Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,795 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][n7100][UNOFFICIAL][KTU84Q][4.4.4][2014-09-18] AOKP Kitkat Nightlies

Tip us?
 
TheBo
Old
(Last edited by TheBo; 5th January 2014 at 12:06 PM.)
#21  
TheBo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 643
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Udine
Obviously i always format every partition except intSd and extSd... All formatted Cache, dalvik, system, and all


and that is way i said "installed from scratch"

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk
Omai ga shinjiro omai demonai. Omai ga shinjiru ore demonai. Omai ga shinjiru omao o shinjiro!
 
Elvecio
Old
#22  
Elvecio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 183
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Potenza
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBo View Post
Obviously i always format every partition except intSd and extSd... All formatted Cache, dalvik, system, and all


and that is way i said "installed from scratch"

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk
It's strange, but i encountered this issue with other ROMs :/ yesterday i've tried to install Resurrection Remix, i wiped ALL the internal storage to be sure, installed ROM, installed gapps, wipe cache, fix permission and....nothing. Maybe is the recovery?
Italian User

My phones in the years: Nokia n73 > iPhone 4 > Galaxy Note 2 > iPhone 5 > Oneplus One (Android is back, bitches!)
 
TheBo
Old
#23  
TheBo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 643
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Udine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvecio View Post
It's strange, but i encountered this issue with other ROMs :/ yesterday i've tried to install Resurrection Remix, i wiped ALL the internal storage to be sure, installed ROM, installed gapps, wipe cache, fix permission and....nothing. Maybe is the recovery?
Yes as i said 2 post ago.... It was a recovery issue... I said it because a user said He had issues with old twrp... And i stated just that i had issues even with the latest one

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk
Omai ga shinjiro omai demonai. Omai ga shinjiru ore demonai. Omai ga shinjiru omao o shinjiro!
 
porcino
Old
#24  
porcino's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 209
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hmm... I also use the same latest TWRP and also had this booting forever problem. I just assumed that I forgot to factory reset the system before booting due to late hours... So, back to recovery, factory reset, and everything worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBo View Post
Obviously i always format every partition except intSd and extSd... All formatted Cache, dalvik, system, and all


and that is way i said "installed from scratch"

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk


---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Good news - Bluetooth works in my car (R.S.250 Cup), both music and phone. No stability problems as with PAC ROM. So far, at least...
 
alexander4all
Old
#25  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ortenaukreis

 
DONATE TO ME
It looks like the SMS-app issue happens on unrelated AOKP-roms aswell so it seems to be an issue with the AOKP sources itself... I'd have to check later if I can find a fix for it.

As to the SMS-backup issue I can't tell you much, I myself use MyBackup Pro but I haven't migrated my text messages from 4.3 to 4.4.

And I can't comment on the gapps since they are unrelated to this image and I have no control over them, you might try other gapps like the ones by dhacker29
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexander4all For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kitkatcamusa
Old
#26  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 45
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander4all View Post
It looks like the SMS-app issue happens on unrelated AOKP-roms aswell so it seems to be an issue with the AOKP sources itself... I'd have to check later if I can find a fix for it.

As to the SMS-backup issue I can't tell you much, I myself use MyBackup Pro but I haven't migrated my text messages from 4.3 to 4.4.

And I can't comment on the gapps since they are unrelated to this image and I have no control over them, you might try other gapps like the ones by dhacker29
Sms backup is a app problem(doesn't work with kitkat), try last beta (became a beta tester first)

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kitkatcamusa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
porcino
Old
#27  
porcino's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 209
Join Date: Feb 2011
OK, I'll try a different app for migration. SMS Backup only crashes on the external SD card. On the emulated card #0 it shows the progress bar, but the messages do not show up... I'll report the progress.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Another minor thing...

Is there a solution for making DSP Manager work?

It's not picked up from Apollo, although the button exists. When started separately, it doesn't make any difference to the sound. For Nexus 4 both DSP Manager and Apollo are flashed as a zip, as they need some additional libraries...
 
porcino
Old
#28  
porcino's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 209
Join Date: Feb 2011
Went driving with VideoReg... It hanged once when attempting to calibrate focus while driving. It was camera not responding fault. It's not too bad, but the problem is present.
 
alexander4all
Old
#29  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ortenaukreis

 
DONATE TO ME
I'll upload an update in about 30 minutes where I fixed the SMS-issue, so that should be out of the way now.
But regarding DSP Manager, I tried to get it working for a while but it looks like it does not like the AOKP-framework very much, maybe I'll get something done in future.
The Following User Says Thank You to alexander4all For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Milver
Old
#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bratislava

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Best

Very beautiful ROM with very setting possibilities

Tags
4.4, aokp, n7100, rom, unofficial
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes