5,593,401 Members 36,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Moto G unable to vibrate.

Tip us?

reyarp85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] My Moto G unable to vibrate.

Hi all, My Moto G unable to vibrate even activate vibration in the phone. I'm not sure is it a hardware problem.

Is there anyway to test it?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyarp85 View Post
Hi all, My Moto G unable to vibrate even activate vibration in the phone. I'm not sure is it a hardware problem.

Is there anyway to test it?
Go to /settings/sound/vibrate on touch (at the bottom) and check that and try it out.

USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
New(er) to Android: READ THE FIRST 6 THREADS IN THE GENEARAL THREAD WELL BEFORE YOU START DOING STUFF LIKE ((UN)LOCKING, ROOTING, FLASHING, ADB, RECOVERY`S)
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reyarp85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If that easy i wouldn't post it at this forum. Any other suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Go to /settings/sound/vibrate on touch (at the bottom) and check that and try it out.

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 4th January 2014 at 10:37 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2530
Well if that does not work its probably a hardware issue, its that easy ☺ Have you tried a data factory reset?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
New(er) to Android: READ THE FIRST 6 THREADS IN THE GENEARAL THREAD WELL BEFORE YOU START DOING STUFF LIKE ((UN)LOCKING, ROOTING, FLASHING, ADB, RECOVERY`S)

scott_doyland
Old
(Last edited by scott_doyland; 4th January 2014 at 02:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 129
Go to settings - language and input, then click on the settings icon next to the android keyboard option. Check/tick 'vibrate on key press'.

Now type on keyboard, it should vibrate as you type.

The first suggestion you received will make phone vibrate when any soft key is pressed.

So yes , is that easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to scott_doyland For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cooptx
Old
Thanks Meter 410

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyarp85 View Post
If that easy i wouldn't post it at this forum. Any other suggestion?
You ask for help. And we give it to you. Why would you then criticize the correct information you received? It just makes us not want to help. If your phone doesn't vibrate, it is a hardware issue and talk to Motorola or whoever you got you phone from for a replacement.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
Moto G Root Method

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney