XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery discharges on usb

Tip us?

chuckenheimer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Battery discharges on usb

My battery was fully charged on USB and after reboot discharged to 70%. On Hellfire 2.8 stable 4.4.2 KitKat with KT kernel with beta tweaks default fast charge. Chinese 2100Mah replacement. What gives? Anybody?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

csmasn
Old
Thanks Meter 211

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckenheimer View Post
My battery was fully charged on USB and after reboot discharged to 70%. On Hellfire 2.8 stable 4.4.2 KitKat with KT kernel with beta tweaks default fast charge. Chinese 2100Mah replacement. What gives? Anybody?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You answered your question. Chinese Battery...

Sent from my SPH-L710
Device:Sprint Galaxy S3
ROM: M.O.A.R. 9.0.0
Kernel: dkp 02/25
Mods: moar than needed
Completely disabled: power button.
The Following User Says Thank You to csmasn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chuckenheimer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmasn View Post

Sent from my SPH-L710
What are the suggestions for extended capacity for the GS3? And, that's what I figured after finding out about Chinese batteries.

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6204
If you are looking for an Extended capacity Battery. I would suggest a ZERO Lemon 7000mAh Battery. It may seem a bit large, but it is well worth the added bulk. I also saw that Anker is now making a 7200mAh Battery. I would also recommend staying away from the cheaper ( read cheaper quality ) Batteries .
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chuckenheimer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmasn View Post

Sent from my SPH-L710
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
If you are looking for an Extended capacity Battery. I would suggest a ZERO Lemon 7000mAh Battery. It may seem a bit large, but it is well worth the added bulk. I also saw that Anker is now making a 7200mAh Battery. I would also recommend staying away from the cheaper ( read cheaper quality ) Batteries .
10-4 on that. I'm learning my lesson. Thanks for the post.

Whiplashh
Old
Thanks Meter 1391
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckenheimer View Post
10-4 on that. I'm learning my lesson. Thanks for the post.
Just to add, zerolemon also has slim battery's as big as stock but a little more capacity. No NFC, but two for 25$

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.
-
Need Help? Private Message me! Don't forget to hit that thanks button if I helped!
-
Devices: Evo Shift 4G (Dead) - Evo 4g (OG) - Sprint LG Optimus S - Sprint Galaxy S3 - Sprint Optimus G (LGOG) - Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: All running Stock or some form of Cyanogenmod. (CM7, 10, or 11). Except the Galaxy S3, it has some Wicked Sensations.
Current Devices: Sprint Optimus G, Google Nexus 7

chuckenheimer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Just opted for the Big Daddy and gonna give it a whirl. Saw some YouTube vids with 2 days longevity. Better than my two giving out in less than 1 day. Don't want to be changing batteries that often, especially when I cannot get even one full day on them. Thanks for the pointers!