HBOOT 2.02 can S-OFF ??

Tip us?

mariuck
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default HBOOT 2.02 can S-OFF ??

Can I S-OFF the hboot 2.02 ??
I mean this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1399331 will work for my HBOOT 2.02 ?

teadrinker
Old
(Last edited by teadrinker; 2nd January 2014 at 09:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 455
No, because zergRush won't work. You'll have to unlock your bootloader to gain any sort of root.

Edit: this guide would work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1318919

paulie-uk
Old
Thanks Meter 62
To S-OFF you first have to downgrade to an older HBOOT, which is done by gaining some form of root, running misc_version and then an older RUU. After you're S-OFF you can put on a newer (S-OFFed) HBOOT if you don't want Revolutionary's default one.

As long as you're running gingerbread (i.e. Android 2.3.x, and not ICS which is 4.0.4), you can get temproot. See my signature for more information.
ROM CM11 Andromadus alpha 5 PAC-man v23.0.0
Recovery 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1
SAGA PVT ENG S-OFF (+files) (+guide)
HBOOT-2.00.2002 (PG8810000) 0.98.2000
RADIO-3831.17.00.16_M
LCD-OS TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC12_20aaN
CID-O2___102
eMMC-samsung 2151MB 4407295sectors

readmanr
Old
Thanks Meter 148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie-uk View Post
To S-OFF you first have to downgrade to an older HBOOT, which is done by gaining some form of root, running misc_version and then an older RUU. After you're S-OFF you can put on a newer (S-OFFed) HBOOT if you don't want Revolutionary's default one.

As long as you're running gingerbread (i.e. Android 2.3.x, and not ICS which is 4.0.4), you can get temproot. See my signature for more information.
S-OFF is something I too want to do to my HTC Desire S, looking in your signature you are running 2.00.2002.
I am on a newer HBOOT the 2.02.0002.

I understand you have to downgrade first, and then S-OFF, but after S-OFF can I then flash the ICS RUU and get it back to 2.02.0002?

Will it still say Revolutionary? or go back to saying Unlocked (As I am HTC DEV Unlocked).

My main concern is that I don't like the idea of having 0.98, on there after, or having a fake number 6.98 or 7.00.2000 etc.

There seems to be a lot of people still on 2.00.X and not on the 2.02.X.

Are you S-OFF paulie-uk?
If I've helped, just press the thank you button

paulie-uk
Old
(Last edited by paulie-uk; 3rd January 2014 at 02:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by readmanr View Post
S-OFF is something I too want to do to my HTC Desire S, looking in your signature you are running 2.00.2002.
I am on a newer HBOOT the 2.02.0002.
[...]
Are you S-OFF paulie-uk?
I'm hboot S-OFF (what revolutionary can provide), not radio S-OFF (sadly the only way to do this on SAGA is with some extra equipment). I believe the 2.02.0002 hboot came in the ICS RUU, it's just got a bit tighter security, I don't think the partitions have changed since the last version (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of people still on 2.00.X and not on the 2.02.X.
I'm using an S-OFFed ENGineering hboot, where you see people on the other version (2.00.0002) it is (usually) the stock SHIP hboot.

Quote:
I understand you have to downgrade first, and then S-OFF
You will have to downgrade. Sadly this will wipe your phone.

Quote:
but after S-OFF can I then flash the ICS RUU and get it back to 2.02.0002?

Will it still say Revolutionary? or go back to saying Unlocked (As I am HTC DEV Unlocked).

My main concern is that I don't like the idea of having 0.98, on there after, or having a fake number 6.98 or 7.00.2000 etc.
After you're S-OFF, I'd suggest you try a custom ROM and not flashing the 4.0.4 RUU (it's a buggy experimental version). Flashing an official RUU is pretty much how you return to stock, so it would most likely overwrite your S-OFFed hboot with a S-ON stock one. Remember, the S-OFF on our device is done in the hboot and not the radio.

When you're S-OFFed the first hboot you will have will be Revolutionary's 6.98 one. You can change this after.

I've found that 2.00.2002 works with all of the ROMs I've tried (which have been based on gingerbread, ICS and JellyBean). The "fake number" ones are there to make flashing a S-ON hboot more difficult, meaning that an OTA update wouldn't undo it. However, it is quite obvious if you were to send your phone in for repairs (still in warranty!?!?!) which is why a few of the tech-savvy who want S-OFF put on the ENG hboots instead.

If you want to overwrite Revolutionary's hboot with a different one with a lower version number, you will need to use dd and if it goes wrong it will brick your phone. You can find the ENG hboots on cyannogenmod's wiki if you don't trust the files I provide in other posts, but I strongly suggest you read about what you're going to do until you're comfortable with it before taking action.

Remember that after changing a hboot or radio, you should always re-wipe and re-flash your phone as partitions can move and always check the md5 first.
ROM CM11 Andromadus alpha 5 PAC-man v23.0.0
Recovery 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1
SAGA PVT ENG S-OFF (+files) (+guide)
HBOOT-2.00.2002 (PG8810000) 0.98.2000
RADIO-3831.17.00.16_M
LCD-OS TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC12_20aaN
CID-O2___102
eMMC-samsung 2151MB 4407295sectors
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulie-uk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]