Tutorial how to link to sd for T599x

Search This thread

morepr

Dec 13, 2009
Quick Tutorial in how to Link2SD on your T599

UPATED

Check the Tutorial Video !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL6cJNSyyOw&feature=youtu.be

Hi guys Im not an expert but i just found a way in how to give more space to your internal memory of our phone galaxy exhibit T599 that probably much of you guys know about it but there are also plenty of people that doesn't know how to do it !

Disclaimer
Im not responsible for any damage you do to your phone in this process even its totally safe s%$*t! Can happen!

You will need a Rooted Device to proceed !

You will need to download this apps from the market

1 Link2SD

2 Aparted (sd card partition)

3 BusyBox

To have the most internal memory space i recommend to de-bloat your device of unnecessary apps as Metropcs, T-Mobile apps you can do that with Titanium Backup from the market

Ok here we GO!!

FIRST. Open and Install BusyBox

SECOND. Unmount your SD Card

THIRD. Open Aparted app WITH THE SD UNMOUNTED.. CREATE TWO PARTITIONS HERES WHERE THE TRICK IS !!

AFTER CREATION BOTH PARTITIONS YOU WILL GIVE VALUE TO THE SECOND PARTITION FIRST AND WILL BE FORMATTED IN EXT4 GIVE AROUND 1200MB ITS = 1GB OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO GIVE IT DEPEND ON YOUR SD CARD SPACE VALUE

THEN .... YOU GIVE VALUE TO THE FIRST PARTITION THAT WILL BE FORMATTED IN FAT32 GIVE THE REST OF THE VALUE AVIALABLE ( FAT32 HAS TO BE THE PRIMARY PARTITION HAVE TO LOOK LIKE IN THE SCREENSHOT SHOWED ) AND PRESS APPLY CHANGES

FOURTH. After creating both partitions successfully go to LINK2SD you will ask what format you want to the apps to go to select EXT4 and reboot device

FIFTH. When your device boot go on LINk2SD and start linking your apps to your SD Card

P.S I SAW YOU CAN ALSO MOVE APPS TO YOUR SD CARD USING CLEAN MASTER I POST SOME SCREENSHOTS OF IT

I had tested and everything works fine my SD card its recognized by the camera to store your pictures

IF THIS POST HELP YOU DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE :good: ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!
Here are some samples screenshots

Last edited:

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
does anybody know if its possible to install an app directly onto the apps partition? if i were to have the data/obb files on my computer..?

morepr

Dec 13, 2009
No this device its not support it but if u follow my op u can increase your free space on your internal memory

Sent from my SGH-T599N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

romimpaired

Nov 8, 2013
Hollywood
Worked like a charm...just be sure to BACKUP the info on your card data to your computer. You will be formatting it. Best thing about this app...on the fly on the phone. Successfully created fat32 26497MB partition with an ext4 4711MB partition and a swap file of 707 MB.

Reactions: morepr

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
Thanks for the instructions. I was able to save so much space now and am able to install more apps. I do have a problem. I use titanium backup and now I can't backup anything to my sd card. It says my SD Card is not writable. Anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts? Thanks. uploadfromtaptalk1392788752475.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Don0407 and morepr

morepr

Dec 13, 2009
Thanks for the instructions. I was able to save so much space now and am able to install more apps. I do have a problem. I use titanium backup and now I can't backup anything to my sd card. It says View attachment 2587852my SD Card is not writable. Anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts? Thanks.

I don't know why I haven't use titanium backup to back up my apps I just use it to delete my apps sorry for that inconvenience

XDA DEVELOPERS PREMIUM SGH T599N ROOTED

Reactions: 16BitRun
E

Exothermic

Thanks for the instructions. I was able to save so much space now and am able to install more apps. I do have a problem. I use titanium backup and now I can't backup anything to my sd card. It says View attachment 2587852my SD Card is not writable. Anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts? Thanks.

I'm not using this mod, but why don't you try download root explorer and go to extSdCard or wherever the sd card is at and mount it as RW, and try using titanium backup.

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
I'm not using this mod, but why don't you try download root explorer and go to extSdCard or wherever the sd card is at and mount it as RW, and try using titanium backup.

Its strange because Root Browser states I already have Write access according to this screen.uploadfromtaptalk1392825029567.jpg

oclaussell

Jan 20, 2012
Y-Town
I had the same problem. Couldn't use es file explorer. My pictures and browsers wouldn't recognize or save files to ext sd card.

Followed instructions word for word. Even made a swap with nothing changing. I wish there was a better option out there.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using xda app-developers app

morepr

Dec 13, 2009
Guys try reformatting the sd card then instated of creating the ext4 and then the fat32 try creating fat32 FIRST then ext4 atleast 1GB hope this work

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
I had the same problem. Couldn't use es file explorer. My pictures and browsers wouldn't recognize or save files to ext sd card.

