5,598,610 Members 43,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SoundHound, stay alive, and favorites?

Tip us?

scopefield
Old
(Last edited by scopefield; 2nd January 2014 at 11:13 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default SoundHound, stay alive, and favorites?

I installed Soundhound on my Gear. Anybody know if it's possible to map the double tap for it to automatically search? It seems like you can't add any apps that aren't included in the ROM install.

How can I delete the favorites on the Gear manager on my Note 3? I can reorder and add, but can't find how do delete.

How can I extend how long the screen stays on before it goes off?

Also, I'm on Null 17.

Many thanks!

redline57
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Through the manager gear u can set up to open different applications... might or. might not work

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

scopefield
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline57 View Post
Through the manager gear u can set up to open different applications... might or. might not work

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
That's what I've been trying, but no luck.

omniwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 443
If you're talking about double tapping the power button, then no, that gesture is unavailable once you use Nova launcher. However you could map a double tap of the screen to launch Soundhound, i've got double screen tap launching S-Voice, works well.

you need Nova prime for this, though.
XDA II > i-mate PDA2 > HTC Touch > HTC Diamond > HTC Desire > SGS2 > SGS3 > SGS3 LTE > SGN2 LTE > SGS4 LTE
Running Wanamlite ROM, Adam kernel

Are you a ROM chef? Want to make sure your APKs have the correct compression settings, the internal PNGs are optimised, and the APKs are zip aligned? Check out my script:
[SCRIPT] Repack multiple APKs with proper compression settings
The Following User Says Thank You to omniwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scopefield
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniwolf View Post
If you're talking about double tapping the power button, then no, that gesture is unavailable once you use Nova launcher. However you could map a double tap of the screen to launch Soundhound, i've got double screen tap launching S-Voice, works well.

you need Nova prime for this, though.
Right, I actually am sticking with stock launcher. I can't stand the app styler watch program not working with Nova, so I had to stick to stock. That is a great idea about the double screen tap. Might go back. Can you send me a picture of your gear with Nova?

I can program the double tap, but Soundhound won't pop up as an option (nothing installed from Play does).

omniwolf
Old
(Last edited by omniwolf; 3rd January 2014 at 03:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 443
Sure.

Main screen | secondary screen | choosing custom apps as a gesture action

| |

for the double tap:
1) go into Nova settings
2) select Gestures and Buttons
3) Scroll down to Double tap and select it
4) swipe to the right to the APPS column.
5) scroll down and find soundhound, select it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 - 1 (3).png
Views:	594
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	2490529   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 - 1.png
Views:	409
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	2490530   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 - 1 (2).png
Views:	423
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	2490531  
XDA II > i-mate PDA2 > HTC Touch > HTC Diamond > HTC Desire > SGS2 > SGS3 > SGS3 LTE > SGN2 LTE > SGS4 LTE

Are you a ROM chef? Want to make sure your APKs have the correct compression settings, the internal PNGs are optimised, and the APKs are zip aligned? Check out my script:
The Following User Says Thank You to omniwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scopefield
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Sure.

Main screen | secondary screen | choosing custom apps as a gesture action

|

for the double tap:
1) go into Nova settings
2) select Gestures and Buttons
3) Scroll down to Double tap and select it
4) swipe to the right to the APPS column.
5) scroll down and find soundhound, select it
That looks awesome, thank you!

How were you able to make the watch take up the whole screen and get rid of the app row with Nova? When I used it, I had to add the watches as widgets and it was hideous, which drove me away from it.

omniwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 443
yep you still have to add the watch as a widget, that's all it is even with the TW launcher.
to get rid of the app row, i assume you mean the dock.

I still find the dock useful, but like you i found it pretty ugly. So my compromise is to have it hidden, and only become visible when you perform a gesture, in my case i just single finger swipe up the screen.

To do this, go to Nova settings, then:

1) scroll to the bottom, select ADVANCED
2) tick both Dock as Overlay, and Automatically close
3) go back to the main nova settings window
4) select Gestures and Buttons
5) scroll down to Swipe up and select it
6) scroll down to Toggle Dock, and select it

done. Now your dock will be invisible until you swipe upwards. As you can see in my screen shot i also changed the dock style (nova settings -> dock -> dock style), made it 20% transparent, and tried to make it as close to the clock widget orange as i could. It doesn't bother me too much as you only rarely see the dock using this method.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 - 1-dock.png
Views:	109
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	2490728  

scopefield
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
yep you still have to add the watch as a widget, that's all it is even with the TW launcher.
to get rid of the app row, i assume you mean the dock.

I still find the dock useful, but like you i found it pretty ugly. So my compromise is to have it hidden, and only become visible when you perform a gesture, in my case i just single finger swipe up the screen.

To do this, go to Nova settings, then:

1) scroll to the bottom, select ADVANCED
2) tick both Dock as Overlay, and Automatically close
3) go back to the main nova settings window
4) select Gestures and Buttons
5) scroll down to Swipe up and select it
6) scroll down to Toggle Dock, and select it

done. Now your dock will be invisible until you swipe upwards. As you can see in my screen shot i also changed the dock style (nova settings -> dock -> dock style), made it 20% transparent, and tried to make it as close to the clock widget orange as i could. It doesn't bother me too much as you only rarely see the dock using this method.
This worked fantastically, thank you again!

One last thing, how did you get that orange clock? Did you use the watch styler? I add the watch styler as a widger, but you can still see about a quarter of a centimeter of the stock wallpaper which irks me.

omniwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 443
it's just the built in event clock, you set the colour to orange in Gear manager.