Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

OnLive and Mad Catz Bring AAA Games to Big Screens With the M.O.J.O. Micro-Console

OP gwaldo

5th June 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melb.
Thanks Meter: 24

300 posts
More
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/onlive...190745470.html
Watch the video at the bottom! looks awesome!

Onlive is a PC game streaming business.
It currently supports PC, Android and TV (via android tv box).

Impressive controller with PC/Mac/Android support:
http://play.onlive.com/controller_specs
It includes a usb Wireless Adapter, I'm guess it's for PC folk with no BT.

Not sure if it's made by Madcatz, like the fireTV's controller, the body/battery area looks familiar though.

If I have time, I'll try out a demo this weekend.
Last edited by gwaldo; 5th June 2014 at 01:37 AM.
16th June 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

38 posts
Anyone whose not tried onlive get right on it you wont be dissapointed providing your internet connection dont suck, ive had my subscriptions since early 2011 and its freeking aswome, lets see andry birds, wordfeud or boarderlands hmmm no contest. This is how mobile gaming was ment to be.
16th June 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melb.
Thanks Meter: 24

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash180287

Anyone whose not tried onlive get right on it you wont be dissapointed providing your internet connection dont suck, ive had my subscriptions since early 2011 and its freeking aswome, lets see andry birds, wordfeud or boarderlands hmmm no contest. This is how mobile gaming was ment to be.

I"m jealous, I wanted to try it out when it was announced but it's not avialable out side the north america & europe :/
16th June 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #4  

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo

I"m jealous, I wanted to try it out when it was announced but it's not avialable out side the north america & europe :/

Nasty I didn't realise it was restricted to EU & north america, that sucks
17th June 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash180287

Nasty I didn't realise it was restricted to EU & north america, that sucks

Are you using OnLive on your rooted MOJO? I was able to install the app but I couldn't navigate through the pages very well. I don't have a subscription so I was just trying to view demos.
18th June 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #6  

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P901

Are you using OnLive on your rooted MOJO? I was able to install the app but I couldn't navigate through the pages very well. I don't have a subscription so I was just trying to view demos.

As of yet I've only loaded the app and watched a few others playing in the arena, didn't have any problems so assumed it would play as well, can check later on. I ain't had a proper chance to use the mojo for prolonged periods of time cause of my work hours and world cup . Spent most of my time trying to get the high res config files on doom 3 to work and sorting out my ROMs files. Doom 3 worked fine in normal with no shaders running between 55/60 fps but when I change the config file to include tye android hi res settings its exits the game, dunnno why. But will get it working if its the last thing I do.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

It might be that the new ui is the problem they changed it about 3 months ago and the old one was much better. The new one has a tendency to be laggy on movements/navigating. Also try pressing x on the initial starting of the app that gets the controller hooked up. If its the same as OLs micro console the analog sticks are a bit naff for navigating the menues try only using the dpad.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread