[Q] Package File Signature Error help
Hello my name is Sean and I have recently rooted my phone (captivate glide) and installed a custom ROM. Whenever I try to update apps like the AT&T Code Scanner, Qik Video Lite, Andoid Keyboard, or even Google Play itself I receive this error message:
"Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."
Also when I run certain apps like Spot Hero or Clash of Clans I get the following message:
"Google Play services, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device. Please contact the manufacturer for assistance."
I have searched the forums and found a few instances with similar problems, but the issue was either never resolved or didn't match the problem I was experiencing. I've Googled the problem and a few folks suggested using Titanium Back Up to uninstall the app in question and then re-install, but I have read some users say that they are then unable to re-install the app. I don't want to lose any functionality, so I haven't tried that.
Here is a step-by-step of what I did to my phone:
1) Shutdown my phone and rebooted into download mode with Odin 3.04 running
2) Flash CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY 184.108.40.206 (found here
3) Reboot in download mode
4) Flash stock ICS ROM (found here
5) Flash Superuser 3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip (following the instructions found here
5) Flash GApps.zip for 4.0.4 (found here
6) Reboot and the phone says it's upgrading Android and optimizing applications
7) Once the phone is booted up and the SD card is done scanning I run into the problem described above
Has anyone encountered this problem before? If so, please share your insights.
Thanks for reading and if you have any suggestions I would welcome the help.