5,597,138 Members 44,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with installing a new ROM and making the phone faster!

Tip us?

Blackdavid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with installing a new ROM and making the phone faster!

Hello. I would like to start this thread by saying that i'm a noob in phones and computers in general. So please talk with me like you are talking to a kid.
Now, lets get to the point.
I want to install a ROM on my LG p500 optimus one, any ''newer'' rom will do its job. Now i have rooted the phone(I think) and it was previously installed with 2.3.3 android, and I would like to have a link or a tutorial on precisely how to install it. I mean like 4.3.3 or any newer updates, but the condition is that the phone has to work, everything that works now has to work on the other ROM.

Also, I read somewhere, that some ROM's make your phone perform faster, do you think thats true? And can you show me a tutorial that meets the conditions in bold that i wrote previously?

chdaditya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Please read the following thread to install Kitkat android 4.4.2 which is a smooth ROM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589303

But wifi tethering is not working

akiratoriyama
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdavid View Post
Hello. I would like to start this thread by saying that i'm a noob in phones and computers in general. So please talk with me like you are talking to a kid.
I want to install a ROM on my LG p500 optimus one, any ''newer'' rom will do its job. Now i have rooted the phone(I think) and it was previously installed with 2.3.3 android, and I would like to have a link or a tutorial on precisely how to install it. I mean like 4.3.3 or any newer updates, but the condition is that the phone has to work, everything that works now has to work on the other ROM.

Also, I read somewhere, that some ROM's make your phone perform faster, do you think thats true? And can you show me a tutorial that meets the conditions in bold that i wrote previously?
You could try the KitKat ROM mentioned above my post or you could try GenetICS by @hephappy - http://www.mediafire.com/?rk8gkjuudllk4l8

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
RIP Long live Optimus One

primekook
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdavid View Post

I personally recommend you to use Icysnap v2.0 this is most stable and faster ROM. it is based on ICS All feature are working without lag ICySNAP v2.0 GOLDEN EYE | ICS 4.0.4 | LGE 3.1 UI

And If want increase the performance of your phone then flash This MOD Adrenaline™ Engine
Press THANKS Button If I Helped You

Sorry For My Bad English

Xx Jafours xX
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Location: Within a 100,000 mile radius of San Jose, CA, US. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by primekook View Post

I personally recommend you to use Icysnap v2.0 this is most stable and faster ROM. it is based on ICS All feature are working without lag ICySNAP v2.0 GOLDEN EYE | ICS 4.0.4 | LGE 3.1 UI

And If want increase the performance of your phone then flash This MOD Adrenaline™ Engine
There is absolutely zero need to worry about lag or anything of such before trying a ROM, Kernel, etc. 'Swapper', 'Swapper 2', and other applications similar to these boost your phone's speed (and oh, not to mention, overall performance) to incredible amounts. They do so by literally increasing the phone's RAM be significant amounts (if you want them to). They use your SD card for the extra RAM. My phone currently has 321 applications installed on it, which should make it lag as GTA running on an under-clocked P500, but guess what? It works as smooth as it runs once you buy it (weird examples, but you're getting the point). My preferance: that should not be your worry. What your worry should be is installing a ROM/Firmware not compatible with your Kernel. Good luck!

chris.bpc54
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The newest and smoothest ROM for me is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589303 with this kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2140930
If it doesn't work as smooth as you expected(that's not gonna happen), you can allways go back to your previous ROM. Try it
Tags
installing a rom, lg optimus, noob, rom lgp500