5,595,268 Members 46,931 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Optimus G E975 - ADB does not work anymore :(

Tip us?
 
iliasus77
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default [Q] Optimus G E975 - ADB does not work anymore :(

Problem:

Optimus G E975 - ADB does not work after (FreeGee) TWRP update 2.6.3.0.



What happened:

Was on CM10.2 TWRP 2.6.0.0 and ADB worked fine. Used FreeGee to update TWRP.

Booted to recovery, wiped _everything_. Now adb does not work at all (device does not show up in "list").

I can see Yellow triangle with exclamation mark in windows device manager (LG-E975).

Any suggestions? I havent dared to boot, so Im still in TWRP. TYIA!
 
atifsh
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 347
Posts: 2,231
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karachi
Lol freegee to update recovery, you my friend is a BOSS

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk
 
iliasus77
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by atifsh View Post
Lol freegee to update recovery, you my friend is a BOSS

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk
are a BOSS
 
Shelnutt2
Old
#4  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1605
Posts: 801
Join Date: Mar 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
What rom are you on? With cm-10.1 (android 4.4.2) or later you have to accept your RSA keys for adb to work. If you wipe data it wipes the stored rsa keys so you have to accept it again.

Also using freegee to update twrp is fine. It now detect if you are already unlocked or not, and if so only installs the new recovery.
 
atifsh
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 347
Posts: 2,231
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt2 View Post

Also using freegee to update twrp is fine. It now detect if you are already unlocked or not, and if so only installs the new recovery.
That's good. 😊
Did you find anything about boot issue with new freegee with nexus bootloader

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk
 
Shelnutt2
Old
#6  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1605
Posts: 801
Join Date: Mar 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by atifsh View Post
That's good. 😊
Did you find anything about boot issue with new freegee with nexus bootloader

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk
That was an issue with 4.1 devices only, and it has been resolved. Everyone is now good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelnutt2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
iliasus77
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt2 View Post
What rom are you on? With cm-10.1 (android 4.4.2) or later you have to accept your RSA keys for adb to work. If you wipe data it wipes the stored rsa keys so you have to accept it again.

Also using freegee to update twrp is fine. It now detect if you are already unlocked or not, and if so only installs the new recovery.
I was on CM10.2

RSA keys are good point. But shouldnt TWRP notify about this (I know CM notfied this earlier, but I cant boot now, can I?

Atleast TWRP warns me about booting (NO OS INSTALLED - ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TO BOOT?).
 
atifsh
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 347
Posts: 2,231
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt2 View Post
What rom are you on? With cm-10.1 (android 4.4.2) or later you have to accept your RSA keys for adb to work. If you wipe data it wipes the stored rsa keys so you have to accept it again.
Adb devices doesn't ask to accept rca keys if you are on recovey, I think he needs to install adb drivers again.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk
 
iliasus77
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by atifsh View Post
Adb devices doesn't ask to accept rca keys if you are on recovey, I think he needs to install adb drivers again.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk
And I think if RSA is missing, adb should show device in list (as OFFLINE)
Installing LG UNITED MOBILE DRIVER again was my first guess too. But doesnt seem to work (LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 10.1).
 
iliasus77
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Feb 2011
For some reason, Im afraid that FreeGee did something wrong. Maybe wrong TWRP version (wrong device)?
And now windows drivers do not work correctly? (device manager has yellow triangle @ LG E975)

If TWRP reports windows device id, this could be the case?

Is it safe to boot? Can I still get back to TWRP?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes