Micromax Canvas HD A116 Stock ROM Official Update With New Camera app
This is Micromax Canvas HD A116 latest Official Stock update it was released on 2nd July 2013.
Link Updated :
This update has : New camera is introduced. Software is backward compatible with old camera phones as well.
You might be thinking this update was an old one which you got in May 2013, but if you remember the update you used it was :
and this is:
If you have the 4.2 update you have downloaded earlier you can check with it.
I assume you can get this update also by visiting the Micromax Service Center as well.
I am not sure if they will release a 4.3 or a 4.4 now :P
I hope this change is suppose to be a OTA update probable a update.zip file as I don't see a big change log file, just a camera update.
But the above link file is for flashing and it contains the full Firmware/Rom.
I am attaching the Release Version Details in excel sheet.
A Micromax Canvas HD A116 with usb data cable
Please ensure that the battery of your device is above 75%, so you don't get sudden shut down during our process.
Take full backup of your device.
Backup data like SMS, contacts, whatsapp data etc etc., as these would be formatted during the process.
Install the drivers of Micromax Canvas HD from the official Micromax website.
Download Jelly Bean OS ROM & SP FLASH TOOLS, that you will flash.
Take the backup of the Calibration with the help of Maui Meta (This is to be done incase you mess up any thing while the upgrade.
restore the calibration taken before flashing into the newly flashed rom)
1. Install drivers - Mobistel_Cynus_T1_Drivers_x86 : http://www.4shared.com/rar/-6_uT3-_/...ivers_x86.html
2. Open SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1316.0.150 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1375120166
3. Select Scatter file from the downloaded ROM version 4.2.x (extract downloaded file from winrar to different folder)and select all files.
4.Goto options->select usb & select USB Mode& DA Download All - & select force to High Speeds
5. Remove battery, Sim Cards & Memory Card
6. Press Firmware Upgrade (Dont press download)
7. Insert USB data cable to PC & connect your phone & flash tool will detect your phone& downloadingstart automatically
8. When you see green circle than you are done.
9. Remove the cable from your phone insert battery & restart your phone.
10. It will take some times while re-starting and there will be TP Update popup. *
11. You are done& you can insert sim cards & memory card.
* After Flashing and updating there will be a TP UPDATE pop up which will update the TP automatically. So it is advised DON'T TOUCH PHONE's SCREEN ON FIRST BOOT (don't even press the OK button), LET THE TP UPGRADE DO HIS WORK,WAIT FOR AT LEAST 10-15 MINUTES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.
Then you get a message, that is "Firmware Upgrade Success
!" then you can click OK.
You all might be aware of this method to Flash and upgrade Canvas HD as you might have already upgraded from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2.
If you had problems when you did that you might wanted to update this by visiting a Micromax Service Center or try to refresh you OTA update by going to system upgrade.
Here is a Tutorial on how to use MTK Flash Tool by DR_MOOSAVI
As always : Use this at Your own Peril. I will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your Canvas HD