KitKat ETA?

Search This thread

jjprichards

Nov 8, 2013
I'm trying to get a date for the KitKat update, has anyone heard anything? I'm so on the fence about this device.

jjprichards

Nov 8, 2013
Okay, it is now February 3rd.

Where is GameStream and KitKat?!

I'm ready to buy it, but I need these 2 things. And all I'm hearing are "it's coming soon! :)"

Bah.

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
I'm getting antsy for it as well. I'm not rooting until after KK comes...just to avoid any unnecessary hassle. The more I use it, the more I enjoy it. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you went ahead and got one.

Mad Catz Rich

Dec 5, 2013
Weren't you going to take Pleiades up on her $170 offer? For that price it's a steal.

As I've previously indicated, we'll give a more concrete ETA on KitKat and Gamestream once we're closer to their release.

Mad Catz Rich

Dec 5, 2013
KitKat is sufficiently different to not be considered "just an upgrade" - there's some major changes to the OS going on in there.

Plus, we can't just build it and release it - with an Android device there are so many variables that need testing and retesting; then, once we're happy it has to go to Google for certification... Basically a quick turnaround is not something you're looking at here!

Reactions: gwaldo

Ash180287

Jun 22, 2010
I dont want to bash mad catz cause their a hardware company not software and i believe they had the best intentions at heart from the start, but would it not make more sense to just bite the bullet and admit this has been a massive flop and give out 30 units to the elite development teams that are well renowned on xda and just let them sort the console out. Pretty sure they could make this devise epic in a matter of days rather than us having to wait until 2042 until any kind of releases are available which will probably be totally underwhelming
at least that way you might shift a few more units once its actually up and running correctly.

I remember when i got my jxds7300, it was a bag of crap pretty much like the mojos current state cause of the software being so poor, a few devises went to some decent devs and the source code accidently got leaked. litteraly within a day we had 2 custom roms with major major improvement virtually all bugs were fixed, compatability went up ten fold, a built to purpose key mapper for the devise and loads of cool tweeks became available, along with cwm.
i know jxds chinese and dont play by the rules but if you cant beet'em join'em. Its not mad catz fault if the source codes accidently leaked onto the web;)

But seriously look through every devise on xda and theirs so many cool tweeks and projects going on for virtually every devise made. Then you get to the m.o.j.o and its almost like its considered the total outcast no one wants to touch with a 10ft pole even the 3rd party charged with the android build dont appear to want to go near this console. they might be doing something but 6 months is a hell of a long time in the world of android for nothing at all which would suggest its pretty much been given up on.

Also it didnt do any harm for me, but isnt using a male to male usb to root kinda a dodgy way of us having to make this thing work? if their both usb males surely powers being sent both ways through the cable creating the potential to fry both the mojo and computer under the right circumstances. or am i being dumb again not an expert on electricity. I mean theirs a fing sd card slot. hows their not a built in bootlader that accesses the micro sd slot thats totally insane and asking for trouble

Soz if this comes across as a rant which it kinda is, but everything around the mojo seems a complete farse looking in from the outside so far. which is a massive massive shame as it had the potential for such great things. With out the xda devs on board this thing will always be mediocre

Reactions: senteix2

P901

May 30, 2014
Soz if this comes across as a rant which it kinda is, but everything around the mojo seems a complete farse looking in from the outside so far. which is a massive massive shame as it had the potential for such great things. With out the xda devs on board this thing will always be mediocre

:highfive:

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
I heard about it pre-launch and thought it was cool, had forgotten about it until recently, but IMO this is no where near the price point to where people will pick it up, while this is worlds better than ouya, even ouya is still overpriced at 100 bucks when you have major competitors like amazon fire tv. the mojo has teh specs and some other perks but at 200 bucks it just makes far more sense to buy the much more supported fire tv and use controllers on that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a console, i don't think you really need kitkat..

It's an android device. KitKat contains bug fixes, scaling optimizations, new ui features, bluetooth 4.0, among many other things. You definitely want the latest version of your OS.

Come on brah.
    KitKat is sufficiently different to not be considered "just an upgrade" - there's some major changes to the OS going on in there.

Plus, we can't just build it and release it - with an Android device there are so many variables that need testing and retesting; then, once we're happy it has to go to Google for certification... Basically a quick turnaround is not something you're looking at here!
    I dont want to bash mad catz cause their a hardware company not software and i believe they had the best intentions at heart from the start, but would it not make more sense to just bite the bullet and admit this has been a massive flop and give out 30 units to the elite development teams that are well renowned on xda and just let them sort the console out. Pretty sure they could make this devise epic in a matter of days rather than us having to wait until 2042 until any kind of releases are available which will probably be totally underwhelming
    at least that way you might shift a few more units once its actually up and running correctly.

I remember when i got my jxds7300, it was a bag of crap pretty much like the mojos current state cause of the software being so poor, a few devises went to some decent devs and the source code accidently got leaked. litteraly within a day we had 2 custom roms with major major improvement virtually all bugs were fixed, compatability went up ten fold, a built to purpose key mapper for the devise and loads of cool tweeks became available, along with cwm.
    i know jxds chinese and dont play by the rules but if you cant beet'em join'em. Its not mad catz fault if the source codes accidently leaked onto the web;)

But seriously look through every devise on xda and theirs so many cool tweeks and projects going on for virtually every devise made. Then you get to the m.o.j.o and its almost like its considered the total outcast no one wants to touch with a 10ft pole even the 3rd party charged with the android build dont appear to want to go near this console. they might be doing something but 6 months is a hell of a long time in the world of android for nothing at all which would suggest its pretty much been given up on.

Also it didnt do any harm for me, but isnt using a male to male usb to root kinda a dodgy way of us having to make this thing work? if their both usb males surely powers being sent both ways through the cable creating the potential to fry both the mojo and computer under the right circumstances. or am i being dumb again not an expert on electricity. I mean theirs a fing sd card slot. hows their not a built in bootlader that accesses the micro sd slot thats totally insane and asking for trouble