5,593,587 Members 37,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Questions about gpad GPE

Tip us?
 
codyweis
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Lightbulb [Q] Questions about gpad GPE

Just got my lg gpad 8.3 gpe and had a few questions.
1. Is there a way to remove home screen pages Or do I always have to have 5?
2. I am trying to find a remote app but can't find one. I know on my s4 I have watch on. I was wondering if there is remote app I can download so I can use the ir blaster.
I would really appreciate the help. Thanks
 
jneapan
Old
#2  
jneapan's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 56
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bucharest
I can answer about the home screen. Unfortunately you can't remove any screens, that's the limitation of the stock Android launcher, you can install the GEL launcher or any other launcher for that matter. I hear Apex is a very good replacement.

I would also be interested to find a working remote app, have tried but haven't found anything useful yet. Hopefully someone knows.
 
CuraeL
Old
(Last edited by CuraeL; 4th January 2014 at 04:14 AM.)
#3  
CuraeL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 350
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyweis View Post
Just got my lg gpad 8.3 gpe and had a few questions.
1. Is there a way to remove home screen pages Or do I always have to have 5?
2. I am trying to find a remote app but can't find one. I know on my s4 I have watch on. I was wondering if there is remote app I can download so I can use the ir blaster.
I would really appreciate the help. Thanks
Apparently the IR-blaster in the G Pad is different from the likes found in HTC and the Note's.. Sadly, they only work on stock LG rom atm. For Google and LG to partner up and sell a device that will continue to not support it's own hardware seems retarded, I reckon it's a matter of time before LG does something about it..

Home screen pages, as mentioned above, is simply a limited feature of the new AOSP stock launcher, it sucks and it's ridiculous. I can't stand that launcher. There's not ONE customizable thing about it. Jesus.

.. Customizable isn't a word, is it?..

"XO Pressley has the deck."
 
codyweis
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuraeL View Post
Apparently the IR-blaster in the G Pad is different from the likes found in HTC and the Note's.. Sadly, they only work on stock LG rom atm. For Google and LG to partner up and sell a device that will continue to not support it's own hardware seems retarded, I reckon it's a matter of time before LG does something about it..

Home screen pages, as mentioned above, is simply a limited feature of the new AOSP stock launcher, it sucks and it's ridiculous. I can't stand that launcher. There's not ONE customizable thing about it. Jesus.

.. Customizable isn't a word, is it?..
So what I'm hearing so far is download another launcher because the stock one sucks? Lol okay I'll try some out. Also what I'm hearing is there is no current way to use the ir blaster on my g pad? That's kinda hard to believe and dissapointing if true.
 
CuraeL
Old
#5  
CuraeL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 350
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyweis View Post
So what I'm hearing so far is download another launcher because the stock one sucks? Lol okay I'll try some out. Also what I'm hearing is there is no current way to use the ir blaster on my g pad? That's kinda hard to believe and dissapointing if true.
You could try Nova or Apex. Those are pretty heavy on customization.

I'm sorry, but you heard right. Here on my v500 with CM 11 rom I havn't been able to find any IR apps that works yet. :\ Even tried to flash scripts and QRemote and so on. It just doesn't take fully. No pairing with devices at all.

"XO Pressley has the deck."
 
ASW1
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 172
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Staatsliedenbuurt
Another question;
does face detection work on the GPE?
 
codyweis
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
Another question;
does face detection work on the GPE?
Yeah seems to work normally.

And really confused why google hasnt put an app out for the ir blaster... I mean they advertise it on their tablet but make it impossible to use?
 
windfrenzy
Old
(Last edited by windfrenzy; 5th January 2014 at 01:10 AM.)
#8  
windfrenzy's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Nov 2010
I just got my GPE too. After pulling the update and unlocking the bootloader , I started to set it up with Action Launcher, but ended up with Nova. Nova supports 4.4 's transparent notification bar--I like the look. I also like no icon labels.

I haven't messed with the IR blaster yet.
 
codyweis
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfrenzy View Post
I just got my GPE too. After pulling the update and unlocking the bootloader , I started to set it up with Action Launcher, but ended up with Nova. Nova supports 4.4 's transparent notification bar--I like the look. I also like no icon labels.

I haven't messed with the IR blaster yet.
I really hope someone finds a way to use it. I'm really sad one Cuz its of the reasons why I got the gpad over nexus 7
 
Lucien2
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 50
Join Date: Dec 2013
The main area of the visible user interface (UI) that controls home screens and such - and it looks nice enough. It's not Nexus Android levels of clear, but you do get some fixes for those minor pure Android annoyances.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Now Available!

About two weeks ago at the BUILD conference in San Francisco, Microsoft unveiled Windows … more

Prevent Unwanted Butt Dialing with Smart Pocket Guard

You may recall that back in August of last year, we took a look atAir SwiperbyXDA … more

Google ATAP Details Project Ara in Developers’ Conference

Earlier today, the Google ATAP teamkicked offits first ever Project Ara … more