XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Voice Fail

Tip us?

jones75534
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down [Q] Samsung Voice Fail

I just picked up the Note 3 and am coming from the HTC One. First thing I noticed was how damn awful the voice sounded in applications like Maps/Navigation. YES, I did download the HD version of Samsung's audio voice, but it still sounds like garbage. This is the most premium phone on the planet at the moment so I find this pretty annoying.

Is there any way to remove the Samsung voice all together and just have the phone use the native Google voice? If there is a solid custom rom that offers this, please shoot me a recommendation.

My preference would be to stay on stock rom and just remove the Samsung voice... just not sure if that's possible or how to do.... ???

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones75534 View Post
I just picked up the Note 3 and am coming from the HTC One. First thing I noticed was how damn awful the voice sounded in applications like Maps/Navigation. YES, I did download the HD version of Samsung's audio voice, but it still sounds like garbage. This is the most premium phone on the planet at the moment so I find this pretty annoying.

Is there any way to remove the Samsung voice all together and just have the phone use the native Google voice? If there is a solid custom rom that offers this, please shoot me a recommendation.

My preference would be to stay on stock rom and just remove the Samsung voice... just not sure if that's possible or how to do.... ???
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.ivona.tts try this one
if i helped hit the Thanks Button