[Q] Smartwatch 2 - a display backlight spot issue

Tip us?

vendo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Smartwatch 2 - a display backlight spot issue

Hi

I`ve been using my SW2 for 2 weeks and I have noticed few spots on my screen. See below.
It seems like the display has been de-colorized or influenced by most frequent touching zones on the display.

I still have warranty is this an issue and I should return this watch or?..

any suggestions what is going on?

PS: I have not exposed my watch to water or anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sw2.JPG
Views:	4813
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	2490169   Click image for larger version

Name:	sw3.JPG
Views:	4395
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	2490170  

Canadian DJ
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendo View Post
Hi

I`ve been using my SW2 for 2 weeks and I have noticed few spots on my screen. See below.
It seems like the display has been de-colorized or influenced by most frequent touching zones on the display.

I've had my watch for over 3 months and have no problems like this. You could contact Sony and see if they will repair or replace it. Looks like a warranty issue to me.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S Telus Fascinate 3G+ (SGH-T959D)
Firmware: Android 4.1.2
Rom: AOKP JB M1

Device: Sony Smartwatch 2 (SW2)
Firmware: 1.0.B.3.46/1.0.A.3.8
Mostly Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadian DJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

polish_pat
Old
Thanks Meter 308

DONATE TO ME
if you look at the watch at a 90 degree angle, you will not see this, but if you look at lets say a 30 or 20 degree, you will see this, it's a LCD backlight washing issue, it's a common issue with LCD screens, i have a very slight washing, nothing like yours, you should def send it back to sony, this is too much washing
The Following User Says Thank You to polish_pat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vendo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
This is what happened to me today, I`ve tried restarting the watch and no help. Not sure how to do hard reset and not sure if it would help.

I`m sending them back.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	2498487  

vegeta340
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
This is what happened to me today, I`ve tried restarting the watch and no help. Not sure how to do hard reset and not sure if it would help.

I`m sending them back.

I have the same problem! So if we are both with this issue, it looks like technical iisue of this watch.

What's more sometimes lines and weird colors disappear but after that they will appear again. :/

arizal
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Hi

Okay, I've got exactly the same problem about a month after I brought it. I got mine replaced. I've got it back today after waiting for a month. Hope the new one will last longer.

What I suspect is a battery issue where the battery heats up and also heats the display. The reason to suspect the battery is because it was kinda weak and lasted 2 days at most with very light usage and was heating a bit during charge which may be the cause of display failure.

vendo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
this is what SONY replied to me
" That appears to be a hardware fault so better send it back or have it assessed at Sony service center."

and this is fresh screen from this morning, the defect is changing but it is getting worst and worst.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2502573  

enigma_x
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
this is what SONY replied to me
" That appears to be a hardware fault so better send it back or have it assessed at Sony service center."

and this is fresh screen from this morning, the defect is changing but it is getting worst and worst.
Looks bad, so give it back to Sony