FIX! Win 2k3 Drivers for HTC Sync and One Max!

Search This thread

AngelDeath

Greets All,

I didnt know if this was on here, or if anyone had figured it out, but I couldnt get the HTC Sync program to install drivers into Windows 2003 server, so after about 2 hours I finally figured a way to get it installed. But I ran into another issue: I couldnt get the One Max to be recognized by the HTC Sync Manager to sync the phone, after hours of trying, I finally figured it out and thought I would share my findings for anyone else that might be having a issue:

1) Getting drivers for windows 2003 server
2) Getting the HTC Sync Manager to work correctly with Windows 2003 Server (Possibly a XP issue as well)

First, attached to the bottom of this post is the drivers extracted for windows 2003 to recognize the HTC One Max.

Connect the phone to the computer, it will then ask you for the CDC serial driver, Dont choose to let it find it online, then pick the first radio button and then point to the directory of the drivers from here, and then it will prompt you for you for a ".sys" driver, again point it to this folder. It will then or should find the MTP driver and should install without your help. Then you can install the HTC Sync Manager.

Once its installed, you will find that it wont find your phone and connect to it, I waited and waited nothing. What you need to do is below:

After installing HTC Sync Manager, the driver that needs to be installed will be located in the folder attached here.

Go into Device Manager and find your device under "Imaging Devices -> Digital Still Camera", or "Imaging Device -> HTC One Max", or under "Portable Devices -> HTC One X/S".

Go to update that driver, and do a force update where you pick the driver (bottom selection), if you choose for it to find it, it wont. Choose the folder you downloaded from here and point it. XP's own MTP driver doesnt work with the One Max, but the HTC MTP driver does!

Once installed it will change locations to Portable Devices and under it, it will say HTC One Max (Driver version should be: 1.0.0.15, Date: 10/18/2013).

Then connect your phone and you should be connect almost instantly!

I can now both use HTC Sync Manager, and browse the filesystem through My Computer.

Hope this helps you guys out!

Last edited:

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
I cant believe I am the only one that this helped. I thanked it when you first posted because I knew it would come in handy at some point. Unfortunately I didnt think about it and spent a good couple of hours myself before I found it searching again. Windows xp does not like this phone straight out of the box. Thanks again!

Reactions: AngelDeath

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greets All,

I didnt know if this was on here, or if anyone had figured it out, but I couldnt get the HTC Sync program to install drivers into Windows 2003 server, so after about 2 hours I finally figured a way to get it installed. But I ran into another issue: I couldnt get the One Max to be recognized by the HTC Sync Manager to sync the phone, after hours of trying, I finally figured it out and thought I would share my findings for anyone else that might be having a issue:

1) Getting drivers for windows 2003 server
    2) Getting the HTC Sync Manager to work correctly with Windows 2003 Server (Possibly a XP issue as well)

First, attached to the bottom of this post is the drivers extracted for windows 2003 to recognize the HTC One Max.

Connect the phone to the computer, it will then ask you for the CDC serial driver, Dont choose to let it find it online, then pick the first radio button and then point to the directory of the drivers from here, and then it will prompt you for you for a ".sys" driver, again point it to this folder. It will then or should find the MTP driver and should install without your help. Then you can install the HTC Sync Manager.

Once its installed, you will find that it wont find your phone and connect to it, I waited and waited nothing. What you need to do is below:

After installing HTC Sync Manager, the driver that needs to be installed will be located in the folder attached here.

Go into Device Manager and find your device under "Imaging Devices -> Digital Still Camera", or "Imaging Device -> HTC One Max", or under "Portable Devices -> HTC One X/S".

Go to update that driver, and do a force update where you pick the driver (bottom selection), if you choose for it to find it, it wont. Choose the folder you downloaded from here and point it. XP's own MTP driver doesnt work with the One Max, but the HTC MTP driver does!

Once installed it will change locations to Portable Devices and under it, it will say HTC One Max (Driver version should be: 1.0.0.15, Date: 10/18/2013).

Then connect your phone and you should be connect almost instantly!

I can now both use HTC Sync Manager, and browse the filesystem through My Computer.

Hope this helps you guys out!
    I cant believe I am the only one that this helped. I thanked it when you first posted because I knew it would come in handy at some point. Unfortunately I didnt think about it and spent a good couple of hours myself before I found it searching again. Windows xp does not like this phone straight out of the box. Thanks again!
    504 views, and 105 downloads, its helped more then people have let on, but over the years I've learned somestimes you get replies, sometimes you get eggs. The main thing is its helped at least 105 people.
    And yet just 2 ppl wanted to click the Thanks button :/