5,600,919 Members 41,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

my gear keeps telling me I have no operating system... Help!

Tip us?

jaggedx2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default my gear keeps telling me I have no operating system... Help!

I'm not sure where to post this but my gear keeps saying no OS. I think I wiped it all out when I tried to reset it. Plz help. I'm not sure what to do. I have a 300 dllr paper weight now.

BRRRZ
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Put it in download mode and install a stock rom via odin .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to BRRRZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaggedx2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRRRZ View Post
Put it in download mode and install a stock rom via odin .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
So I didn't kill it? Dumb question but where can i find stock rom and also odin. Sorry but I'm new to this. Thanx for the help.

almulder1092
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggedx2 View Post
So I didn't kill it? Dumb question but where can i find stock rom and also odin. Sorry but I'm new to this. Thanx for the help.
there is a thread there that is stickied that lists stock roms. XAR is for the USA. And no your Gear will be just fine after a reflash.

Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)

If you feel I have helped you out and would like to donate please do so.
Replaster My Pool Fund - Donate
Thanks!

Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot
The Following User Says Thank You to almulder1092 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JT man
Old
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm not sure where to post this but my gear keeps saying no OS. I think I wiped it all out when I tried to reset it. Plz help. I'm not sure what to do. I have a 300 dllr paper weight now.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2463743

[18.11] SM-V700 (Galaxy Gear) STOCK ROMS COLLECTION (Newest: V700XXUAMK7)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to JT man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaggedx2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT man View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2463743

[18.11] SM-V700 (Galaxy Gear) STOCK ROMS COLLECTION (Newest: V700XXUAMK7)

I downloaded files....thank you. Now my problem is that odin doesnt recognize my gear. Nothing comes up in the com box. Would u you happen to know what I need to do? I cant getcto settings bcuz my gearcis either on the start up gear screen or if I try to reboot and exit, it only says no OS. Plz help.

almulder1092
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
I downloaded files....thank you. Now my problem is that odin doesnt recognize my gear. Nothing comes up in the com box. Would u you happen to know what I need to do? I cant getcto settings bcuz my gearcis either on the start up gear screen or if I try to reboot and exit, it only says no OS. Plz help.
Unplug your gear, reboot your computer, plug in the usb into a different usb if possible, (Dont use a usb hub) open odin, then plugin your gear

Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)

If you feel I have helped you out and would like to donate please do so.
Replaster My Pool Fund - Donate
Thanks!

Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot

JT man
Old
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I don't know but when in custom recovery reboot in download mode, that's where you need to be in ,in order to flash stock