Followed instructions word for word. Even made a swap with nothing changing. I wish there was a better option out there.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using xda app-developers app

Guys try reformatting the sd card then instated of creating the ext4 and then the fat32 try creating fat32 FIRST then ext4 atleast 1GB hope this work

I know what you mean. I can't even use the camera because it doesn't detect the SD Card. I will try to do what morepr says and get back to you. Can you do you the same and let us know if it works too.
3ujemebe.jpg

Last edited:

morepr

Dec 13, 2009
I know what you mean. I can't even use the camera because it doesn't detect the SD Card. I will try to do what morepr says and get back to you. Can you do you the same and let us know if it works too.
3ujemebe.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk[/QUOTi

I will figure out and I will update the op at soon I see working results!

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
HELLO Guys I just updated the thread hope this work for you now i have tested and works fine shouldn't be no issues ENJOY!!

Hi MorePR. Just wanted to let you know that my camera and Titanium Backup is working now thanks to your updated instructions. The SD Card is now writable. Thanks again.

Last edited:

morepr

Dec 13, 2009
Welcome DJVargas im glad everything works fine

Sent from my SGH-T599N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wilbigdaddy2000

Dec 13, 2013
For me, in link2sd, it says mount script not supported. Is this due to cm11 ROM?

Sent from my SGH-T599X using xda app-developers app

wilbigdaddy2000

Dec 13, 2013
Tried twice. OK, I unmounted SD card. Opened a parted and created two partitions. Number two I made 1200mb ext4, and 1 I made 6742mb fat32. Then, in link2sd it says ext4 not supported on my device mount script invalid.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Not working for me.

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
Tried twice. OK, I unmounted SD card. Opened a parted and created two partitions. Number two I made 1200mb ext4, and 1 I made 6742mb fat32. Then, in link2sd it says ext4 not supported on my device mount script invalid.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Not working for me.

@morepr Any thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-T599X using Tapatalk

wilbigdaddy2000

Dec 13, 2013
Mine looks just like screenshot but in link2sd can't get mounted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick Tutorial in how to Link2SD on your T599

UPATED

Check the Tutorial Video !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL6cJNSyyOw&feature=youtu.be

Hi guys Im not an expert but i just found a way in how to give more space to your internal memory of our phone galaxy exhibit T599 that probably much of you guys know about it but there are also plenty of people that doesn't know how to do it !

Disclaimer
    Im not responsible for any damage you do to your phone in this process even its totally safe s%$*t! Can happen!

You will need a Rooted Device to proceed !

You will need to download this apps from the market

1 Link2SD

2 Aparted (sd card partition)

3 BusyBox

To have the most internal memory space i recommend to de-bloat your device of unnecessary apps as Metropcs, T-Mobile apps you can do that with Titanium Backup from the market

Ok here we GO!!

FIRST. Open and Install BusyBox

SECOND. Unmount your SD Card

THIRD. Open Aparted app WITH THE SD UNMOUNTED.. CREATE TWO PARTITIONS HERES WHERE THE TRICK IS !!

AFTER CREATION BOTH PARTITIONS YOU WILL GIVE VALUE TO THE SECOND PARTITION FIRST AND WILL BE FORMATTED IN EXT4 GIVE AROUND 1200MB ITS = 1GB OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO GIVE IT DEPEND ON YOUR SD CARD SPACE VALUE

THEN .... YOU GIVE VALUE TO THE FIRST PARTITION THAT WILL BE FORMATTED IN FAT32 GIVE THE REST OF THE VALUE AVIALABLE ( FAT32 HAS TO BE THE PRIMARY PARTITION HAVE TO LOOK LIKE IN THE SCREENSHOT SHOWED ) AND PRESS APPLY CHANGES

FOURTH. After creating both partitions successfully go to LINK2SD you will ask what format you want to the apps to go to select EXT4 and reboot device

FIFTH. When your device boot go on LINk2SD and start linking your apps to your SD Card

P.S I SAW YOU CAN ALSO MOVE APPS TO YOUR SD CARD USING CLEAN MASTER I POST SOME SCREENSHOTS OF IT

I had tested and everything works fine my SD card its recognized by the camera to store your pictures

IF THIS POST HELP YOU DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE :good: ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!
    Here are some samples screenshots
    Thanks for the instructions. I was able to save so much space now and am able to install more apps. I do have a problem. I use titanium backup and now I can't backup anything to my sd card. It says my SD Card is not writable. Anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts? Thanks. uploadfromtaptalk1392788752475.jpg

UPDATE!

HELLO Guys I just updated the thread hope this work for you now i have tested and works fine shouldn't be no issues ENJOY!!
    No, still working on it. It keeps telling me error. I have to unmoun dev/block/mmblk before I can use a parted. Don't know what that means. Please help me. I really need this caus I have run out of space. I try this over and over and can't figure what I'm doing wrong.

Sent from my SGH-T599X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I created a video hope that help u

Sent from my SGH-T599X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Worked like a charm...just be sure to BACKUP the info on your card data to your computer. You will be formatting it. Best thing about this app...on the fly on the phone. Successfully created fat32 26497MB partition with an ext4 4711MB partition and a swap file of 707 MB.