Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 49,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Nexus 5 with KITKAT 4.4.2 and GEAR(null_17 ROM)

Tip us?

pcelli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Smile My Nexus 5 with KITKAT 4.4.2 and GEAR(null_17 ROM)

hi to all, i want to share my experience (sorry for my english, i'm italian)
i have Nexus 5 phone and galaxy Gear(null_17 ROM).

Nexus 5 with KitKat 4.4.2
Galaxy Gear with V700XXUAMK7 with NULL_17 ROM
and watchstyler 1.0.9 (working) with Casio Skin

At first i installed gearmanagerstub.apk
after i just bring "gear manager 1.6 111801.apk" and renamed to "gear manager 1.6 111801.zip"
opened and bring all file in the folder "preinstalledapk"
and run all one by one excepted for "samusic" and "saweather" because fail to installing(but is ok).

after all manual apk installed also installed "gear manager 1.6 111801.apk"

and opened gear manager and start the gear and pairing it. (2 or 3 time but making same test and check and at final running)
if you come from old pairing with other gear manager version example 1.5 or 1.4 etc... just from your sdcard delete the folder ".BManager_backup"

for fix the notification i also installed ATNmanager 1.2.2.apk on the phone, and in the gear i already sended the version of "ATNmanager 1.2.3.1_pre"(only the watch.apk file inside) and i receive all notify on gear by this apps and working fine.
remeber to go in setting->security->allow ATNmanager to read notification

up to now
work:
contact
logs call
gallery
camera(make and send directly to the phone in gallery)
call and receive it.
voice record (record and send on phone, but play with file manager in "sdcard/Sounds/Galaxy_Gear/your recording file"
notification(ATNmanager APP)

no work:
weather
s voice

For me is a good Result

Domenico.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to pcelli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nunyabiziz
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I would think that weather and svoice wouldnt work because these features are twiz based. Thanks for reporting your findings.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
Mobile speed:

Home speed:

norocel
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcelli View Post
hi to all, i want to share my experience (sorry for my english, i'm italian)
i have Nexus 5 phone and galaxy Gear(null_17 ROM).

Nexus 5 with KitKat 4.4.2
Galaxy Gear with V700XXUAMK7 with NULL_17 ROM
and watchstyler 1.0.9 (working) with Casio Skin

At first i installed gearmanagerstub.apk
after i just bring "gear manager 1.6 111801.apk" and renamed to "gear manager 1.6 111801.zip"
opened and bring all file in the folder "preinstalledapk"
and run all one by one excepted for "samusic" and "saweather" because fail to installing(but is ok).

after all manual apk installed also installed "gear manager 1.6 111801.apk"

and opened gear manager and start the gear and pairing it. (2 or 3 time but making same test and check and at final running)
if you come from old pairing with other gear manager version example 1.5 or 1.4 etc... just from your sdcard delete the folder ".BManager_backup"

for fix the notification i also installed ATNmanager 1.2.2.apk on the phone, and in the gear i already sended the version of "ATNmanager 1.2.3.1_pre"(only the watch.apk file inside) and i receive all notify on gear by this apps and working fine.
remeber to go in setting->security->allow ATNmanager to read notification

up to now
work:
contact
logs call
gallery
camera(make and send directly to the phone in gallery)
call and receive it.
voice record (record and send on phone, but play with file manager in "sdcard/Sounds/Galaxy_Gear/your recording file"
notification(ATNmanager APP)

no work:
weather
s voice

For me is a good Result

Domenico.
You are such a nice guy,you helped me fix my gear where nobody could actually even give me a simple answer! You have my respect for that,should be a sticky on your post really !
Nexus 5 stock/rooted
Galaxy gear Jetblack Null16

You are what you are thinking,you are your own god!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norocel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ben503
Old
Thanks Meter 21
So I have 1.5 gear manager. If I delete bmanager and install the 1.6 apk my watch won't reset? For atn I have to install on phone and watch? Please link where to download and put the links on your guide to make it easier for the new gear owners

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

amsguitarist
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by norocel View Post
You are such a nice guy,you helped me fix my gear where nobody could actually even give me a simple answer! You have my respect for that,should be a sticky on your post really !
These steps have been explained many many many times before. People get tired of repeating the same explanation in every thread. I guarantee people will still ask with this thread's existence. Just spend half an hour searching through the forum.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

norocel
Old
(Last edited by norocel; 3rd January 2014 at 11:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsguitarist View Post
These steps have been explained many many many times before. People get tired of repeating the same explanation in every thread. I guarantee people will still ask with this thread's existence. Just spend half an hour searching through the forum.

I found information too but nothing exactly as he put it,only mentions and so on and he quite managed to explain well some things i did not think of. It should be a sticky somewhere for new gear ownners with links and guides.
By they way,any link or way i could get the latest gear working app? thanx !
Nexus 5 stock/rooted

amsguitarist
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
I found information too but nothing exactly as he put it,only mentions and so on and he quite managed to explain well some things i did not think of. It should be a sticky somewhere for new gear ownners with links and guides.
By they way,any link or way i could get the latest gear working app? thanx !
Are you kidding? Look at your last sentence. Just proves that people don't research on this board and that is the reason why developers get extremely put off. Stop being lazy and do your own research. As I have said, everything has been told to many people, even in the same thread. If you can't figure it out from the available information, maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

norocel
Old
(Last edited by norocel; 4th January 2014 at 02:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsguitarist View Post
Are you kidding? Look at your last sentence. Just proves that people don't research on this board and that is the reason why developers get extremely put off. Stop being lazy and do your own research. As I have said, everything has been told to many people, even in the same thread. If you can't figure it out from the available information, maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

I really don't get it why you have to be so negative,things like these should be in first page not for me to look for houres and read pages,some people have other things to do rather than browsing pages for houres,that's why i donate to people that do a good job so i don't have to do it myself. Thank you !
Edit: All i'am saying organisation is key on this website,if there was a proper sticky and info, people would no have to ask in all threads about it. A post "how to make F'king gear manager working on non samsung devices" with 2 links and 3 words as the first guy just poset and voila ! Aparently you support messy information and useless posts.
Nexus 5 stock/rooted

amsguitarist
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
I really don't get it why you have to be so negative,things like these should be in first page not for me to look for houres and read pages,some people have other things to do rather than browsing pages for houres,that's why i donate to people that do a good job so i don't have to do it myself. Thank you !
Oh the first page of threads "Gear Manager Downloads". Nobody is going to want to help you if you've asked questions that show you haven't even looked in the forums for a second. Exactly why the null ROM no longer has direct support in here anymore.

pcelli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Thanks. I just happy to share and people same me... Have good way to share alla fix.

Tags
nexus 5 and gear