[SOLUTION] [I927] GPS fix in Poland
i try many solutions to fix GPS in my I927 (orginal AT&T ICS rom): first GPS Doctor from Google Play
store (no results
), then i root my phone
i try change gps.conf in etc folder. I try many gps.conf configuration - still no effect
(GPS fix 4-5 minutes). Finally i got idea... My Wife hat Samsung Galaxy S Advance from polish distribution with polish clear JB ROM (updated by Samsung kies). I try copy with my Wife's phone files AGPS_CA.pam, GPS.conf and SIRFGPS.conf to my phone....
and it worked
Now i catch GPS fix in 7 sec.
SOLUTION STEP BY STEP:
1.You need rotted I927 phone (soluition in this thread
2. copy from my PC files AGPS_CA.PAM, GPS.CONF and SIRFGPS.CONF (files below) via Bluetooth to my Phone
3. i copy with Root Browser from Google Play
(may be any Root Explorer) files AGPS_CA.PAM, GPS.CONF and SIRFGPS.CONF system/etc folder (overwrite -> yes)
4. i turn on GPS Doctor (I bought this earlier) click "Manual Fix Option", then "advanced operation" and i cleaned all the items one by one (Clear Almanac Data, clear Ephemeris Data ....)
5. I turn off my phone (no reset - turn off) and go outside my house to place in which there is an unobstructed view of the sky
6. I turn on my phone and run GPS Checker from Google Play
(i downloada this earlier) and wait for FIX (this take 149 sec.)
7. tur off and turn on GPS Checker and now i catch Fix in 7 sec.
i turn on Google Navigation and i catch fix
also in a few seconds.
I think that SIRFGPS.CONF is very important for the proper functioning of the GPS.In my opinion GPS.CONF does not play a big role here (as You see in my files ntp server is still set to north america)
I hope you GPS work now properly.
P.S. Sorry for my english