the Master Key Exploit?

The Master Key Exploit was discovered by BlueBox Security, it can modify the contents of an application package without affecting the cryptographic signatures.

Would it work on Your Xperia?

If you are running anything below 4.4 KitKat then Yes this would work on Your Xperia!

If you have the Xposed Master Key Exploit Patch this will not work.

And On Stock KitKat it may or may not work (Not Tested)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download: http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

Enable USB Debugging, Then Run the Program and click Start and then Install SuperSU from the Play Store!

Say Thanks because your Rooted!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

Not Working on Xperia Z on Android 4.2 and Above, Firmware .244 & Above
Last edited by UltraGamerHD; 2nd January 2014 at 05:35 PM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to UltraGamerHD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Enschede
Thanks Meter: 24

75 posts
More
Sony Xperia Z with stock 4.3 - no device found.
Last edited by spacelordmf; 1st January 2014 at 07:58 PM.
1st January 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Sony Xperia Z Ultra Stock 4.3 - Signature bugs unavailable
2nd January 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #4  

32 posts
tried on Xperia Z stock 4.3
Code:
signature bugs unavailable
2nd January 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 56

150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by themonyo

tried on Xperia Z stock 4.3

Code:
signature bugs unavailable

Getting the same error. For those facing device not found error, check your phone for a dialogue to provide access to the app. Too bad this doesn't work, would have been great for the Xperia Z on Android 4.3.
2nd January 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #6  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 508

292 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereckson

Getting the same error. For those facing device not found error, check your phone for a dialogue to provide access to the app. Too bad this doesn't work, would have been great for the Xperia Z on Android 4.3.

It is because the master key exploit is patched by Sony as early as .244(4.2) firmware (if I remember correctly)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kennethso168 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #7  
Flag montreal
Thanks Meter: 6

83 posts
More
Not working on Dell Venue 7 with Intel Atom processor and Android 4.3
11th January 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #8  

54 posts
Cydia Impactor On Hanspree HSG1279 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraGamerHD

Cydia Impactor

How it works?

It used the Master key exploit to drop SuperSU binary, if the master key exploit does not work it will attempt to use another Signature Bug found in Android.

What is the Master Key Exploit?

The Master Key Exploit was discovered by BlueBox Security, it can modify the contents of an application package without affecting the cryptographic signatures.

Would it work on Your Xperia?

If you are running anything below 4.4 KitKat then Yes this would work on Your Xperia!

If you have the Xposed Master Key Exploit Patch this will not work.

And On Stock KitKat it may or may not work (Not Tested)

Download: http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

Enable USB Debugging, Then Run the Program and click Start and then Install SuperSU from the Play Store!

Say Thanks because your Rooted!
UPDATE:

Not Working on Xperia Z on Android 4.2 and Above, Firmware .244 & Above

How do you install the program. Tried to run it with the tablet connected to PC via USB. Clicked on impactor.exe, clicked start and all I get is "no device found". I am able to copy the Impactor folder to the tablet internal and external sdcard and run impactor.exe but I get no device found.
I am on Android version 4.2.2. Any ideas?
11th January 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 828

872 posts
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHLASSICH

How do you install the program. Tried to run it with the tablet connected to PC via USB. Clicked on impactor.exe, clicked start and all I get is "no device found". I am able to copy the Impactor folder to the tablet internal and external sdcard and run impactor.exe but I get no device found.

Enable USB Debugging and install drivers!

Then just hit start and Install SuperSU!
11th January 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #10  

54 posts
Cydia Impactor On Hanspree HSG1279 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHLASSICH

Thank you UltraGamerHD. Enabling USB is a given. Like I mentioned, I was able to copy to both internal and external sd cards from my PC. I think that means USB is enabled. I guess you install Impactor on the PC, plug the tablet into USB and make sure USB is enabled and then run the impacter.exe. I still get device not found error. I also tried installing SuperUser SU using an UPDATE.zip thru the recovery mode. It appeared to run just fine then heartbreak, I got "Installation Aborted". Several people have gotten root so I know it can be done. At the moment, nothing is working for me. The only thing I haven't tried is the ADB approuch. I don't know how to use it. I have JS Terminal from the app store installed. Maybe someone can give me a link to step by step input instructions for using the terminal to get root.

Side question: I installed ES File Explorer and I am able to open the system folder and see xbin and open xbin. I see busybox and sqlite3 amoung other files in the xbin folder. I do not see an su file though. I thought you could not open system without root. Do I have root and not know it? Anybody have any idea whats going on with my tablet? I am running windows 8.1 on my PC. I don't know if that is relavant or not.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cydia, impactor, key, master, root
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Sony Cross-Device Development General by ThreadRank