[ROM][n7100][UNOFFICIAL][KTU84Q][4.4.4][2014-10-23] AOKP Kitkat Nightlies

OP alexander4all

5th January 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #21  
Flag Udine
Thanks Meter: 21

643 posts
Obviously i always format every partition except intSd and extSd... All formatted Cache, dalvik, system, and all

and that is way i said "installed from scratch"

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk
Last edited by TheBo; 5th January 2014 at 12:06 PM.
5th January 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #22  
Flag Potenza
Thanks Meter: 31

196 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBo

Obviously i always format every partition except intSd and extSd... All formatted Cache, dalvik, system, and all

It's strange, but i encountered this issue with other ROMs :/ yesterday i've tried to install Resurrection Remix, i wiped ALL the internal storage to be sure, installed ROM, installed gapps, wipe cache, fix permission and....nothing. Maybe is the recovery?
5th January 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #23  
Flag Udine
Thanks Meter: 21

643 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvecio

It's strange, but i encountered this issue with other ROMs :/ yesterday i've tried to install Resurrection Remix, i wiped ALL the internal storage to be sure, installed ROM, installed gapps, wipe cache, fix permission and....nothing. Maybe is the recovery?

Yes as i said 2 post ago.... It was a recovery issue... I said it because a user said He had issues with old twrp... And i stated just that i had issues even with the latest one

5th January 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 44

209 posts
Hmm... I also use the same latest TWRP and also had this booting forever problem. I just assumed that I forgot to factory reset the system before booting due to late hours... So, back to recovery, factory reset, and everything worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBo

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Good news - Bluetooth works in my car (R.S.250 Cup), both music and phone. No stability problems as with PAC ROM. So far, at least...
5th January 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #25  
OP Member
Flag Ortenaukreis
Thanks Meter: 94

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
It looks like the SMS-app issue happens on unrelated AOKP-roms aswell so it seems to be an issue with the AOKP sources itself... I'd have to check later if I can find a fix for it.

As to the SMS-backup issue I can't tell you much, I myself use MyBackup Pro but I haven't migrated my text messages from 4.3 to 4.4.

And I can't comment on the gapps since they are unrelated to this image and I have no control over them, you might try other gapps like the ones by dhacker29
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexander4all For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 5

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander4all

It looks like the SMS-app issue happens on unrelated AOKP-roms aswell so it seems to be an issue with the AOKP sources itself... I'd have to check later if I can find a fix for it.

As to the SMS-backup issue I can't tell you much, I myself use MyBackup Pro but I haven't migrated my text messages from 4.3 to 4.4.

And I can't comment on the gapps since they are unrelated to this image and I have no control over them, you might try other gapps like the ones by dhacker29

Sms backup is a app problem(doesn't work with kitkat), try last beta (became a beta tester first)

The Following User Says Thank You to kitkatcamusa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #27  

209 posts
OK, I'll try a different app for migration. SMS Backup only crashes on the external SD card. On the emulated card #0 it shows the progress bar, but the messages do not show up... I'll report the progress.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Another minor thing...

Is there a solution for making DSP Manager work?

It's not picked up from Apollo, although the button exists. When started separately, it doesn't make any difference to the sound. For Nexus 4 both DSP Manager and Apollo are flashed as a zip, as they need some additional libraries...
5th January 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #28  

209 posts
Went driving with VideoReg... It hanged once when attempting to calibrate focus while driving. It was camera not responding fault. It's not too bad, but the problem is present.
5th January 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #29  
OP Member
Flag Ortenaukreis
Thanks Meter: 94

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'll upload an update in about 30 minutes where I fixed the SMS-issue, so that should be out of the way now.
But regarding DSP Manager, I tried to get it working for a while but it looks like it does not like the AOKP-framework very much, maybe I'll get something done in future.
The Following User Says Thank You to alexander4all For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #30  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Best
Very beautiful ROM with very setting possibilities

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, aokp, n7100, rom, unofficial
Previous Thread Next Thread