[Q] WD MyBook Live APP for Windows RT

Tip us?

Bassplayingmonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] WD MyBook Live APP for Windows RT

Hi Guys,

I have been a long reader of the forum, but never actually posted, so here is my first! (Apologies if it's in the wrong section, I have done a search and as its my first post, I'm restricted as to where I can post)

Recently I purchased a Western Digital MyBook Live (3TB) and have it synced to my Windows Phone (7.8) the other half's Galaxy Note (running Jelly Bean) and her iPad 2, via our router - Great!

I have the 32GB Surface RT and there doesn't appear to be a WD app other than WD2GO which only lets you connect to the MyBook when connected to the home network. It actually states this is a limitation in the release notes.

Has anyone come across a way of accessing the content on the MyBook from an external network, without being connected to my home network? So if I'm round a family members home, at work etc...

Many thanks!

Bassmonkey

Bassplayingmonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry, but bumped.

D@vide
Old
(Last edited by D@vide; 2nd January 2014 at 06:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Post If anyone can...

I've the same problem, if anyone figure out how to access the unit from a remote connection please, share here the workaround...
In any case this limitation on surface rt is because the unit doesn't support java, and the w2go from WD run on Java . I think this iusse could be bypassed using ftp access, by till how I'm not able to setting Up a connection cause my isp (Fastweb) has limitations using public IP

D@vide

Edit: in the link below you can find a way to bypass the RT limitations using it like a pro. Unfortunatly I'm not familiar with Windows Azure and can't try this solution. If you or someone has success using this solution, please, share it.

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/h...windows-azure/
Nokia Lumia 820 with 64GB MicroSD - HTC Mozart unlocked & Mango Updated...still unlocked - HTC TouchPro2 Energy on board - HTC P3600 (no more TIM branded) with 8Gb Sandisk micro-sd and adapter * 1Gb Kingmax minisd * cooked & recooked rom on board * - I-mate K-JAM with 512 MB Sandisk Minisd - qtek2020-qtek9090-hp4150-hp1940 and many other sd - Asus Vivo Tab RT - iPad 2 & 4 generation 64 GB - iPhone 4S 64GB - Samsung Galaxy S - Samsung Galaxy Next
Now playing with WD My book Live NAS 2 Tbyte