Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 53,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Micromax Canvas HD A116 Stock ROM Official Update With New Camera app

Tip us?

>-MKG-<
Old
(Last edited by >-MKG-<; 7th February 2014 at 10:28 PM.) Reason: Link Updated
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Phone Micromax Canvas HD A116 Stock ROM Official Update With New Camera app

This is Micromax Canvas HD A116 latest Official Stock update it was released on 2nd July 2013.

Link Updated :

https://www.adrive.com/public/XH5Nhm...ASHER_USER.rar

S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER

This update has : New camera is introduced. Software is backward compatible with old camera phones as well.

You might be thinking this update was an old one which you got in May 2013, but if you remember the update you used it was :

S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_09_FLASHER_USER
and this is:
S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER

If you have the 4.2 update you have downloaded earlier you can check with it.

I assume you can get this update also by visiting the Micromax Service Center as well.

I am not sure if they will release a 4.3 or a 4.4 now :P

I hope this change is suppose to be a OTA update probable a update.zip file as I don't see a big change log file, just a camera update.
But the above link file is for flashing and it contains the full Firmware/Rom.

I am attaching the Release Version Details in excel sheet.

REQUIREMENTS

• A Micromax Canvas HD A116 with usb data cable
• Please ensure that the battery of your device is above 75%, so you don't get sudden shut down during our process.
• Take full backup of your device.
• Backup data like SMS, contacts, whatsapp data etc etc., as these would be formatted during the process.
• Install the drivers of Micromax Canvas HD from the official Micromax website.
• Download Jelly Bean OS ROM & SP FLASH TOOLS, that you will flash.
• Take the backup of the Calibration with the help of Maui Meta (This is to be done incase you mess up any thing while the upgrade.
restore the calibration taken before flashing into the newly flashed rom)

INSTALLATION:

1. Install drivers - Mobistel_Cynus_T1_Drivers_x86 : http://www.4shared.com/rar/-6_uT3-_/...ivers_x86.html
2. Open SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1316.0.150 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1375120166
3. Select Scatter file from the downloaded ROM version 4.2.x (extract downloaded file from winrar to different folder)and select all files.
4.Goto options->select usb & select USB Mode& DA Download All - & select force to High Speeds
5. Remove battery, Sim Cards & Memory Card
6. Press Firmware Upgrade (Don’t press download)
7. Insert USB data cable to PC & connect your phone & flash tool will detect your phone& downloadingstart automatically
8. When you see green circle than you are done.
9. Remove the cable from your phone insert battery & restart your phone.
10. It will take some times while re-starting and there will be TP Update popup. *
11. You are done& you can insert sim cards & memory card.

* After Flashing and updating there will be a TP UPDATE pop up which will update the TP automatically. So it is advised DON'T TOUCH PHONE's SCREEN ON FIRST BOOT (don't even press the OK button), LET THE TP UPGRADE DO HIS WORK,WAIT FOR AT LEAST 10-15 MINUTES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Then you get a message, that is "Firmware Upgrade Success!" then you can click OK.
You all might be aware of this method to Flash and upgrade Canvas HD as you might have already upgraded from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2.
If you had problems when you did that you might wanted to update this by visiting a Micromax Service Center or try to refresh you OTA update by going to system upgrade.

Here is a Tutorial on how to use MTK Flash Tool by DR_MOOSAVI : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982587

As always : Use this at Your own Peril. I will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your Canvas HD.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx A116_Release version details.xlsx - [Click for QR Code] (10.4 KB, 1771 views)
Hit Thanks Button if My Post or Reply Helps :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5353011_4.gif
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to >-MKG-< For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m0han
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by >-MKG-< View Post
.....Micromax Canvas HD A116 latest Official Stock update it was released on 2nd July 2013. This update has : New camera is introduced. Software is backward compatible with old camera phones as well.....the update you used: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_09_FLASHER_USER and this is: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_13_FLASHER_USER. Take the backup of the Calibration with the help of Maui Meta (This is to be done incase you mess up any thing while the upgrade. restore the calibration taken before flashing into the newly flashed rom).
You all might be aware of this method to Flash and upgrade Canvas HD as you might have already upgraded from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2.
did you mean "from 4.1.2 to 4.2.1"? please post screenshots of camera screen, camera settings, "about phone" etc. thanks. hope you've seen this thread. just wanna know if your post links to newer firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to m0han For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dreamyworld
Old
(Last edited by dreamyworld; 8th November 2013 at 06:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by >-MKG-< View Post

You might be thinking this update was an old one which you got in May 2013, but if you remember the update you used it was :

and this is:
S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_13_FLASHER_USER

If you have the 4.2 update you have downloaded earlier you can check with it.
Is it from moulnisky website?

As of I know we already have this update available. Also have custom roms built on this update (ex:Ritz Turbo).

Also there are number of posts in the General section regarding the update.

Some one correct me If I am wrong.

Anyways thanks for the share and clear instructions, will be useful for the candidates who are new to A116.
I will be offline on XDA for few months

-------------------------------------------------------------
Any actions followed by my posts are at your own risk and I shall not be liable for any harm to you or others resulting from such actions.
--------------------------------------------------------------
HIT Thanks, if i Helped you
--------------------------------------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to dreamyworld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

>-MKG-<
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han View Post
did you mean "from 4.1.2 to 4.2.1"? please post screenshots of camera screen, camera settings, "about phone" etc. thanks. hope you've seen this thread. just wanna know if your post links to newer firmware.
The Link you provided has both update, This is the second one which was in that link, you can see the excel I uploaded. I do not have Canvas HD with me. Else I would have provided you with a screenshot.. And there is no link provided to the ROM in that post I guess you can grab the link from my post..

>-MKG-<
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamyworld View Post
Is it from moulnisky website?

As of I know we already have this update available. Also have custom roms built on this update (ex:Ritz Turbo).

Also there are number of posts in the General section regarding the update.

Some one correct me If I am wrong.

Anyways thanks for the share and clear instructions, will be useful for the candidates who are new to A116.
Yes this update was released on 2nd July 2013, and I mentioned it on my post (so ppl may be having this update also custom roms too), I couldn't find a link to the official stock version (may be the search I did was nt enough :P) so I thought to post this one. Thanks for leaving a comment

cheers.

eagledipesh
Old
Thanks Meter 112

DONATE TO ME
Please post some SS of the About phone and battery usage.
I am keen to know how stable is the battery life.
Press thanks if i have helped you.

Micromax A116 HD - Stock ROM
> Please sign petition here
> Please request for Micromax A116 device thread

LG Optimus One P500 - CM 10.1 ROM

TWITTER | FACEBOOK | eagledipesh@gmail.com | dipesh.parmar@outlook.com

cmahendra
Old
(Last edited by cmahendra; 8th November 2013 at 01:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3892

DONATE TO ME
Dear MKG. You are nearly 40 days late. I have checked the rom is exactly the same which my phone have and posted by vijay4b7. Check the screenshot on his post. Its all same. I am on same rom since long time.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app
Its my "WIN" & Revenging me will just prove you loser.
DON'T PUT STUPID BANNERS IN XDA SIGNATURE, SHARE ONLY USEFUL INFO
1) FAQ 1
2) FAQ 2
3) My A116-A117 Roms & USEFUL INFO LINKS

My teen kid Antariksh's Lite+Fast SuperLuminaL LG L9
DAD-SON Rock on XDA

>FLASH LG PHONE (OFFLINE FIX METHOD)
>KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL
>FASTER Root L9 on Unlocked BL
>GUIDE2ROOT L9 with Lelus method Locked BL
>Collection LG L9 ROMS, ROOT, BB, BL
>My P765 on V20D HK with India BB
>L9 CWM Backup

The Following User Says Thank You to cmahendra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

>-MKG-<
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagledipesh View Post
Please post some SS of the About phone and battery usage.
I am keen to know how stable is the battery life.
Dear Eagledipesh, I do not own a Canvas HD, else I would have already posted the screenshots. How ever I do not see a change log says about a
improved battery life. My friend does own a Canvas HD. If I happens to meet him this weekend or so. I would update this on his phone and try to get some screenshots.

From the other post there is a screenshot of the latest update which he has already posted long ago is the same version update as of this post, I will share the link of the post as well as the screenshot. (The link was already provided in a couple of msg above also.)

The link from which the screenshot is taken is : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2426034 By viijay4b7.

Screenshot of About Phone :

IF you go through the OP of his post you can find him quote some of them saying a "Battery backup seems improved but can't be so sure so early..". and another says the "Flickering issue resolved after flashing."

The excel that I uploaded says only about a camera Improvement.

As soon as I get my hand on my friends Canvas HD (with his permission only :P) I will take the screenshot as well as the review of the update..

Cheers

cmahendra
Old
Thanks Meter 3892

DONATE TO ME
Dear MKG
Seems you posted my screenshot.

Its my "WIN" & Revenging me will just prove you loser.
DON'T PUT STUPID BANNERS IN XDA SIGNATURE, SHARE ONLY USEFUL INFO
1) FAQ 1
2) FAQ 2
3) My A116-A117 Roms & USEFUL INFO LINKS

My teen kid Antariksh's Lite+Fast SuperLuminaL LG L9
DAD-SON Rock on XDA

>FLASH LG PHONE (OFFLINE FIX METHOD)
>KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL
>FASTER Root L9 on Unlocked BL
>GUIDE2ROOT L9 with Lelus method Locked BL
>Collection LG L9 ROMS, ROOT, BB, BL
>My P765 on V20D HK with India BB
>L9 CWM Backup

The Following User Says Thank You to cmahendra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

>-MKG-<
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra View Post
Dear MKG. You are nearly 40 days late. I have checked the rom is exactly the same which my phone have and posted by vijay4b7. Check the screenshot on his post. Its all same. I am on same rom since long time.

Yes, I have also mentioned this on my OP, the Date.. Since I do not own the phone I do not mind being a bit late. also seeing some comments I still feels that it was worth to post this and it is still use full to some of them who dint realize that there was another update after an update from 4.1.2 - 4.2.1. Most of them got distracted by seeing that it was still a 4.2 update and waiting for a 4.3 update.. Most of them din't even look at

S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_13_FLASHER_USER
This change.. (Including ME :P that y even I was late in posting this :P :P )

Since you are using the same Rom from a while, It would be use full if you give a review on this update, and it would be use full for eagledipesh as well. Thanks.

Cheers mate..

Tags
micromax a116, micromax canvas hd, micromax canvas hd a116