5,600,919 Members 41,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to change TW system font color (help please)

Tip us?

nyfl2004
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
Default How to change TW system font color (help please)

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, so please let me know if I'm in the wrong place. I've been searching for days and days for a definitive method of changing the system font color in TW. I've tried al the guides out there, but none seem to positively identify which lines to edit. I have modded my framework background color to white. I'm trying to achieve more of an S4 white theme, therefore I need to change the font from gray/white to black. I'm running rooted MD4 deodexed with MD4 optimized kernel. I've attached a screenshot so that you can see which font I'm talking about. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-07-09-36-25.png
Views:	2001
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	2377360  

bigpappags3
Old
Thanks Meter 2665
do you know how to decompile/compile? If so you will have to decompile your system apps one by one and start working on changing all the lines that state "text". Its a bit more difficult than just calling out some lines for you to go in change because some system apps draw from each other. I believe the ones you have circled are in framework-res.apk. Its alot of hit and miss...its really perfect if your a flashaholic because you flash a lot trying to get what your looking for.

I know this really isnt what you're looking for but its really the way it is. It can be a real pain but really fun once you learn how to do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigpappags3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nyfl2004
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
Default How to change TW system font color (help please)

Thanks for your response. Yes I do. I've been decompiling and recompiling my framework-res for days now. Each time editing different lines as your suggesting. It's been very frustrating trying to find the right one. I will say one thing though, I can now decompile, edit, recompile and push and apk faster than I ever thought. I guess I'll keep trying until I figure it out. I love a good fight. Thanks again for your help!
The Following User Says Thank You to nyfl2004 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigpappags3
Old
Thanks Meter 2665
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfl2004 View Post
Thanks for your response. Yes I do. I've been decompiling and recompiling my framework-res for days now. Each time editing different lines as your suggesting. It's been very frustrating trying to find the right one. I will say one thing though, I can now decompile, edit, recompile and push and apk faster than I ever thought. I guess I'll keep trying until I figure it out. I love a good fight. Thanks again for your help!
No problem man...I wish I could just tell u the exact lines...Most are in res/values/colors. I wish it was all just one line to edit...lol. I'm working on contacts now and man its ruff trying to get it the way you want it! I can tell you a good app to look for is called color edit...it will show you the color of the hex in ur values/colors file. Makes life way more easier.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigpappags3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nyfl2004
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
Very good idea. I never thought of actually having an app for identifying colors. I've been Googling each one as I go. Well, I'll let you know when I find the culprit.

dazednconfused
Old
Recognized Themer / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18736

DONATE TO ME
For you primary and secondary text colors, try looking in framework in the res/colors folder. Should be labeled something like tw_primary_text_dark.xml and tw_secondary_text_dark.xml. Not sure if that's the exact names without looking, but it pretty close. You can also change a lot of your button text, spinner text in the same folder, just look at the different xmls. The text you have highlighted should be the first one I mentioned up above. Tw_primary_text_dark. Hope that helps you out some.

There are still other colors you may want to edit the res/values/colors and res/values/styles but the main text your looking for is in res/colors.
Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dazednconfused For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nyfl2004
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
Hi Dazed. You're the man. I see 2 files, 1 is "primary_text_dark" and the other is "tw_primary_text_holo_dark". To be clear, I think I'm supposed to open the XML and edit within. In the one marked "tw_primary_text_holo_dark", I see the last line reads: <item android:color="#ffd7d7d7" />. That color code points to light gray. Should I change that to #ff000000 for black?

nyfl2004
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 262
Mission accomplished. You were right on Dazed. I went into framework-res/res/colors, navigated to "tw_primary_text_holo_dark, opened the XML for editing, the last line read: <item android:color="#ffd7d7d7" />. I simply changed the color to #ff000000 and voilá, I appreciate your help. I should have posted her e alot sooner! Big thanks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nyfl2004 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dazednconfused
Old
Recognized Themer / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18736

DONATE TO ME
Glad you found it. Feel free to ask all the questions you need man, somebody definitely help you out. If you don't find answers also feel free to send me a message and I'll try my best to help along the way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dazednconfused For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigpappags3
Old
Thanks Meter 2665
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused View Post
Glad you found it. Feel free to ask all the questions you need man, somebody definitely help you out. If you don't find answers also feel free to send me a message and I'll try my best to help along the way.

Dazed you are the man... @nyfl2004 glad there was a grand Master to step in and point you in the right direction!:beer:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app