5,604,631 Members 40,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Huawei Ascend P1 (U9200) Query of Custom ROM, please help..

Tip us?

awaisthebest
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question Huawei Ascend P1 (U9200) Query of Custom ROM, please help..

I've read quite a lot here on the forum about the Ascend P1 ..
The time I got this phone, this had an EmotionUi 1.5 firmware, and I kinda don't like the interface and all, so I would like to have the stock google android ROM which would seem more like the real android rather than this EmotionUI crap.

So, I've been reading online to installing custom roms and I'm gonna tell you what I did.

1. prepared SDK (I actually had this before as I develop small android apps)
2. download the CWM.img something file and through adb I rebooted my phone into the bootloader (The phone was stuck at the huawei's logo, I think that's normal, right?)
3. Now, I cannot flash or do anything, I do write commands in the command prompt as I've seen in the guides but nothing works, and I always have to force shut the phone by long pressing the power button and again powering on the phone.

The second thing I wanted to know is, that if I install a custom rom, can I move back to the same EmotionUI just incase if something goes wrong? or I do not like the original android? or if I have to claim the warranty and stuff?

Appelsap981
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem

When I boot my Huawei Ascend P1 into bootloader via ADB, it freezes on the Huawei logo. And when I boot into bootloader by holding the volumekey down and power, it just starts up normally. Please help.