Can't mount or sideload a rom

Search This thread

gabezermeno

Jan 30, 2011
I just unlocked and got s-off with rumrunner and I installed twrp. When I go in to mount the phone my computer recognizes that it's there but when I click on it it says please insert a disk. And when I try to adb sideload a rom it fails saying "E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/data.... So I can't sideload or put a rom on my phone because I can't mount it. I also tried to plug in a otg cable but it won't recognize that its there.

sdamark

Sep 28, 2012
Fountain Hills, AZ.
I just unlocked and got s-off with rumrunner and I installed twrp. When I go in to mount the phone my computer recognizes that it's there but when I click on it it says please insert a disk. And when I try to adb sideload a rom it fails saying "E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/data.... So I can't sideload or put a rom on my phone because I can't mount it. I also tried to plug in a otg cable but it won't recognize that its there.

Sounds like you're using outdated adb/sdk tools. Older versions do not support adb sideload. Try updating.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com

What happens if you put the device into recovery and plug it in to the PC and then run "adb devices" ? (without doing anything in the recovery)

Just put it in recovery and connect it to the pc and run that command and see what you get.