whatsapp with 2 numbers ?

Tip us?

the dreamer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default whatsapp with 2 numbers ?

Hello

Is it possible to add 2 numbers in whatsapp within same device ?
it is possible in iphone , what about android ?!

sashank
Old
Thanks Meter 561
It's not possible. WhatsApp only works with the current phone number. It's clearly mentioned in the WhatsApp FAQ that it only works with one number on one device. So how can it work with two numbers on the iPhone? I'm afraid your information is wrong.

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/21009863

If you really want to use WhatsApp with both your numbers, download BlueStacks app player to your computer, install WhatsApp in it, and assign your secondary phone number to it. So this way you can have WhatsApp on your phone assigned to the primary number, and on the computer with the secondary number. BlueStacks is an Android app emulator.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sashank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the dreamer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
thanks for the replay

actually you can do it by iPhone jailbroken of course so that i wonder if any body try it on android which is easier & open system than IOS

Mitsuya Cider
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashank View Post
It's not possible. WhatsApp only works with the current phone number. It's clearly mentioned in the WhatsApp FAQ that it only works with one number on one device. So how can it work with two numbers on the iPhone? I'm afraid your information is wrong.

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/21009863

If you really want to use WhatsApp with both your numbers, download BlueStacks app player to your computer, install WhatsApp in it, and assign your secondary phone number to it. So this way you can have WhatsApp on your phone assigned to the primary number, and on the computer with the secondary number. BlueStacks is an Android app emulator.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
I'm afraid YOU are all wrong. It is fully possible on an iPhone even on the iPhone 5.
With a jailbroken phone you just take the original .ipa file and change the bundle identifier name to Whatapp2 in the info.plist file.
It works properly and notifications are pushed according to which ever whatsapp application is assigned to what number.
SONY: Xperia Z
APPLE: iPhone 5, iPhone 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsuya Cider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badshah.mb
Old
(Last edited by badshah.mb; 18th March 2013 at 06:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
I would also like to have this feature since i have dual sim. One for work and one for personal contacts.
The Following User Says Thank You to badshah.mb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Moonguy75
Old
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: whatsapp with 2 numbers ?

NO.

PM me if u need help

Sent from MOON......
"NEVER CALL YOURSELF NOOB BE A NEWBIE"

PM me if you need help...

The Following User Says Thank You to Moonguy75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkguy2008
Old
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonguy75 View Post
NO.

PM me if u need help

Sent from MOON......
I would love to have access to the info you're asking to get PMd about. I mean, if we all got this greedy and gave solutions though PM this forum would be kinda useless.

So in iPhone it works if you change the bundle name, so I assume it also works if you change the app name or something in the AndroidManifest.xml file?
Current devices:
ZTE Grand X V970M ["Mimosa X"]
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:
HTC Magic 32A (stolen) - FroyoDragon ROM developer
Motorola Defy+ MB525 (sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to darkguy2008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Moonguy75
Old
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME

PM is a boon service given by xda
Which op and others can use properly at proper time

THIS NO MORE THREADS WILL GET SPAMMED AND ALSO IT WILL BE EASY FOR THE VIEWERS TO DIRECTLY GET ON POINT.

PM me if u need help

Sent from MOON......

PM me if you need help...

The Following User Says Thank You to Moonguy75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sashank
Old
Thanks Meter 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuya Cider View Post
I'm afraid YOU are all wrong. It is fully possible on an iPhone even on the iPhone 5.
With a jailbroken phone you just take the original .ipa file and change the bundle identifier name to Whatapp2 in the info.plist file.
It works properly and notifications are pushed according to which ever whatsapp application is assigned to what number.
Ok, didn't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguy2008 View Post
I would love to have access to the info you're asking to get PMd about. I mean, if we all got this greedy and gave solutions though PM this forum would be kinda useless.

So in iPhone it works if you change the bundle name, so I assume it also works if you change the app name or something in the AndroidManifest.xml file?
That just seems to be his signature lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to sashank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the dreamer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Google it so you will see that it can be at iPhone so why not on android