5,604,730 Members 32,826 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[fix][purple tint]temporary fix for purole tint in htc one camera

Tip us?

arcs_porwal
Old
(Last edited by arcs_porwal; 3rd January 2014 at 03:40 AM.) Reason: Attachments Added
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Angry [fix][purple tint]temporary fix for purole tint in htc one camera

Hey Guys! We have loved our HTC One like anything, but after a few months most of us our suffering from the Purple/red tint issue, which is indeed really dissapointing and frustrating...

I had got my HTC One back in March and loved it's low light imaging (I take alot of photos really alot) but start noticing a purple tint within 2-3 months which only kept on increasing....

I read plenty of articles over the net and came to the conclusion that it's the phones heat which caused damage to the sensor over the time... (Maybe I'm wrong)

For e.g after a hard core gaming the purple tint is all over the camera and after a stay in a cold place(when u feel the backplate is a bit cold) the tint is minimal...

So here's my temporarily fix!

This could be funny and stupid what I did! :P

I took my phone and kept in a refrigerator for about 8-10 mins covering it in a cotton or denim... And don't keep it for a long time as moisture may damage ur phone...

And voila! The tint is gone completely gone... This lasted for hrs for me... Eventually the tint increased slowly and came back to normal eventually... It made me feel good seeing my camera to normal after a long-time...

Plzz post ur results if u try this.... Thank you

Don't held me responsible if u forget ur phone for hrs in the fridge...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1469.jpg
Views:	1182
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	2490709   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1468.jpg
Views:	1224
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	2490710  

Xperia Neo V- Xperia Arc S- Xperia S- Still Have
Xperia ION- USING IT !!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcs_porwal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cksamurai
Old
Thanks Meter 4
lol, i just bought a brand new htc one before Xmas, one for the Americas and i notice the purple tint immediately. i read somewhere htc is knowingly shipping one's with this issue. i have gotten s-off, downgraded to 4.1 upgraded to 4.3/4.4 and even Ge edition / dev edition of stock firmware and still got the purple tint. i have given up on the camera in low light. nice idea any ways maybe we could stick some kind of anti heat shield on the back of the phone, who knows.

arcs_porwal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cksamurai View Post
lol, i just bought a brand new htc one before Xmas, one for the Americas and i notice the purple tint immediately. i read somewhere htc is knowingly shipping one's with this issue. i have gotten s-off, downgraded to 4.1 upgraded to 4.3/4.4 and even Ge edition / dev edition of stock firmware and still got the purple tint. i have given up on the camera in low light. nice idea any ways maybe we could stick some kind of anti heat shield on the back of the phone, who knows.
So it worked out for you?.. Plzz let me know... I've been through this all run and firmware mess

steezee
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by cksamurai View Post
I wouldn't say knowingly are shipping with this issue...they do know it is an issue and have been working to get it fixed... I didn't have this issue with my phone when I got it, and it just started a few weeks ago...Best answer is restore your phone to stock and send it into HTC for repair

Current Device: HTC One (32 GB - Silver) AT&T
S-OFF: RumRunner
Current ROM: ViperOne 5.8.0
Current Recovery: Team Venom TWRP 2.6.3.3
Current Firmware: 4.19.401.8

Retired Devices: HTC One X+ (AT&T), HTC Inspire 4G (AT&T), HTC Aria (AT&T), HTC Fuze (AT&T), HTC Tilt (AT&T), HTC (Cingular) 2125

arcs_porwal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I'm waiting for a response to know if it's working for others

Sent from my HTC One using XDA

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6448
Thread moved to General and closed as this has nothing to do with development and therefore doesn't belong in this section.

Also, I'll close this thread as we already have the following thread which this temporary fix could be posted in - HTC One camera purple tint possible fix

You'll actually have more response in the thread linked above anyway considering everyone in there has been discussing the purple tint issue

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 4.19.401.8 | S-OFF ]
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93
Tags
camera, fix, htc one, puple, tint
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe