5,606,588 Members 34,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] kitkat 4.4.2 Phone stuck at boot animation. device unauthorized in adb

Tip us?

avinash_kk
Old
(Last edited by avinash_kk; 2nd January 2014 at 05:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] kitkat 4.4.2 Phone stuck at boot animation. device unauthorized in adb

Hi

I installed kitkat 4.4.2 omnirom on my GS2 i777. I guess the 4.4 gapps full stock package which I installed screwe up my phone. It booted once but there was no launcher/homescreen, I could get into settings via the notification panel. Then I restarted and its stuck at the boot screen overnight. The recovery button combinations don't work. Download mode doesn't work. When I tried to reboot via adb it says device unauthorized. There's no way I can authorize it on my phone since its stuck at the boot animation. Any suggestions or work around is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Update: USB Jig did the job. its up and running now.

cyril279
Old
Thanks Meter 646
From Omni OP notes:
Quote:
GApps: The size of full (system installed) Gapps packages prevent the use or ART runtime. Mini Gapps + google play installation of desired addons is a more efficient approach considering the resources available.
@avinash_kk, the fact that the device boots is a good sign.

Please verify that you are:

-attempting the recovery keystroke (vol+ & vol- & power) with the USB cable UNPLUGGED.
-holding the keystroke through two cycles of the initial SAMSUNG or GALAXY SII logo.

Once you are in recovery, you will need to:
-wipe cache & dalvik cache & /data & /system,
-install Omni, GApps (PA mini) & superSU
-reboot system
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avinash_kk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril279 View Post
From Omni OP notes:
@avinash_kk, the fact that the device boots is a good sign.

Please verify that you are:

-attempting the recovery keystroke (vol+ & vol- & power) with the USB cable UNPLUGGED.
-holding the keystroke through two cycles of the initial SAMSUNG or GALAXY SII logo.

Once you are in recovery, you will need to:
-wipe cache & dalvik cache & /data & /system,
-install Omni, GApps (PA mini) & superSU
-reboot system
Thank you for the reply cryil279. But the recovery keystroke doesn't work. that is the reason I'm trying to reboot recovery via adb. but since its 4.2.2+ it needs a RSA key authorization and I'm stuck at the boot screen. so I can't accept the authorization on the phone. I was hoping if theres a work around for the RSA key authorization. Thanks

cyril279
Old
Thanks Meter 646
Did you flash omni using the instructions provided in the OP of the thread? Or did you use a different method?

If you're getting past the bootloader image to the boot animation, then the bootloader is intact. Are you saying that you cannot get to download mode either?
The Following User Says Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avinash_kk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Did you flash omni using the instructions provided in the OP of the thread? Or did you use a different method?

If you're getting past the bootloader image to the boot animation, then the bootloader is intact. Are you saying that you cannot get to download mode either?
Yes I followed all the instructions in the OP of that thread. I updated recovery. and yes I cannot get into download mode.

cyril279
Old
Thanks Meter 646
When you stay "stuck at the boot screen" I assume you mean the initial samsung/galaxy sII logo. Whether this is an indication that the bootloader has completed or not, I cannot say for sure.

In short, if all three download-mode keystroke methods aren't working for you, then I am at the end of my ability to help. I am not ADB savvy, so I cannot help you there, and hope that one of our peers can step in and help further.

-Cyril

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_kk View Post
Yes I followed all the instructions in the OP of that thread. I updated recovery. and yes I cannot get into download mode.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avinash_kk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
When you stay "stuck at the boot screen" I assume you mean the initial samsung/galaxy sII logo. Whether this is an indication that the bootloader has completed or not, I cannot say for sure.

In short, if all three download-mode keystroke methods aren't working for you, then I am at the end of my ability to help. I am not ADB savvy, so I cannot help you there, and hope that one of our peers can step in and help further.

-Cyril
Thank you. it passes the initial Samsung logo and is stuck at the Omni Boot Animation. so I think the bootloader is fine. I'm now looking for a way to Authorize my device to respond to ADB commands to reboot to recovery. before 4.2.2 it didn't ask for the Authorization. I believe that's the only way I can recover my phone now.

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2668

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_kk View Post
... and yes I cannot get into download mode.
What methods have you tried? There are several possibilities.

This is puzzling since it freezes on the Omni logo after completing the Galaxy SII boot sequence. I can understand why you would not get into recovery with the three button sequence, but you should be able to get into download mode.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phalanx7621
Old
Thanks Meter 2045
I know speaking from my experience with Omni, one of the downloads I flashed did kind of the same thing. I couldn't get into download mode at all. The key combination just wouldn't work. I ended up having to adb into download mode, but luckily could do so as I had already enabled adb debugging before the problem began.

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Atrix[retired]
The Following User Says Thank You to Phalanx7621 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyril279
Old
Thanks Meter 646
It's troubling to know that with the bootloader intact, the keystroke fails. So in theory, if you hadn't enabled debugging, and therefore hadn't been able to send the command via ADB, you'd have been bricked?

I also can't help but wonder whether all of the keystroke sequences do exactly the same thing. -if ADB can send a successful command, then perhaps one of the sequences might work where another does not?

a) phone off, vol- then plug-in USB

b) vol + & vol - & power while USB is already plugged in

c) vol + & vol - then plug USB cable in

d) battery out(a)

e) battery out(c)

Clearly, I'm not in a hurry to test any of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
I know speaking from my experience with Omni, one of the downloads I flashed did kind of the same thing. I couldn't get into download mode at all. The key combination just wouldn't work. I ended up having to adb into download mode, but luckily could do so as I had already enabled adb debugging before the problem began.

The Following User Says Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]