XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S3 still unable to connect to networks in Honduras

Tip us?

HeatherinHN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S3 still unable to connect to networks in Honduras

I have tried absolutely everything possible that I can find here on the xda forum and elsewhere to get my Verizon Samsung S3 up and running on the Tigo network here in Honduras and have come to a dead end.

Android Version: 4.1.2
The phone has been rooted using a step by step thread I found on a blog called rootandunlock (which gives kudos to xda)
Build #: VRBMF1

I have the APN's set up and have gone through activating them but no matter what I do the phone just isn't recognizing the towers here. It does find towers for Claro HND but won't connect to it.

I don't know where to turn at this point, and really would love for this phone to be more than just a lonely paperweight

FrankoHN
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Same problem

I would love for some one to let us know what we could do!

HeatherinHN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I found a solution to this problem.. it just isn't really the solution I wanted to find sadly.

After rooting, flashing Omega rom, Clockwork, and going as far as to alternating the APN's to the networks here in Honduras the phone WILL make and receieve calls and texts on the TIGO network (I didn't try Claro), but it will NOT work for data. You can of course use wifi where ever you go, but it will not connect to the data network as far as i've been able to figure out.

bbolton_98
Old
Thanks Meter 47
From what I read on TIGO, they are using gsm only in Honduras now ( and shutdown cdma ). If this is correct I don't think that data will work on s3. Tonight I will do some more research and see if I can learn more.

But until then it maybe worth changing the network settings? To gsm or global.

Cruzin' tha Galaxy SIII
Viewsonic G Tablet - ROM Vegan Ginger
retired HTC 6800 Alltel (Verizon)
Thanks Dev's & All Who help make our devices (toys) so cool.