Bounty: Flex ROM for Verizon g2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jmileti

Jul 19, 2012
Hey everyone. I have attempted to build a working flex ROM for Verizon g2. Had a bootable ROM but had no working 4g data. Attempted to make ROM work with appropriate files to get data working but now it won't boot. Why. I don't know. I have asked for help from other builders for all the other variants with no response from them except for a very general point in the proverbial direction to no avail. @MicroMod777 of the awesome digital dream ROM in the Verizon forum has assisted me as well as @krazie1. @T.C.P and @Jeff Zaugg. So basically I am looking for someone to help resolve our issues. I would even be willing to come up with donations accordingly for time and knowledge to resolve these issues or even to just build a working ROM to share with the masses. Thank you all in advance for your time. ROM ON!!!!!

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Jeff Zaugg

Feb 26, 2012
I'm going to try what i pm'd you.
Will report back soon....

Sent from my VS980 4G

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton
Hey everyone. I have attempted to build a working flex ROM for Verizon g2. Had a bootable ROM but had no working 4g data. Attempted to make ROM work with appropriate files to get data working but now it won't boot. Why. I don't know. I have asked for help from other builders for all the other variants with no response from them except for a very general point in the proverbial direction to no avail. @MicroMod777 of the awesome digital dream ROM in the Verizon forum has assisted me as well as @krazie1. @T.C.P and @Jeff Zaugg. So basically I am looking for someone to help resolve our issues. I would even be willing to come up with donations accordingly for time and knowledge to resolve these issues or even to just build a working ROM to share with the masses. Thank you all in advance for your time. ROM ON!!!!!

so far, most of us either can get phone working but no data, or get data working but no phone :/ guess its gonna be a long night tonight :D

if anyone wants to help, this zip will get data working but will break calls
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgg63otz8j2zdz3/Verizon patch.zip

Reactions: jmileti

jmileti

Jul 19, 2012
so far, most of us either can get phone working but no data, or get data working but no phone :/ guess its gonna be a long night tonight :D

I don't even have my bootable base anymore. Forgot to make copy before I started modding it to get data working. Unfortunately I got work tomorrow. If I can get an uploaded bootable ROM then I can work on what isn't working. Sure wish there was a android kitchen for lg g2 to attempt doing this the way I would prefer. Plus this is effectively the first ROM in which I am doing this. Usually just editing and modding other Roms for myself. Hope I'm not biting of more than I can chew.

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton
I don't even have my bootable base anymore. Forgot to make copy before I started modding it to get data working. Unfortunately I got work tomorrow. If I can get an uploaded bootable ROM then I can work on what isn't working. Sure wish there was a android kitchen for lg g2 to attempt doing this the way I would prefer. Plus this is effectively the first ROM in which I am doing this. Usually just editing and modding other Roms for myself. Hope I'm not biting of more than I can chew.

i wish i could upload but my upload is hella slow bro, sorry

jmileti

Jul 19, 2012
i wish i could upload but my upload is hella slow bro, sorry

Its OK. Hopefully this thread gets some juices going on getting this ROM done.

If anyone has a booting ROM with either a data or phone issue please upload so we can collectively try to solve the issue.

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer

If anyone has a booting ROM with either a data or phone issue please upload so we can collectively try to solve the issue.

Can anyone give me an idea of what has been tried thus far? I figured I would try to help since everyone was asked but me. Unless the reason nobody asked me is because you don't want my help. Lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: jmileti

Jeff Zaugg

Feb 26, 2012
I've got it booted on my phone and have data working, but phone is broke and contacts fc every once and a while

jmileti

Jul 19, 2012
Can anyone give me an idea of what has been tried thus far? I figured I would try to help since everyone was asked but me. Unless the reason nobody asked me is because you don't want my help. Lmao

We started with a flex ROM and changed boot img libs/modules. Etc /permissions pertaining to Verizon also a build prop edited for it. Basically got a booting ROM with no data. Originally that was with tangjuns ROM. Then I tried starfighters and couldn't get it to boot. Now one of us is trying rayglobe. But we would defiantly love to have your help to get this off the ground. I asked in your thread about a Verizon version of aeon flux. Just trying to get some of these great Roms for our phones. You guys do great work and obviously help each other out. I am the new guy that chose this as my first project. Thanks for all you can do.

jmileti

Jul 19, 2012
Till tomorrow. Got work. Good luck

Jeff Zaugg

Feb 26, 2012
Some of you said you were having trouble getting the flex Rom to boot.

These are the steps i've taken:
In Android Development there is a thread by Tangjun269.
On page 13 of thread is a rom called Flex_Rayglob.zip 952.3 mb
I downloaded this rom it's got Gapps baked in and has the ugly black around the icons removed witch I think looks better.
I use root explorer to extract rom then I replaced these items from any one (your choice) of the stock rooted 12b builds in the Verizon section:
Extracting each one from 12b and dropping into extracted flex rom.
Boot.ing
META-INF
etc/apns-conf.xml
Lib/modules
Now zip rom, boot into recovery back up and flash.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

So then you also replaced the LGContacts.apk? Did it stop the random FC?

No didn't try that will try now give me a sec....

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

No go tried contacts and phone.

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton
if we can get these two jars to framework and actually boot, it might work.
/framework/com.verizon.settings.jar"/>
/framework/com.verizon.phone.jar"/>
everytime i flash them, or push them, the phone wont boot :/

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
I think we might have more luck if we disabled signature checks. That might be causing issues of being able to switch the apks over. I don't remember if you disable this In android policy.jar or services.jar

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bigfau

I think we might have more luck if we disabled signature checks. That might be causing issues of being able to switch the apks over. I don't remember if you disable this In android policy.jar or services.jar

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You disable Signature check in the services.jar

I disabled Signature check in this one.

services.jar

Last edited:

bigfau

Some of you said you were having trouble getting the flex Rom to boot.

These are the steps i've taken:
In Android Development there is a thread by Tangjun269.
On page 13 of thread is a rom called Flex_Rayglob.zip 952.3 mb
I downloaded this rom it's got Gapps baked in and has the ugly black around the icons removed witch I think looks better.
I use root explorer to extract rom then I replaced these items from any one (your choice) of the stock rooted 12b builds in the Verizon section:
Extracting each one from 12b and dropping into extracted flex rom.
Boot.ing
META-INF
etc/apns-conf.xml
Lib/modules
Now zip rom, boot into recovery back up and flash.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

No didn't try that will try now give me a sec....

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

No go tried contacts and phone.

The Phone and Contacts apk were deodexed correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i got those jar to work, but same thing, so gonna pull a log and see if that helps

ps on the bright side, rotation isnt broken anymore :D
    I can do $10 to whoever gets a stable vzw flex rom built.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    The rotation bug is what happens when trying to run a flex rom on Verizon and I believe sprint too. Where rotation is backwards. Sideways equals portrait. Vertical equals landscape. Unless you shut auto rotation off then it sits at portrait as it should.

Accidentally thanked lol, any ways, the" bug" is fixable, just flash the sensor libs and voila. I would name. Them but I'm at work

if anyone wants to help, this zip will get data working but will break calls
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgg63otz8j2zdz3/Verizon patch.zip