Note 3 Displat issue

Tip us?

stanzlavos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 3 Displat issue

Hi all,

I have an sm-n900. I am seeing some issue with the phone display. Please check the attached video (sorry for the poor quality).

As can be seen, with that particular background image, when I quickly move between the home screens, purple artifacts can be seen on the google now widget. I have observed the same with a few other white widgets as well.

Is it a display problem or something inherent with all note 3 displays ?

It would be really helpfull if someone could try the same on their note 3 with the same background image and Google now widget. You have to flick the homes screen so that it fully moves the next screen.

Video:

https://db.tt/k8Gg6PkK

Regards
Nubin Stanley

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1387401485660.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	2462319  

tsunami2312
Old
Thanks Meter 25
it happens to mines too, idk if thats normal.

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Its normal

Amoled screen means blackk pixels are off, and if u move quuckly they dont switchbon fast enuf and the red and blue subpixels get on faster than the green ones -> purple effect

But amoled gets better (darker) black and saves energy

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
The Following User Says Thank You to Killberty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stanzlavos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
Its normal

Amoled screen means blackk pixels are off, and if u move quuckly they dont switchbon fast enuf and the red and blue subpixels get on faster than the green ones -> purple effect

But amoled gets better (darker) black and saves energy

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
I know about the purple effect. But that is seen when greys and blacks are involved. Basically when the pixels have to move from black to something else.

But here that is not the case. The wallpaper has shades of green and the widget is white. !!!

So any idea... I had actually shown this to the service center. They offered to change the display. I got it back day before yesterday. I checked after getting back and there it was again. Now, I don't know if it is because they did not actually change the display or if it is because this is an inherent issue with the Note 3 display.I have informed this to the service center as well.

If a few more people could try this on their phones and update, we could atleast conclude that this is an inherent issue. Then I wouldn't have to waste more time at the service center !!!

stanzlavos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone ? Any thoughts ?

stanzlavos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can someone else try this please.. ?

Would be a big help. I dont wanna go behind the service center guys if this is an inherent problem with the note 3 display.

stanzlavos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzlavos View Post
Can someone else try this please.. ?

Would be a big help. I dont wanna go behind the service center guys if this is an inherent problem with the note 3 display.

Bump....