XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my process correct?

Tip us?

losnok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Is my process correct?

It's been quite a while since I've last installed custom roms and now that I have the G2 I just want to make sure the process I have in my head is correct in order to run [ROM] Verizon Stock Rooted OTA Debloated VS98012B [12/26/13]

Stock rom > Root > install latest TWRP/CWM > wipe cache / dalvik > flash rom = much success?

If i'm flashing the 12B rom on top of the stock 11A - is there anything beside the rom I have to flash? Modem? Gapps?

sharkares
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default that will work

Quote:
Originally Posted by losnok View Post
It's been quite a while since I've last installed custom roms and now that I have the G2 I just want to make sure the process I have in my head is correct in order to run [ROM] Verizon Stock Rooted OTA Debloated VS98012B [12/26/13]

Stock rom > Root > install latest TWRP/CWM > wipe cache / dalvik > flash rom = much success?

If i'm flashing the 12B rom on top of the stock 11A - is there anything beside the rom I have to flash? Modem? Gapps?
looks like thats all you need to do
good luck

losnok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkares View Post
looks like thats all you need to do
good luck
No offense to you at all sharkares but hopefully someone else could also confirm. Not saying that your post count at 2 makes you untrustworthy but I've been burned by a similar situation in the past. Can anyone else confirm?

sharkares
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default :)

Quote:
No offense to you at all sharkares but hopefully someone else could also confirm. Not saying that your post count at 2 makes you untrustworthy but I've been burned by a similar situation in the past. Can anyone else confirm?

its alright
im a newbew to this forum.

i just upgrade my G2 F320S from 10k to 20a to make myself sure.

10k rooted -> flashed CWM 6.0.3.x -> added F320S rom file(zip) and supersu.zip to /sdcard/ -> boot with recovery -> flash rom -> wipe cache -> flash supersu.zip -> reboot and tada!

once again, good luck

losnok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkares View Post
its alright
im a newbew to this forum.

i just upgrade my G2 F320S from 10k to 20a to make myself sure.

10k rooted -> flashed CWM 6.0.3.x -> added F320S rom file(zip) and supersu.zip to /sdcard/ -> boot with recovery -> flash rom -> wipe cache -> flash supersu.zip -> reboot and tada!

once again, good luck
Actually that reply helps. Thanks :P

tbishop91
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Sounds like thats all you need how did you flash your rom with out a custom recovery? You can also do this method link to follow

losnok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well... hmph. I totally blew it and accidentally updated to 12B before rooting. Wasn't paying attention to prompts. I'm pretty sure I saw a method for rooting from 12B, now I have to try and find that method again.

tbishop91
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Possible downgrade ill try to find a link and post it for you up here

losnok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Well... hmph. I totally blew it and accidentally updated to 12B before rooting. Wasn't paying attention to prompts. I'm pretty sure I saw a method for rooting from 12B, now I have to try and find that method again.
Oh and I tried factory reset which I thought would revert me from 12B to 11A (which would be factory but I guess the OTA stays applied?)

Is there a was of reverting back to 12B to 11A while non rooted and no custom recovery installed?

tbishop91
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you follow this it should work pages 84 should have how to root the 12b

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448887 sorry forgot to paste link