5,597,762 Members 36,474 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from t4n017: RR 5.0.9 + Added GPU OC + Fixed ART + More..

[Resurrection Remix] [TeamNova] [Q&A]- DISCUSSION THREAD

Tip us?
 
t4n017
Old
#1  
t4n017's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 970
Posts: 532
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: La Plata

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Resurrection Remix] [TeamNova] [Q&A]- DISCUSSION THREAD

I've created this thread so you can ask all your questions about Resurrection Remix. This way development thread will be cleaner.

I'll do my best to help you with your questions.


Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Advance
Rom: Resurrection Remix KitKat by t4n017
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t4n017 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
strangebro
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2013
on this rom i cant connect to any wafi network although it is visible on wifi menu
sorry i cant post in dev thread because my post is not enough yet
 
havesomefaith
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2013
I downloaded the latest RR version and i still get a notification that there is a new version available. It tells me I'm on 20140323.5.0.6 but there seems to be 20140323.5.0.7 available but i can't download it through the normal post.

By the way, I did a fresh installand still had android.sytem fc on startup. After reboot everything worked fine, just like in last version.

Other than that, great work! Keep it up!
 
t4n017
Old
#4  
t4n017's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 970
Posts: 532
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: La Plata

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by havesomefaith View Post
I downloaded the latest RR version and i still get a notification that there is a new version available. It tells me I'm on 20140323.5.0.6 but there seems to be 20140323.5.0.7 available but i can't download it through the normal post.

By the way, I did a fresh installand still had android.sytem fc on startup. After reboot everything worked fine, just like in last version.

Other than that, great work! Keep it up!
I'm sorry, this was a typo, thanks for reporting. I've made a temporary workaround, tell me if it worked (check if there's an update now).


Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Advance
Rom: Resurrection Remix KitKat by t4n017
 
havesomefaith
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4n017 View Post
I'm sorry, this was a typo, thanks for reporting. I've made a temporary workaround, tell me if it worked (check if there's an update now).
Yes it worked (:

For me the quick pulldown is now working correctly and the lockscreen rotation bug is also gone.

Unfortunately the system ui fc after install was still there, so if you might have a look at this one again (: Anyone else can confirm that the system ui fc is still present?

Cheers!
 
AndroidAssassin
Old
#6  
AndroidAssassin's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4n017 View Post
I've created this thread so you can ask all your questions about Resurrection Remix. This way development thread will be cleaner.

I'll do my best to help you with your questions.
Can ya make rr. For ace2x 7560m

Sent from my GT-S7560M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
t4n017
Old
(Last edited by t4n017; 25th March 2014 at 10:33 PM.)
#7  
t4n017's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 970
Posts: 532
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: La Plata

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAssassin View Post
Can ya make rr. For ace2x 7560m

Sent from my GT-S7560M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
My phone is a S Advance (janice).
I started learning how to build a ROM with Mahdi. We already have that ROM built by another TeamNova member, but that was my favourite ROM at that moment, I wanted to learn with it. As result, I won't rely on another dev for updates, I could do it by myself.

After succesfully build Mahdi I wanted to make my contribution to the community, but we already had most of the better ROMs. The only missing one was RR because it was giving lot of FC's (force closes) to another developer. I tried to build it and fortunately I fixed the FCs.
I fell in love with RR. I've tried lot of ROMs before and I was sure RR will be my daily one forever.

Then I decided to build it for codina because the devices have things in common (lot of the ROMs here from TeamNova were released first on janice). Just for you, as a gift. I didn't do it for me, I don't have that device (neither my family/friends).

But:
  1. I don't have free time to build it for every device
  2. Not having the phone make it more difficult to fix things
  3. Building it for devices which different hardware than janice will result in a new and different process.
    This depend on point 1 and 2.

I do it mostly for me, I really like RR. Obviously I decided to share it with you, but note that sharing it take much more time than simply building it for me. I have to upload, update threads, answer lot of questions.


TL;DR: No, I won't. My reason is explained above (hint: click button).


Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Advance
Rom: Resurrection Remix KitKat by t4n017
 
teddytsen
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 881
Posts: 2,892
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAssassin View Post
Can ya make rr. For ace2x 7560m

Sent from my GT-S7560M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You can ask ace 2 x devs or just try compiling/porting(for porting, you would want to use a device with close specs)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: CM11
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5
 
Danko Jones
Old
(Last edited by Danko Jones; 5th April 2014 at 02:26 PM.)
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Nov 2013
I've already asked in Q&A thread, but may it's better here:

I've just installed this Rom with LIGHT_GAPPS-RR-KK-4.4.2-20140316-ART.
I'm coming from CM 10.2 by Rox.
After installation I'm getting following message: "com.android.systemui has stopped" serveral times.

I did a full wipe and factory reset and using newest version v5.0.8 [20140402]

What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance!
 
t4n017
Old
#10  
t4n017's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 970
Posts: 532
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: La Plata

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danko Jones View Post
I've already asked in Q&A thread, but may it's better here:

I've just installed this Rom with LIGHT_GAPPS-RR-KK-4.4.2-20140316-ART.
I'm coming from CM 10.2 by Rox.
After installation I'm getting following message: "com.android.systemui has stopped" serveral times.

I did a full wipe and factory reset and using newest version v5.0.8 [20140402]

What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know what causes it, I've never had that.
But some users reported the same. They said that if you skip installation and then reboot the device it will stop happening (or it will only happen once at boot). Try and report..


Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Advance
Rom: Resurrection Remix KitKat by t4n017

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more