XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A worthy sucessor - Sero 7 Pro

Tip us?

envygreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Talking A worthy sucessor - Sero 7 Pro

Well, after 2+ years of watching the devs go absolutely bananas on my Nook Color, I think I've found my next 7" device. The Hisense Sero 7 Pro is a Nexus 7 clone with the addition of a back camera and an SD card slot. Picked it up yesterday, had it rooted and a debloated ROM on it within 20 minutes.

I won't go nuts with a full fledged review, but I will say that for the same price I paid in 2011 for my NC, this device is a beast. Happy to answer any questions if someone wants specifics, but there are a couple of good threads and Youtube videos out already.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to envygreen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tool Belt
Old
Thanks Meter 86
I am of exactly the same opinion. I had a great ride with Nookie and all the devs, but this Pro 7 rocks

Sent from Sero 7 Detox
Pro
SafeStrapped, Hyperdriven ME7 GS4!!

Gorjira
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Just picked mine up today and I'm very happy with it! $150 bucks what's not to like. I have noticed a little staggering here and there but I'm not going to hold it against a $150 buck tablet. Going to root tomorrow and see how that goes.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using xda premium
Nexus--Only

AgentCherryColla
Old
Thanks Meter 504
I have one of these. It's very nice. Like a nexus 7. Can't wait for CM10.1

Sent from my NookColor using xda app-developers app
Phones: iPhone (3G/s) MyTouch 4GSlide CyanogenMod (7/9/10[.1]) Galaxy S II (TMOUS) AOKP
Tablets: Kindle Fire (Cyanogenmod) Nook Color CyanogenMod
Other: Archos HomeConnect 35 CyanogenMod7 (If you want, ask)

envygreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorjira View Post
Just picked mine up today and I'm very happy with it! $150 bucks what's not to like. I have noticed a little staggering here and there but I'm not going to hold it against a $150 buck tablet. Going to root tomorrow and see how that goes.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using xda premium
Gorira, try out the XE rom from xboxexpert here on XDA. It's just a stripped down version of stock with the option to flash the tablet UI mod, but I've been very happy with the performance. Also, his root tool is as painless as I've seen. If it seems to hang, just hit the power button to wake your screen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to envygreen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

karnoff
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCherryColla View Post
I have one of these. It's very nice. Like a nexus 7. Can't wait for CM10.1

You that's going to happen with this? I'd love it but won't hold my breath

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk HD
iPhone 3GS
Sprint HTC Hero
HTC EVO Shift 4G
Samsung Nexus S 4G
Nexus 4
Lumia 925

MISRy
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Another migration from the NC to the S7P. It seemed like I had no sooner read about the device when I found xboxexpert's thread. Well. If I can root it I need to try it. Now the wife is reading her Castle books on her newly acquired NC. Unfortunately not even my youngest wants Mom's old WPDN.

Sent from a Hisense Sero 7 Pro
Hisense Sero 7 Pro
XE-Sero7ROM US (w/ TabletUI) v. [P756.6.02.11.00]

envygreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISRy View Post
Another migration from the NC to the S7P. It seemed like I had no sooner read about the device when I found xboxexpert's thread. Well. If I can root it I need to try it. Now the wife is reading her Castle books on her newly acquired NC. Unfortunately not even my youngest wants Mom's old WPDN.

Sent from a Hisense Sero 7 Pro
Mine has been super solid so far. We've got another dev in thread talking about picking one up as well as some noobies like me picking up where we can. Honestly, even rooted debloated 4.2.1 is pretty excellent, but CM 10.1 or PA would be sweet.
- envygreen

Like the Sero 7 Pro? Go to this thread and ask for our own forum and then add this to your signature till we get one.

mogrith
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Have Nook Tablet (not HD or Color) just got Sero 7 Pro a few days ago. Just rooted it with no problem. Not sure I need custom Rom yet. if/when CM10.1 is avail Will go to that. Have that on Nook and love it.

For now Rooted Stock works well. other that getting rid of ~80meg of junk apps what do you get with the xboxexperts ROM?

might just do tablet ui and circle battery tweaks.

Overall very happy to get 2 cameras, BT and GPS
The Following User Says Thank You to mogrith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AgentCherryColla
Old
Thanks Meter 504
This Tablet has the potential to one of the hottest devices. It can play some high end games with little issues. A good example is the RavenSword game.

Phones: iPhone (3G/s) MyTouch 4GSlide CyanogenMod (7/9/10[.1]) Galaxy S II (TMOUS) AOKP
Tablets: Kindle Fire (Cyanogenmod) Nook Color CyanogenMod
Other: Archos HomeConnect 35 CyanogenMod7 (If you want, ask)

The Following User Says Thank You to AgentCherryColla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
hisense, nook, pro, sero, tablet